Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 (606 Views)

Osinbajo: All Tiers Of Government Must Be Open-minded, Collaborative / Fashola: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Open By February 15 / Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by semochendo1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
WHY WE SHOULD BE OPEN MINDED ENOUGH TO REPLACED PMB COME 2019.

***Pls Note!!! 

If you don't have the time to read the post,  don't just read the headline and jump to comment pls,  you might have missed points that would have rendered your comment unnecessary... Thanks. ***

INTRODUCTION. 

After making a humorous prayer for hardened supporters of Mr.  President yesterday, the responses I got were quite shocking and I felt, in the interest of many unaware youths and that of innocent Nigeria,  it's expedient I find time to write this article. 

Let it be on records, that during 2015 general elections,  I lead quite a number of campaign groups for PMB, many of us saw PMB as a perfect answer to the yearnings of an average Nigerian, we had so much confidence in his antecedent and we supported him to make a CHANGE we've all dreamt.. 

The evidence is also here on facebook,  when myself and many other supporters of Mr.  President stood firmly by him after 100days in office,  the article I wrote is still here on facebook for records.

Why do I start with this introduction?  So that many who felt they love PMB more than we do will know that we loved him more, we only love Nigeria much more... 

IF I WANT TO BE SELFISH.. 

If I ever want to be selfish,  I will never say anything about this Government because sincerely,  I'm not affected, as an hardworking young man,  I don't wait for any government, I take absolute responsibility for my life.. As a matter of fact, I've increased in material possessions with expansion of our company branches even when the said recession was at its peak. 

But I don't want to be selfish because I feel the pains of an average man, I see people losing their jobs,  I see hardship in people trying to provide shelter for their families because of the increase in prices of commodities, I see insecurity and restlessness in less privileged communities, and as a leader in my little way,  I know what's expected of a good leader. 

To those saying Buhari till they die,  can you mention personal achievements you've had under his administration? Will you say same if your relatives had been affected by the herdsmen's attack?  Can you say same if you've lost your job?  That's rhetoric though. 

To those who have said Amen to the prayer that I made,  when I said you should say Amen if you want God to handle your life the way the PMB has handled Nigeria,  this is practically what you've said Amen to,  the more reason I said I rebook the amen for all of us, I know it's in our different perspectives. 

1. DELAY: 

Delay has typified this Government from the first year in office.

Appointment of Ministers was delayed,  and eventually, some of them were square pegs in a round hole because,  even as at the time of their screening,  they had no idea what portfolio they will be operating,  the worst black market appointment in history.. Quite funny you go for an interview you have no idea the  job description!  What a drama!

This alone, contributes immensely to the fundamental failare of this administration. 

I'm sure we are all aware of of budget paddling and delay in budget presentation too... 

2. FAILED PROMISES : 

One of the things I hate to hear is that the mess created by the past administration is much,  this is quite the worst justification for failure. 

This mess had been identified before assumption of office, so,  reiterating/overflogging it is great evidence of cluelessness. The elders would say,  a problem identified is half solved. But in this case,  it's half multiplied ni o,  as that's what we get to hear every time... Shifting blames!! 

They promised $1=#1 and today,  we are still paying hugely for dollars more than ever. 

They promised expansion of power supply

They promised reduction In fuel price, but today,  we are buying fuel at almost double the price they met it.. #85  to #143/5.

3. SECURITY:

I watched an interview of Mr.  President before 2015 general elections,  he was asked about BokoHaram and he said what's BokoHaram,  that the government allowed them to grow wings. 

But today,  we don't just have BH,  Fulani herdsmen have joined,  they've killed more people in this Government than ever,  they've brought more attacks on people and communities than ever.. 

4. CORRUPTION :

Yes, this was one of the strongest reasons many of us voted PMB,  he's undoubtedly a man of integrity, we knew our greatest problem in this country is corruption,  and once it's wiped off,  we will  be able to move forward. 

But when Mr.  President started too,  we realized it was selective and political,  the most evident one being the removal of Obanikoro name for the big shot list of corruption after he joined APC,  despite the indiputabe evidences... 

Check Transparency Internal report about Nigeria too,  Nigeria dropped from 136th in 2016 to 148th position in 2017, out of 180 countries.. The best and least corrupt takes the first position.. So,  how has fight against corruption being effective? 

5. ECONOMIC HARDSHIP :

Many lost their jobs,  I've got friends who were victims and still struggling to balance up till today,  we are paying more for food stuffs and accommodation now than ever before, without accompanying salary increment to alleviate the suffering.. 

MY CONCLUSION :

1. This post understands the fact that we are all adults and have freedom of choice of candidate,  I can't tell you who to vote, I can only tell you to check your conscience deeply to see if PMB should be advised to continue against all odds. 

