Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Raw Egg And Milk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Raw Egg And Milk (60334 Views)

Nigeria's First 'Frozen Egg' Baby / The Electric Shock And Milk Myth / Fish And Milk Myths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raw Egg And Milk by jesuseun1(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2007
any doctor in the house,i need ur candid advise on taking raw egg and evaported milk.how is healthy to the body.I am a little bit slim,can i be taking it to add to my weight.i need ur advise.

1 Like

Re: Raw Egg And Milk by tunmininu(f): 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2007
Eat more of junk foods,sleep very well,eat.that should make a difference.

3 Likes

Re: Raw Egg And Milk by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 05, 2007
Raw egg improves your voice.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by hannydarl(f): 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2007
Raw eggs are useless to the body as they contain a chemical that hinders protien from been absorbed by the body this chemical can only be destroyed by heat so i advise you eat your eggs half cooked or hard boiled since you want to creat fat and drink your milk there is no use to take the egg raw if you want it for nutritional purpose.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by Rlst84sale(m): 1:26am On Apr 09, 2007
I'm not a doctor. Please stay away from eggs and animal product as much as possible. If u must eat it, eat fresh leafy green vegetables at least 30 minutes before u eat cooked egg or meats foods. Those vegetables have the enzymes and nutrients that willhelp your body to digest the egg/the meat better than if you would ordinarily eat them. Let your diet of egg/meat be very very minimal. Stay away from cow milk. It's not healthy for u at all. Go to WWW.Hacres.com you will get good information about diets and health that will really help you and your loved ones. God bless.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by kebab(f): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2007
i wonder what d combination of the two would taste like! its not really bad anyway but u just have to watch d quantity and frequency u take both.

also, raw eggs are not useless. like hannydarl says, u actually need to add a little hot water to raw egg to destroy a chemical compound called avidin. This avidin is found in the egg white. biotin is found in the egg yolk. biotin is a form of vitamin b. when the egg white and egg yolk are mixed together, the avidin binds with the biotin and makes it unavailable as a nutrient. the remedy would be to either eat your eggs boiled or fry them poached since there wouldnt be any mixing involved. but if you want an omellette, or you want to take the egg raw, then u have to add a little hot water. it effectively destroys the avidin.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by hannydarl(f): 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2007
@kebab

If you notice i said avidin is destroyed by heat and that she should eat the egg half boiled i still state that raw egg(egg that no form of heat has been applied to)fresh from bird to stomach is not useful to the body you know very well that avidin does not allow the body to absorb protien found in the egg besides with the posibility of the egg carrying some bacteria it is advisible to heat the egg before eating be it adding hot water,frying,poaching,boiling hard or half you are repeating what i said i wonder why the arguement then.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by ikamefa(f): 12:34am On Apr 14, 2007
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! yuck!  @ combination  angry

1 Share

Re: Raw Egg And Milk by Rlst84sale(m): 12:37am On Apr 14, 2007
If you guys so much bent on consuming protein as you are pointing out the goodies in it, why not go and research the effect of aftermath and properly advise us?. Besides no one answers my question on how much meats/eggs do animals like zebra, buffalo, elephants, horses eat that they develop such strong muscles?. That right there should convince you that we don't have to have animal/poultry protein to maintain proper health. If you must eat it however, you really don't need more than 4 ounces per day.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by hannydarl(f): 12:57am On Apr 14, 2007
@RLst84sale
we are not talking specificaly to you someone asked roe advise concerning raw egg and milk our references here are directed to her and all others who are not against eating animal produts.You have the right to ignore the topic or advise her on other sources of getting foods rich in fat or carbonhydrate to make her add weight.I am not against vegeterian diet and you shouldnt interfere with the desire for non vegetarians to eat what they want as long as its not poison.Its only left for each individual to pick the best and safest food to get good nutrition and maintain a healthy life.Let milk lovers drink milk, meat lovers eat meat and vegetable lovers eat vegitables as long as the food is eaten in good proportion and prepared for safe eating i see no wrong in eating animal products or the animals themselves.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by kebab(f): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2007
hannydarl, i wasnt entirely contradicting your post. i only gave an opinion on d uselessness or otherwise of raw eggs. and where i made a reference to ur post, i was only giving additional info!

