Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard (23122 Views)

DSS DG Yusuf Bichi: Opposition Parties Summon Emergency Meeting / Yusuf Bichi Conducts Secret Recruitment With North Getting 535 - SaharaReporters / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Bichi Magaji's Appointment As New DSS DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Nasir123(m): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2018
Good development!
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by mvem(m): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2018
Dumdumfashion:
He only emerged because he is a northerner and someone PMB can control. Nothing else!
..see me see wahala... DG of the state Security Service should obviously be a puppet and loyal to the president...it happens everywhere... You think trump won't appoint a CIA boss he can easily control or Putin an FSB boss he can easily control too...
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Nasir123(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2018
arewafederation:
Y'all can wail..wail... wail.. and keep wailing until the wailings fizzle out for the next "Wailable" issue. That's all you can do about it.

The wailing is getting too much grin
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by mosdii(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2018
Democracy in Nigeria can simply be defined as government of the north, by the north and for the north.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by meolaniyi(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2018
micolaj:
Hmm
Buhari an ethnic bigot?

This is simply unacceptable, barbaric, and presumptuous.

What concerns us with the COMPETENCE of the so- called Northerner? What is our business with his APOLITICAL STATUS?

All we want is BUHARI being sensitive to the principle of FEDERAL CHARACTER.The new HEAD of DSS MUST be a Southern. Simple.

Moreover, the fact that the head of DSS relates MORE with other citizens than MR PRESIDENT even makes our demand reasonable.

Who is now a tribalist?
BUHARI or...(hmm)
grin grin grin

There positions you cannot trust in the hands of SS people lets tell ourself the truth. Even SE people
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by velocity25(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2018
useful idiots and zombies on Nairaland behold your president the most bigot and religious champion ever!
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by mrmachine: 10:11am On Sep 15, 2018
Why una dey blame our president? He has right to appoint who is comfortable with. Especially capable hands from any part of the country. You lazy youths have refused to step into active politics. Na so so yahoo yahoo una sabi do and criticize. If you think Mr President is not doing the right thing, then get involved and you may be fortunate to be elevated one day to the post , then you would be to right the perceived wrongs Before you begin to insult me read the list below and ponder on it. Add the new minister to it.

APPOINTEES:

The list below are heads of government agencies appointed by present administration in recent past. These are appointees from the north, I will research and bring out the list for the south anytime soon and y'all can juxtapose

SECURITY:
* Yusuf Magaji Bichi- DSS
* Ahmed Abubakar- NIA

PETROLEUM:
* Maikanti Barau- NNPC
* Mordecai Danteni Ladan- DPR
* Ahmed Bobboi- PEF
* Dr Bello Aliyu Gusau- PTDF
* Seidu Mohammed- NOSDRA

TRANSPORT:
* Hadiza Bala Usman- NPA
* Engr Saleh Dunoma- FAAN
* Capt. Mukhtar Umar- NCAA
* Usman Abubakar- NRC

FINANCE:
* Abbas Umar Manasawa -NSPMC
* Ahmed Lawan Kuru- AMCON
* Hajia Aisha Dahir-Umar- PENCOM
* Alh. Umaru Ibrahim- NDIC
* Mohammed Kari- NAICOM

COMMUNICATIONS:
* Prof Umaru Danbatta- NCC
* Isa Ali Ibrahim- NITDA

EDUCATION:
* Dr Hamid Bobboi- UBEC
* Prof Abubakar Adamu Rasheed- NUC
* Dr Abdullahi Bichi Baffa- TETFUND

HEALTH:
* Dr Sani Aliyu- NACA
* Prof Usman Yusuf- NHIS
* Dr Faisal Shuaib- NPHDA

WORKS & HOUSING:
* Engr Nurudeen A. Rafindadi- FERMA
* Ahmed Musa Dangiwa- FMBN
* Prof Mohammed Al-Amin- FHA

INFORMATION:
*Yakubu Muhammed- NTA
* Ishaq Modibbo Kawu- NBC
* Mansur Liman- FRCN
* Garba Abari- NOA
Bayo Onanuga NAN

PRESIDENCY:
* Prof Mahmud Yakubu- INEC
* Ahmed Idris- Accountant General
* Tijjani M. Abdullahi- Budget Office
* Mamman Amadu- BPE
* Engr Mustapha Yunusa Maihaja- NEMA
* Aliyu Abdulhameed- NIRSAL
* Prof Sani Mashi- NIMET

micolaj:
Hmm
Buhari an ethnic bigot?

