Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,513 members, 7,958,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) (3731 Views)

The Tamaskan: A Dog Bred To Look Exactly Like A Wolf (Photos) / Meet Dog That Looks Like A Giraffe, Thanks To Her Incredibly Long Neck (Photos) / Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2018
I noticed that the pet section is getting boring so I thought of bringing this up, you'd love it mehn

Are you wanting to get a dog breed that has the look of a wolf? I would be sharing 10 of these dog breeds today

1 Siberian Husky

This dog breed originated from Siberia and looks very much like a wolf. They are strong and you can imagine the cuteness on their face when they smile.
Siberian husky is a loyal to the core breed and are known to be very much intelligent though you need to get them walks everyday and give them attention cos Boredom sometimes bring up the destructive habit in them grin
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2018
2 Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

I bet this is the first time you're hearing this breed "Alaskan Noble" thus they are not much in African countries. They are most times black in colour and there are some of the Alaskan companion dog they are with grey coats
This dog breed is known for being very much alert and loyal. The large dog is a fairly new breed that has an appearance that is quite similar to the wolf. They started out as a cross-breed of species like the German Shepherd, Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute. This breed is quite playful and laidback, but they can sometimes be aggressive toward children and strangers.
Note: they are destroyers if not given proper trainings and walks.
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2018
3 Samoyed

This breed is very much in African countries but you won't just see them around.
you can contact Any breeder in the pet Section to get this kinda breed
It originated among the Samoyedic people in Siberia and it is purely and Russian dog.
If you invest in a Samoyed, you will get a pleasant, calm dog. This breed is known for being exceptionally devoted and very friendly. They were originally bred to hunt, but they also kept their owners warm by sleeping with them at night. This animal loves people and athletic activities like hiking.
You can imagine their cuteness when they smile just like huskies thogh they are most times faced with diseases like diabetes, hip dysplasia and kidney disease depending on how you care for them sha
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:25am On Sep 15, 2018
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2018
4 German Shepherd

Actually this is the dog breed I love most, if I can get any from any generous petlander I'd be very grateful grin a breed I can die to own.
Back to the matter, though German Shepherds needs to be socialized from an early age so as to make them too protective of their family... They are a very nice breed and they are known to be very protective and loyal. They understand instructions easily and abide by them... German Shepherds are intelligent and top working dogs and for this reason it's often being employed by the police.
This breed is among the dog breeds that has the look of a wolf and it is one of the most popular breed in the world and is called Alsatian in Great Britain

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2018
5 Saarloos Wolfdog

This is another dog breed I know you haven't heard of or come across, I'm not sure they're here in Nigeria though I've read few things about this dog after which I watched the actions of this breed in a movie I can't remember it's title.
The Saarloos are very nice breeds
The Dutch breeder, Leendert Saarloos, was responsible for creating this dog. The breed began by interbreeding a female European wolf with a German Shepherd. In 1975, the Dutch Kennel Club first recognized the breed.

In appearance, the dog has a broad head, a powerful neck and long legs. Because it is half wolf, the Saarloos Wolfdog has a very wolf-life expression. This is not a dog that you can get if you live in an apartment complex or work long hours. Because of its wolf genetics, this dog needs a lot of exercise each day. It has a lot of energy and stamina that have to be used up, or your dog will misbehave. If you're not careful they'll endup becoming the head in your part and most times would be very much uncontrollable. grin
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:46am On Sep 15, 2018
Cc; lasticlala wa fi si fontpage ooo grin
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 11:57am On Sep 15, 2018
6 Alaskan Malamute

Good breed leleyi ooo (this one is a good breed ooo)
Like the Siberian Husky, the Alaskan Malamute was bred to pull heavy loads. This strong and powerful dog can weight up to 45 kg. While it might have an impressive strength, this dog is also very friendly. This extremely loyal puppy is very intelligent and personable, but watch out for its independent streak! It has a decently developed prey drive, and it is known for being resourceful. Like the Siberian Husky, the Malamute has a thick, double coat. Its facial markings make it look similar to a wolf, and it can come in a variety of colors.
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
7 Canadian Eskimo Dog

Known as the Canadian Husky or the Qimmiq, the Canadian Eskimo dog is another breed of working dogs. Like the Malamute and the Alaskan Husky, this dog was bred to pull sleds. Because of this, the dog weighs around 66 to 95 pounds. In 2008, there were only 300 purebreds in existence, so this dog breed is currently endangered.

The Canadian Eskimo dog is known for being energetic, smart and loyal, They are extremely strong and tough. While they are quite loyal, their prey drive makes them a bad choice for families with small pets or children. In addition, these dogs can get heat stroke in hot environments. They also require a lot of exercise to do their best.
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
more pictures of Canadian Eskimo dog

Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
8 Kugsha

The Kugsha dog is a breed of rare, domesticated dogs that were previously used as working dogs. They are characterized by a large, well-defined body with the looks of a wolf having a massive head with erect, pointy ears, almond-shaped eyes, and a broad muzzle. Their legs are sturdy and well-built, while the tail is long and bushy.

Kugshas are dogs with a primitive behavior like most other Northern breeds, and hence, their training needs to begin at a very tender age. However, they have a high level of intelligence with an eagerness to please their owners and can pick up training quickly. They make good watchdogs but are not suitable for apartment life.
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
Kugsha Pup grin
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
9 Czechoslovakian Wolfdog

Another one of the dogs that look like a wolf is the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. This is another new breed on the list. It was made by a blend of the Carpathian wolves and German Shepherds. This breed was made to get the stamina and strength of the wolf with the intelligence of the German Shepherd. The wolf-like dog has a hair and body type that looks like the wolf. Its fur is yellow to silver in color. Born with gorgeous amber eyes, this bred is known for being very social. They form strong bonds with their owners and pack. They do well with other pets in their pack, but they do not extend the same courtesy to strange animals. Make sure to socialize this dog at a young age grin
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
10 Northern Inuit Dog

This dog breed is not currently recognized, so it is a fairly uncommon one to find. It was developed in the United Kingdom as a way of creating a wolf-like dog. It has a medium build, but its markings resemble a wolf. While this dog is very intelligent, it is hard to train and quite stubborn. It is not a good choice for an inexperienced dog owner. These dogs can also suffer from separation anxiety, so they need training at a young age.
Re: Top 10 Dog Breeds That Looks Like A Wolf (pictures) by AfricaNigerian: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
Other Wolf like Dog
Utonagan

Tamaskan

(1) (Reply)

18-year Old Boy Make Love With Five Dogs In Edo / Cane Corso (italian Mastiff) Puppies For Sale / Rottweiler Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.