Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

The Science Of Understanding People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Science Of Understanding People (464 Views)

The Science Behind Why People Lie And How It Affects Relationships / ‘‘A Lack Of Understanding This Truth Is Why Marriage Is Not Working For People” / The Science Of Patience: How To Become More Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Science Of Understanding People by enasgreat: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
When we talk about psychology, what comes to our mind is : the science of human thinking...

We know about the meaning and never about it application. This is one of the reasons why suicide is rampant today. With no one to talk to and no where to go to.

The rate at which people suffer for depression these days is alarming. We see it everywhere. On the papers, it's either a student or a young married man. On Nairaland, it's either a student or a married fellow. On our street, it's everybody's way of getting out of mess these days. A quickie, just hang yourself or drink sniper.

We can not continue to shy away from the truth any longer. We know people are suffering mentally. It is the result of this backwardness that is motivating the few bolded ones to go into diabolic means to achieve a few dough. Young boys are now so proud of the term "Yahoo boy". I remember when i asked a pupil what he would want to become and he answered and said" A yahoo Boy". I was disappointed. These youngsters have been taught the principle of picking manna without working for it. They have been deceived that there is dignity in riding a Benz even if they steal it.

Mental depression is real and spreading. It is the latest malaria of Nigeria. I remember when a very handsome gentleman, a graduate of Economics started gambling and smoking herbs. He was a nice God fearing fellow but the slap was just too much for him and he defected to the other side. Trying to suppressed his depression through drugs, playing gamble with the hope of making it over night.

Nigeria youths need help. I went through my sisters Facebook recently and what i saw surely confirmed this. About 130 messages from guys begging her to pay attention to them. Some of the chat got me rolling on the ground. Young men seeking for sex chat and calling a little girl " mummy" because they are starved emotionally(this is a global mess).

Am not trying to prove that am 100% perfect. Maybe i am, maybe i am not. I just want this plaque addressed. Please let work towards something .

I want to use through this means to create a group. A counselling session where psychological issues will addressed.

The group is already in progress on WhatsApp. I have people talking their issues over but i still feel the need for a larger scope...

Let's unite and help one another.

PUO.

Note: Written but not dictated( grammatical and typing error inevitable).

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Understanding People by DaniDani(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
Your idea is a good one if your intentions are clean. Create the group and share the link here.

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Understanding People by FlutterDollar99(m): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
Awesome and intellectual

1 Like

Re: The Science Of Understanding People by Ahdunns(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2019
How do i get added to this group
Re: The Science Of Understanding People by Emekaossai(m): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
How do I get added. OK
Re: The Science Of Understanding People by Emekaossai(m): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
How do I get added.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Help! I Need A Job. / Three Lessons To Learn From The Story Of ‘ananias And Sapphira’ To Improve Your / Live Kidney Donor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.