What concerns us with the COMPETENCE of the so- called Northerner? What is our business with his APOLITICAL STATUS?

All we want is BUHARI being sensitive to the principle of FEDERAL CHARACTER.The new HEAD of DSS MUST be a Southern. Simple.

Moreover, the fact that the head of DSS relates MORE with other citizens than MR PRESIDENT even makes our demand reasonable.

Who is now a tribalist?
BUHARI or...(hmm)
grin grin grin

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by arewafederation: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2018
Nasir123:

The wailing is getting too much grin

It's becoming music to my ears. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by bigtt76(f): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Didn't you read that the new DG was recommended by the current acting DG who is from South South? How is this a Buhari's problem? angry

micolaj:
Hmm
Buhari an ethnic bigot?

Who is now a tribalist?
BUHARI or...(hmm)
grin grin grin

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by BafanaBafana: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2018
godliman:
This damage control will not fly. Period
Damage control for who? How will there be control when there was no damage?
The government doesn't give a mess about wailers. Whatever they do, you guys will still wail.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Turantula(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2018
Straight from Lie Mohammed's cookbook for gullible Zombies. Only Irredeemable BMC Zombies will believe that it was Seiyefa that recommended the mallam for the Lifeless terrorist
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by macaphan007(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2018
Spin Doctors changing the narrative.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Jabioro: 10:28am On Sep 15, 2018
id911:

Even Liar Mohammed will laugh at this cock and bull story
The news was from lP0B paper Vangurdnews
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2018
Majority of the ppl commenting have not even bothered to read the story, let alone appreciate the fact that the outgoing former DG was actually the one who recommended Bichi as his replacement to the president, based on merit.
It is apparent that all they wanted was an opportunity to download their usual shortsighted silly bigotry.

1 Like

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by excomarow(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2018
micolaj:
Hmm
Buhari an ethnic bigot?

Who is now a tribalist?
BUHARI or...(hmm)
grin grin grin

“ The president has the discretion to appointed whoever he wants as the Director General of the Service. The most important thing is whether the person so appointed is qualified and capable.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by meolaniyi(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
Majority of the ppl commenting have not even bothered to read the story, let alone appreciate the fact that the outgoing former DG was actually the one who recommended Bichi as his replacement to the president, based on merit.
It is apparent that all they wanted was an opportunity to download their usual shortsighted silly bigotry.
why the man no recommend himself
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by micolaj: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2018
excomarow:

“ The president has the discretion to appointed whoever he wants as the Director General of the Service. The most important thing is whether the person so appointed is qualified and capable.
You just read the comment,not understood.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by transcendmoi: 10:52am On Sep 15, 2018
LEARN TO CREATE BADDASS DESIGNS - START YOUR GRAPHICS DESIGN TRAINING NOW – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- 100% Practical Training from MULTIMEDIA Experts
¬- Learn how to Create LOGOS, FLYERS, BANNERS and Designs of ANY TYPE
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by DaCharis2016: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2018
micolaj:
Hmm
Buhari an ethnic bigot?

Who is now a tribalist?
BUHARI or...(hmm)
grin grin grin

Before anyone should comment on this, it is expected that the piece or statement above should be read and equally digested.

I referred to the president as being biased yesterday for removing a Southerner, and replacing him with a Northerner. But after reading the post above, I think he doesn't deserve all that. Reasons that:
1) Mr Seifa was just in acting capacity appointed by the acting president who the president can still change if he wishes.
2) Mr Michi was recommended by Seifa himself alongside some other staff of the service. Also some top presidential aides preferred the choice of Michi from a military competent background as demanded by Mr President.

With the statement above, I think with me being neutral in politics I don't think Buhari should be blamed on the appointment issue unless any opposition who is criticism and campaigning for his/her political party.

We all must first try to do the right thing always without prejudice and judging directly not knowing circumstances surrounding any development.

He may be blamed on other issues, but not this bro.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by micolaj: 11:02am On Sep 15, 2018
DaCharis2016:
Before anyone should comment on this, it is expected that the piece or statement above should be read and equally digested.

