Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) (5820 Views)

Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplexe / Construction Of Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex(abijo) / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:25am On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2018
decking casting.

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:28am On Nov 01, 2018
labour at work.

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:29am On Nov 01, 2018

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:30am On Nov 01, 2018
finished casting around 6:30

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2018
6:30pm we finished casting of the decking.

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:36am On Nov 01, 2018
Wasnt easy.But we thank God.decking casting was done on monday.
we intend to start blocksetting nextweek.

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Timtol(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

its the side we cast.The front you are talking about is an ammendment to the blocksetting.so we used mortar to correct.(not concrete)
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Timtol(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

its 1:2:4 .

its not brownish its would be the camera.
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2018
I have HND in quantity surveying, OND in civil engineering, PGD in construction management and I am working on my MSC in construction Management.

So I am more than qualified to manage any building project Locally and internationally.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Timtol(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

Thanks apart from being a professional QS, i am a builder by experience and training.
Moreover i was trained by my dad a professor emeritus of building technology .
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:36am On Nov 01, 2018
The decking cost us N3m

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2018
formwork materials and workmanship for the decking cost us N515k

Reinforcement 3tonnes of 12mm rods 1 and a half tonne of 16mm 1tonne of 10mm rods

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Timtol(m): 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

thanks.
i did structural mechanics and strength of materials back in school so i know all of that.
Cool!
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Newboss(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

2m
raymondFirstborn:
The decking cost us N3m
I thought you said you budgeted 2m for decking?
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 5:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Newboss:

I thought you said you budgeted 2m for decking?

yes we budgeted 2m, But we had to change the design of the upperfloor and that caused the increase in cost.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Newboss(m): 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

yes we budgeted 2m, But we had to change the design of the upperfloor and that caused the increase in cost.

I thought as much
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
boyestic
a builder or engineer handles the supervision of a building, while the architect handles the design.

you can contact us for building construction & supervision
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Juell(m): 10:49am On Dec 17, 2018
raymondFirstborn:
boyestic
a builder or engineer handles the supervision of a building, while the architect handles the design.

you can contact us for building construction & supervision
Nah, the architect is the master builder.
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2018
Juell:

Nah, the architect is the master builder.

nah i dont think so, my wife is an architect & she wont do the work of a builder or civil engineer.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Juell(m): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

nah i dont think so, my wife is an architect & she wont do the work of a builder or civil engineer.
Ur wife doesn't like sitework
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by tkdrafter: 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Timtol:

Sorry
Why is it so rough?

agree with you on this ...really bad job

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
tkdrafter:

agree with you on this ...really bad job

i disagree with you, thats a minor ammendment/correction during blocksetting that has not even been done with, as at the time the picture was taken. i took the picture while my workers were still working on it .

thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by tkdrafter: 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

i disagree with you, thats a minor ammendment/correction during blocksetting that has not even been done with, as at the time the picture was taken. i took the picture while my workers were still working on it .

thanks for your input.
Even at that, it is a poor job.... your story is not an excuse for the SHIT job done.

LOOKING AT THE ABIJO PROJECT, I doubt if you're the one in charge of that, it doesn't look like your job at all.
Merry Christmas
Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by zamirikpo(m): 5:58am On Dec 24, 2018
tkdrafter:

Even at that, it is a poor job.... your story is not an excuse for the SHIT job done.

LOOKING AT THE ABIJO PROJECT, I doubt if you're the one in charge of that, it doesn't look like your job at all.
Merry Christmas

Oga calm down, u don't just bad mouth people's hussle like that....i don't know what the issue is ooh but try to criticize constructively.

Am sure the guy is just starting out......so if anything encourage him, rome wasn't built in a day.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:14am On Dec 24, 2018
tkdrafter:

Merry Christmas

thanks for the input though.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Nairalanders 5bedroom Duplex Budget(N17m) by Tjutt: 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
What’s the update on this project?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Letting & Sales In Maryland Estate & Lekki Axis Lagos / 3bedrm Bungalow Inside Estate At Iju Ishaga 13m With C Of O For Sale / A Peek Inside A $35 Million Glass House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.