2. I acknowledge the fact that PMB has his achievements in his ways too,  but the achievements are insignificant compared to the magnitude of these few points enlisted.

Sadly,  the bitter truth is,  we may vote PMB again if there's no better alternative,  but most importantly,  I want this post to achieve one thing...

And that's OPEN MINDEDNESS.. 

Let's have a open mind to receieve  a reasonable alternative, closing our mind and being rigid about PMB as if he's the only living options is not too good for us.u. 

Till today,  I still love Mr.  President as a father,  but the truth is,  Baba is physically and intellectually unfit for the challenges on ground in this country... This is digital age,  not longer analogue.. Our fathers would say,  it's the dog of nowadays that could catch the rabbit of nowadays..  If you think I didn't put it right,  na you sabi o. 

God bless Nigeria

God bless You and I.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by ipobarecriminals: 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2018
wink cheesy cool embarassed undecided as thing are now,it is impossible to send him back to Daura Let support him make he finish his 2nd term and we can do the needful. Ko possible now
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by Premiumwriter: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2018
I don't know about everyone else but Sowore is my 2019 candidate

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by elriyaz(m): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
What you said is true bro thank you for the write up let those who blindly love him know what is on the ground!
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by semochendo1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2018
elriyaz:
What you said is true bro thank you for the write up let those who blindly love him know what is on the ground!

so sad..
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by JERRYDON005: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
U spoke well and you said it all a sane citizen knows failure of this government we should discuss who's capable so left to me i see SARAKI as the messiah
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by UncleJudax(m): 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2018
You didn't mention many things... especially subverting the rule of law and Subsidy scam

Buhari is so unfit to be the leader of any country.

Look the places he usually gets his 12 million votes...mostly alamagiri graduates, religious and tribal bigots.

Somebody with that kind of supporters na him you want make him perform?grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by semochendo1(m): 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
UncleJudax:
You didn't mention many things... especially subverting the rule of law and Subsidy scam

Buhari is so unfit to be the leader of any country.

Look the places he usually gets his 12 million votes...mostly alamagiri graduates, religious and tribal bigots.

Somebody with that kind of supporters na him you want make him perform?grin

Ahahahaha
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by Throwback: 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
The Buhari reelection is being kept alive by the kind of opposition we have challenging him.

The PDP that criticizes his regime both with merit and without merit, are a brand that is damaged with the electorate.

The manner of presidential aspirants that have come out in that PDP, are the same corrupt fat cats that have been at the helm of affairs at different tiers and arms of government since the start of this false democracy in 1999.

As long as PDP posses a possible return to the same power from which we sacked them after 16yrs of failure in security, infrastructure, education and healthcare delivery, then Buhari who has failed like them, would remain a potential winner of the election that boasts of failures as candidates.
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by Throwback: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2018
JERRYDON005:
U spoke well and you said it all a sane citizen knows failure of this government we should discuss who's capable so left to me i see SARAKI as the messiah

Saraki that already had a fraud case hanging on his neck since 1992 or thereabout?

You mean the same Saraki that hid overnight in the car park of the National Assembly like a burglar, so as to spring a surprise against his own party members by denying them of the opportunity to participate in the election of principal officers, knowing fully well that they would be at another location that he also ought to have been to resolve who his party was to support for the Senate Presidency?

A man who actually resolved that he would disenfranchise his own fellow party senators from voting in their very first legislative task, just so he could win the Senate Presidency, and hand over the deputy role to the opposition so he could have his own prize? What manner of human being is that fellow who has no honour?

The only job that kind of selfish, devious and cunning snake deserves is the role of a car park security man at a government office.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by StillX10(m): 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
Definitely Buhari has to go
Re: Why We Should Be Open Minded Enough To Replace PMB Come 2019 by semochendo1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
Throwback:

Saraki that already had a fraud case hanging on his neck since 1992 or thereabout?

You mean the same Saraki that hid overnight in the car park of the National Assembly like a burglar, so as to spring a surprise against his own party members by denying them of the opportunity to participate in the election of principal officers, knowing fully well that they would be at another location that he also ought to have been to resolve who his party was to support for the Senate Presidency?

A man who actually resolved that he would disenfranchise his own fellow party senators from voting in their very first legislative task, just so he could win the Senate Presidency, and hand over the deputy role to the opposition so he could have his own prize? What manner of human being is that fellow who has no honour?

The only job that kind of selfish, devious and cunning snake deserves is the role of a car park security man at a government office.

Your analysis is so deep and on point .

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki’s Affordable Housing: Emotan Gardens’ First Phase Of 86-Units Ready By.. / I Must Be Declared Winner - Adeleke Cries Out To INEC / BREAKING: PDP Kano Holds Guber Primary In Kwanwkwaso’s House [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.