Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project (6989 Views)

DIY: Project Management/Supervision Of Commercial Development [ogbomosho] / Your Architect And Builder,our Attached Building Designs May Be That Dream House / How To Criticise Your Architect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by diordaves(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am currently putting up a four flat storey building in warri and my architect who designed the building charged  an additional N300k for the supervision to decking level. Though there was some structural problems during the first phase( i.e to decking level), I must admit all went well. The decking should be completed in October after the rains. Now I need to renegotiate the fees from decking to roofing, how much do you guys think should be appropriate for the second phase; do I still need the architect or should I just rely on the site engineer or builder? Your experience and professional input will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by diordaves(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2010
the house is kind of silent on this, any one with same experience pls? where are the builders and architects?
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by ladijaiye(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2010
Hi,

If its a Qualify Site Engineers and to this level of your building development, Your Site Engineer should be able to read the Architect Drawings very well and continue with your development to finishing level, but don't pls rely on the builder alone, And make sure your site Engineer always around whenever they#re working on your site.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by diordaves(m): 5:56am On Jul 09, 2010
ladijaiye:

Hi,

If its a Qualify Site Engineers and to this level of your building development, Your Site Engineer should be able to read the Architect Drawings very well and continue with your development to finishing level, but don't pls rely on the builder alone, And make sure your site Engineer always around whenever they#re working on your site.

Thanks. But the problem is the few structural mistakes I experienced during the first phase was made by the Site Engineer when the architect was away. The Site Engineer went about setting blocks with total disregard to the support columns; walls weren't aligning with columns with the result that columns were standing independent of the walls. I had to decommission him. So my faith is kind of shaken with Site Engineers at the moment.
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2010
Architects design. Engineers build.
2 different jobs entirely.

"walls weren't aligning with columns with the result that columns were standing independent of the walls."

this is an error im sure your architect pointed out to you so you can fire your site engineer. whats the point of the blocks holding the pillars when the job isnt finished. there are several ways to cook a fish. maybe thats his construction style. the best thing is, are the columns strong? the decking wont sit on your blocks, they will sit on the columns. i think you need to carefully re-evaluate the real intention of both your architect and engineer.
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 09, 2010
@ poster

Dis does not call for long story or trend. Let the arc continue with the supervision.

Only an arc has the VISION (ability to see the end of the building), others are just a part of the MISSION. Just ensure u reach a comfortable compromise (bargain)

Cheers!
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by feel24: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2012
Let ur architect go on with the work ,but try to renegotiate on the price
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by Aventures(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2012
In a small project like this if you have a sound builder (be it civil/structural engineer,architect,Builder or even QS )who can read both architectural and structural drawing very well and also with good construction knowledge and eyes for detail, you dont need any other professional. But in this your case i guess your site engineer is not sound enough based on the mistakes he made previously it was obvious that he can not read structural draawing well or may be u dont even have one and the engineer was trying to use his own idea. I will advice you keep your Architect for further supervision. half of what he got previously is a good deal. cheers
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by Obidikejr(m): 10:20am On May 31, 2019
diordaves:
Hi Guys,

I am currently putting up a four flat storey building in warri and my architect who designed the building charged  an additional N300k for the supervision to decking level. Though there was some structural problems during the first phase( i.e to decking level), I must admit all went well. The decking should be completed in October after the rains. Now I need to renegotiate the fees from decking to roofing, how much do you guys think should be appropriate for the second phase; do I still need the architect or should I just rely on the site engineer or builder? Your experience and professional input will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Why would you have an architect supervise your project? Every professional plays a role in the built industry. The architect designs for aesthetics, the engineer designs for safety, the builder brings the design to reality. Stop all this things you guys are doing in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by Adegunle4(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2019
My brother, nothing stops an architect from supervising your building project so long it doesn't exceed some certain number of floors. The charge should be considerably lesser since you have achieved your floor slab because you have lesser concrete works.. Say BTW 60-75% of what you paid earlier.
Re: How Much Would You Pay Your Architect For The Supervision Of A Four Flat Project by EfebomoAkp(m): 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2020
@obidikejr there is nothing wrong with hiring the Architect after design to supervise a project,as it is solely because of his design the client has agreed to erect such structure so its very OK for the Architect to be on ground so the desired outcome is achieved thank you

(1) (Reply)

Contemporary 5 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design / FOR SALE Pay/Pack In 5bedroom fully detached Duplex@ Gbagada Ifako,An Estate 47m / Tiled road Fenced Gracias Estate,800k(3mths inst) in Ibeju-Lekki-full details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.