I referred to the president as being biased yesterday for removing a Southerner, and replacing him with a Northerner. But after reading the post above, I think he doesn't deserve all that. Reasons that:
1) Mr Seifa was just in acting capacity appointed by the acting president who the president can still change if he wishes.
2) Mr Michi was recommended by Seifa himself alongside some other staff of the service. Also some top presidential aides preferred the choice of Michi from a military competent background as demanded by Mr President.

With the statement above, I think with me being neutral in politics I don't think Buhari should be blamed on the appointment issue unless any opposition who is criticism and campaigning for his/her political party.

We all must first try to do the right thing always without prejudice and judging directly not knowing circumstances surrounding any development.

He may be blamed on other issues, but not this bro.

Sarcasm at work, Sir.
We really on the same page.
Happy weekend

1 Like

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Roger3D(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2018
EternalTruths:
Hausa Fulani people that rarely value education are now more competent than we Southerners in administration according to Buhari.

Buhari is putting the Hausa Fulani people on a collision course with the rest of Nigeria.
I know a bigot like you expected him to appoint an Ibo man because you people have this stupid notion that you are superior to northerners, but the north will always school you in politics 101. If you have a problem with the appointment wait for the day Nigeria produces an ibo president or better still when you get your worthless Biafra. Bichi is DG DSS and that is final

1 Like

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by eodavids(m): 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2018
Pls, how was Matthew Seyiafan disqualified
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by citizenY(m): 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2018
Quality20:
correct decision. Those of u shouting northocracy or whatever. Have u not observed that ppl like OBJ, Atiku, kwankwaso ,GEJ, Saraki and other strong detractors and real critics of Buhari have been quiet on d appointment of d new DSSS boss?
That's because they knew that is d norm in appointing a spy chief. I doubt Atiku ,Kwankwaso ,Lamido, or Saraki would appoint a spy chief away from their comfort zone.
Even all d ordinary ipob followers shouting and making noise, were any of them to become president tomorrow, he or she would most likely appoint a spy master from his zone,state or nearby area to head d DSSS. Anyway ppl have a right to their noise making in as much as it doesn't disturb others or change anything.

Fortunately, it is campaign season. Anybody who is not happy with the state of affairs should contest for the presidency, win and let's see what stuff he is made of.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by citizenY(m): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2018
Roger3D:
I know a bigot like you expected him to appoint an Ibo man because you people have this stupid notion that you are superior to northerners, but the north will always school you in politics 101. If you have a problem with the appointment wait for the day Nigeria produces an ibo president or better still when you get your worthless Biafra. Bichi is DG DSS and that is final

The Eternal Truth is that they can never be satisfied till you place them on the right hand side of the Creator. Until then. you can never be right. Maybe till you give them the seat.I tire for these people.

1 Like

Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by ebenholer(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2018
It is expected...even when NNPC secretly employed people from cabals family they affirmed that they did so because they needed technocrats and that common Nigerians are not technocrats worthy to be employed. What a world called Nigeria
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by ebenholer(m): 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
Roger3D:
For whatsoever reason PMB has no right to appoint northerners to head all the security sections of the nation. This is amounted to a bias and sectional agenda which is undemocratic. If u support this evil then I see it as a bad omen for the future of Nigeria.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by israelmao(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
Lie spinners.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Roger3D(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2018
ebenholer:

For whatsoever reason PMB has no right to appoint northerners to head all the security sections of the nation. This is amounted to a bias and sectional agenda which is undemocratic. If u support this evil then I see it as a bad omen for the future of Nigeria.
yes it might be morally wrong of him to staff the whole top level of security chiefs with northerners, but still he has done nothing against any law, also in the appointment of the DG DSS, the president took into consideration many factors besides ethnicity and so on and besides he has promised to correct them after he gets reelected next year.
Re: How Yusuf Bichi Emerged As DSS DG - Vanguard by Roger3D(m): 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2018
citizenY:

The Eternal Truth is that they can never be satisfied till you place them on the right hand side of the Creator. Until then. you can never be right. Maybe till you give them the seat.I tire for these people.
Give them the seat ke That seat is not just given on a platter of gold o, you will have to build bridges and form alliances to get it, ask Buhari how he learnt that the hard way. Nobody is giving them anything for free

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: NJC Gives Onnoghen Fresh Query Over Efcc's Petition / Jonathan Threatened To Put Me In A ‘Hole’ – Oshiomhole / #PDPHouseOfHunger Trends On Twitter (See Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.