Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,558 members, 7,830,692 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final (935 Views)

Flying Eagles Beat Ghana 2 - 0 In U20 AFCON Qualifying Tournament / Divine Oduduru Drops Out Of Texas Tech University In Final Year / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: Brazil 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by baylrc4real(m): 1:09am On Sep 16, 2018
The Golden Eaglets of Nigeria beat the Black Starlets of Ghana 3-1 on penalties in the final of the 2018 WAFU Zone B U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers played on Saturday, September 15.
The Golden Eaglets beat host Niger Republic 2-1 in the semifinal while Ghana who defeated Cote D' Ivoire in the other fixture to set up a final between the west African rivals.
Golden Eaglets vs Ghana

The Golden Eaglets were forced to begin the opening minutes of the first half trying not to concede at the Ghanians attacked and were rewarded with two corner kicks.

Akinwumi Amoo and Olakunle Olusegun the chief tormentors for the Golden Eaglets and almost combined to give Nigeria the lead before the end of the first half.
After a very close first half, Manu Garba's side started the second half on the front foot, however it was the Black Starlets that broke the deadlock in the 54th minute.

The Golden Eaglets responded almost immediately as Amoo scored the equaliser after some fine play in midfield.
Golden Eaglets vs Ghana penalties

The Golden Eaglets tried to get a late winner but were unable to as the Ghanaians held on for a penalty shootout according to the rules of the tournament.

David Ishaya scored Nigeria's first penalty as Ghana hit the cross bar.

Captain Samson Tijani scored the second for Nigeria as Ghana also converted

Star player Amoo missed for the Golden Eaglets but Ghana's Agyapong also could not covert.

Muhammad Ibrahim scored for Nigeria as Issaaku missed for Ghana which crowned the Golden Eaglets champions.

By defeating the Black Starlets in the final of the WAFU Zone B, the Golden Eaglets get ticket to represent he zone at the 2019 U-17 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) scheduled to hold in Tanzania.

Re: Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by zinnydan(f): 1:20am On Sep 16, 2018
Congrats to the golden eaglets
Re: Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 16, 2018
zinnydan:
Congrats to the golden eaglets
My future baby mama how far nah I never knew u still love sport ooh I we buy you sport paper drop control wink
Re: Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by zinnydan(f): 7:28am On Sep 16, 2018
Jesse25:

My future baby mama how far nah I never knew u still love sport ooh I we buy you sport paper drop control wink
lol
Re: Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by Kronor(m): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2018
Congrate
Re: Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 16, 2018
zinnydan:
lol

Baby ur number
Re: Golden Eaglets Beat Ghana 3-1 On Penalties In Final by Mustack: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
Video or link to highlights

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Believes Real Madrid Are Behind The Plot To Bring Him Down (reports) / Barcelona Are Officially The Champions Of Spain!!!!! / Club Brugge Vs Man Utd: Solskjaer Hails Ighalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.