notice my post: like hannydarl says, u actually need to add a little hot water to raw egg to destroy a chemical compound called avidin.

by the way, eggs do not necessarily contain bacteria unless the egg is spoilt or rotten. of which, the evidence of an egg being spoilt or rotten is visible once it has been broken because it will give a foul smell and u'd notice discoloration. the integrity of d egg yolk will also be cmpromised, and will be watery.

so whatever method u want to prepare and consume ur eggs, just watch out for those signs of spoilage.u also have to watch out for the signs of spoilage.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by iice(f): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2007
Must the egg be half cooked? Can't it be cooked cooked? so combining it with milk helps one to add weight?
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by kebab(f): 10:45am On Apr 14, 2007
u can take ur eggs using any kind of cooking method so long as it doesnt irritate u. i do not eat fried eggs because it irritates me but i love boiled eggs.

but take into account that if you are using any other method of preparation other than boiling,u need to add a little hot water to egg before beating it or mixing it so as to destroy the avidin in it. in doubespeak, add the hot water before mixing the egg!

egg is a good source of protein and contains all the essentail amino acids and thats why we are actually advised by some people to take ONE egg per day.

milk is another source of protein containing other nutrients.

just watch ur intake of it and choose from the low fat choices.

also remember that our daily diets should include foods from the following food groups.

1. bread/cereals/pasta group

2. meat/ fish / poultry group

3. fats/ oils group

4. vegetables / legumes group

5. fruits group

6. milk/ yoghurt / cheese group

its important to watch intake of the foods we eat cus any food can actually be fattening if it is taken in more quantities than the body needs.

1 Like

Re: Raw Egg And Milk by kebab(f): 10:49am On Apr 14, 2007
find attached the food guide pyramid. it is just a general food guideline and it is not a rigid prescription but everybody can use of it to make personal and healthy food choices to suit their needs.

the food guide pyramid is an outline of the types of food that you should be eating as part of your daily food intake.

it is built like a triangle, with a large base at the bottom and a thin area at the top.

it is also divided into sections. the six food groups are represented in the sections of the pyramid.

the size of each section of the pyramid is relative to the quantity of each food category that it represents and that should be consumed daily.

1 Like

Re: Raw Egg And Milk by iice(f): 10:58am On Apr 14, 2007
Interesting, thanks
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by kebab(f): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2007
@JESU-SEUN,

if u want to add weight, then u need a more holistic approach than just taking raw egg and milk.

it may not be really necessary or advisable for u to gain weight if you weight is in the normal range in relation to ur height. there is a simple calculation called BMI which can help u make a choice on if u need to gain weight or maintain ur current weight.

beleive me, it is easier to gain the weight than to lose it so be careful.

another thing u can do is check your body mass index, bmi. if u check the health board, u will see the post. there is an explanation on how to calculate it by urself. if u cant, i will be happy to calculate it for u. just reply wit ur weight and height.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by Rlst84sale(m): 1:37am On Apr 15, 2007
@Jesu Seun

I don't know why you want to gain weight when people are paying a lot of money to lose weight here in America. Another thing you should consider is that an additional 10 to 20 pounds of added weight can trigger your pancreas to produce more insulin into your blood (which is one of the starting stages for diabetes), because your body produces insulin in proportion to your body size. It is a different case if you add muscle in proportion to your height. If it is fat weight gain, it is somehow risky be careful with it. By the way if you don't mind what is your current height and weight?.
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by IBBFan(m): 10:57am On Apr 19, 2007
@kebab
i must confess that i'm highly impressed with your posts. permit me to ask 2 questions in one line; are you a married doctor? smiley

however, i'm not too sure of my weight (between 45-55) cos it's been quite long since i checked but i'm 5'6. i too would also like to add a little weight (not cos i want to get fat), but just to get my body toned with my morning exercises and body stretches.

hope you can do the needful and get back to me?! thanks! cool

1 Like

Re: Raw Egg And Milk by tjajero(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2013
Please in what way and in what quantity am I supposed to take raw eggs it I want to have a good voice
Re: Raw Egg And Milk by tuniphlex1: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Boy With Giant Hand Found Begging On Lagos Street (Graphic Photos) / Interesting Things That Happen When You Sleep / Can Beecham Ampiclox Help Combat Against Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.