Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,826 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! (502 Views)

'I Need Only ATM Card Code To Empty Victim’s Account’ - Suspect (photo) / Unilag Slay Queen Arrested For Stealing Roommate’s ATM Card / New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! by OlamipoOla: 5:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
Recently, GTBank started a policy of not transferring ATM card from a branch to another. Whatever reason behind that is a welcomed development. It shouldn't be my problem.

However, they still continued debitting customers for a renewal of card without their permission even when they know that they won't make such cards available for the owner if he/she isn't around the branch where the account was opened.

The implication of this is, customers are forced to pay for another ATM card wherever they are... Amounting to payment twice.

My account was debited two weeks ago for mastercard renewal without authorising such renewal, I went to the closest branch where I am, that they should produce the card in their own branch and not where I opened my account. The person who attended to me asked me to come back after I have received a message that my card is available for pick up.

After receiving the message, I went back to the branch close to me for the card to be transferred. I was told it can't be transferred l, I have to apply for a new one and pay for another ATM card or travel down to where I opened my account. This is crazy!

After stopping the policy of transfer, why couldn't they stop the policy of auto-debit and auto renewal for cards when they don't know if I am available whereever they are producing the card?

This is nothing but SCAM!

They should stop auto renewal and wait for owners of the account to come and request for the production of a new card wherever he/she is based after the initial has expired. GTBANK should stop the SCAM of debitting for a renewal without authorising them.

2 Likes

Re: The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! by OlamipoOla: 2:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Re: The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! by mayokunlawale(f): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
They have done the same for me and I wont agree because it is total wickedness and cheating and yet they don't feel sober or sorry about it
Re: The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! by Lastmankc(m): 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
How can this scam be stopped. They have done the same to me
Re: The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! by agroventures: 4:34am On Jun 05, 2020
It happened to me. Write their customer service a strongly-worded letter threatening to report to CBN. Ifyou don't get a reversal, copy CBN. They will reverse your money. It is against CBN policy to issue card without you asking for it. Almost all banks do it.
Re: The Latest Scam At Gtbank: Forcing Customers To Pay For New Atm Card Twice! by ajailer(m): 7:12am On Jun 05, 2020
they need to stop this rubbish of theirs. same thing happened to me when I requested for an atm card. they attempted debiting me twice after delaying me for like two weeks and several visits to their branch. this got me angry and I asked to see their manager who took up my matter which was solved instantly without any extra atm charge from my account.

(1) (Reply)

24-year-old High School Teacher Stabbed To Death By His Student In South Africa / We Will Soon Kill Leah Sharibu, Boko Haram Threatens / Man caught trying to rape an elderly woman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.