Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

Epistle To The Boys: Domestic Violence By John Chizoba Vincent - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Epistle To The Boys: Domestic Violence By John Chizoba Vincent (329 Views)

Epistle To The Boys: For Those Boys Who Think Like Me. / Writing Is Not For Little Children By John Chizoba Vincent / They Are Vixens Not Sex Objects By John Chizoba Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Epistle To The Boys: Domestic Violence By John Chizoba Vincent by SynCityNg: 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
One of those things I promised myself that I will teach my boys when I have them is how to keep away from domestic violence. I will teach them that women are not punching bags. I will teach them how to build their own home, play the fatherly role, the husband role and also teach them how to strike a balance between them and their wives and children not patterning their moral into the illusion of the so called African myth of man being the head of the family and thereby, having the right or the emunity over women. I will teach them the right culture, our African culture. I will teach them how to respect women and their dignity not excluding their pride. For in the pride of a woman is the woman herself.

Domestic violence and abuse do not discriminate. It does not look at faces or something else. Abuse happens among heterosexual couples and in same-sex partnerships. It occurs within all age ranges, ethnic backgrounds, and economic levels not minding the language differences or tribes. And while women are more commonly victimized, men are also abused, boys—especially verbally and emotionally by women who they are in a relationship with. The bottom line is that abusive behavior is never acceptable by the society or the world in general, whether it’s coming from a man, a woman, a teenager, or an older adult. You deserve to feel valued, respected, joyful and safe in the hand of a person you so much love. Boys, be vigilate and careful with whom you chose to marry or plan to spend the rest of your life with. Don't marry out of pity or trying to please someone who you think http://syncityng.com/2018/09/14/epistle-to-the-boys-domestic-violence-by-john-vincent-chizoba/

(1) (Reply)

For Those Boys Who Think Like Me BY JOHN CHIZOBA VINCENT / !klock - Allo Ayo / Feminism And The African Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.