Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected (2777 Views)

2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy / NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by lawnreigh(m): 10:59am On Sep 16, 2018
Ambode's Second Term
Gov being asked to sign 3 conditions that will render him useless for the next 4 years - Report
Chika Ebuzor | 2018-09-15 13:59:37.0 | 2018-09-15 13:59:37.0
According to sources, APC leaders in Lagos have sealed the Governor’s fate ahead of the party's primaries.
There are reports that Lagos Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode is being asked to sign some conditions that might render him useless if he wants to run for a second term.
According to sources who spoke to Tribune, leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos have sealed the Governor’s fate ahead of the party's primaries, following his perceived aloofness and lack of proper communication with members at the local level.

One of them reportedly said “As things stand now, if he [Ambode] goes ahead for the primary, he will lose. And if he goes to another party to contest the coming election, his impeachment will be activated. That is the stage everything is now.”

Tribune also reports that the Lagos state chapter of the APC has adopted the direct primaries system as decreed by the party’s national leader, Bola Tinubu, a move observers say is aimed at humiliating Ambode.

LG chairmen dump Ambode
Another challenge facing Ambode’s second term agenda is the general believe in party circles that the Lagos Governor does not regard the party structure in the grassroots.

Reports earlier in the week said that over 50 local government chairmen in Lagos pitched their tent with the Governor’s opponent in the governorship race, Jide Sanwo-Olu.

Political intrigues
Sanwo-Olu is said to be the anointed candidate of the APC national leader, but insiders say his main pillar is Tinubu’s wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Tribune reveals.

Also, another contender for the Lagos governorship seat, Femi Hamzat, is a protégé of former Governor and current Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola.

Hamzat seems to be the Lagos Gov's nemesis this time, considering the fact that the Osun state Governor, Rauf Aregbesola who worked against Fashola to help install Ambode, is now one of his backers.

Also, some serving commissioners in Lagos state have also shifted their allegiance to Sanwo-Olu, who still works as the Managing Director, Lagos State Development Property Corporation (LSDPC), a job which Ambode reportedly got him.

Stop eating his food
A source close to the Lagos state Governor’s team who spoke to Tribune on the loyalty of the serving commissioners said “How can people be so heartless, without conscience? How do they (defecting commissioners) get to look him (Governor Ambode) in the face despite the fact that they know he knows where they stand now? Our people are funny. It is because of Asiwaju they are behaving so arrogantly.

“How can you be fighting a man and be eating his food? If you no longer believe in his leadership, quitting is the most honourable thing to do. It happened in Osun. [Moshood] Adeoti [Action Democratic Party (ADP) governorship candidate] left Aregbesola’s cabinet to face his governorship project. Here (Lagos cabinet), they are saying the governor cannot touch them because their removal will exacerbate his crisis. Can you imagine the so-called progressives we say we are?”

The 3 conditions
According to Tribune, sources who have been involved in the negotiations say Governor Ambode has been given some conditions which he must agree to, if he wants to run for a second term.

1. Ambode is expected to sign an undated resignation letter: The Lagos state Governor is being asked to sign an undated resignation letter which he will submit to the APC leadership.

This will be used to boot him out if he begins to misbehave.

2. Ambode will not be involved in the nomination process of all the candidates for the House of Assembly: The move is aimed at ensuring that his impeachment will scale through easily if he rejects the resignation letter.

3. To further tighten their noose on the Governor, and also protect their interests, the third condition stipulates that he will always consult APC national leader, Bola Tinubu, and get his approval, whenever he wants to carry out any major project in Lagos state.

ALSO READ: 7 Things to know about Sanwo-Olu, who could become Lagos Gov

Reacting to the conditions, one of the sources said “Who does this? Why are they trying to disrespect this man (Ambode)? Is the governor a good leader? I tell you, he isn’t. I have told you some of the things he did personally to me. But he should be allowed to complete his eight years so as not to set a bad precedent. At least, nobody has accused him of not delivering on projects. I agree he has not done well with party leaders and members. The governor himself is surprised I could be sympathetic to his cause.

“All I ask is that we don’t set a bad precedent because you don’t know who will be caught in it tomorrow. It is Akin (Ambode) today. It can be anybody tomorrow. How can you think of making a full-grown man a lame duck for four years? Isn’t that wickedness?”

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has however said that there is no rift between him and his mentor, Bola Tinubu.
Source
https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/gov-ambode-is-being-forced-to-sign-3-frustrating-conditions-id8858415.html[s][/s]
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Yambee: 11:03am On Sep 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by dheilaw1(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2018
this is serious.. I think Ambode has bitten more than he could chew. He got it wrong thinking his performance could win him over his second term without the blessings of Tinubu... This (Tinubu) is a man Obasanjo couldn't defeat with his federal might. Go against tinubu in Lagos and silently finish your career. The Jagaban of the universe

1 Like

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by OfficialAPCNig: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2018
dheilaw1:
this is serious.. I think Ambode has bitten more than he could chew. He got it wrong thinking his performance could win him over his second term without the blessings of Tinubu... This (Tinubu) is a man Obasanjo couldn't defeat with his federal might. Go against tinubu in Lagos and silently finish your career. The Jagaban of the universe allah of yoruba moslems
Fixed!!!

13 Likes

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by seunmsg(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2018
He brought this upon himself so he should go ahead and sign the agreement. That is the only way to allow a disloyal person like him continue in power. Tinubu's political family would be very stupid to allow Ambode get an easy second term without putting in place stringent measures to mess him up if he starts behaving funny after the election.

His experience will teach others like him not to move against the system that threw them up. Ambode was an ordinary civil servant when Tinubu met him. Asiwaju took interest in him and in a matter of years, he rode on his shoulders to become the governor of the most popular state in Nigeria. Sadly, he stupidly attempted to destroy the same structure that brought him to power and more stupidly, he failed. In this life, never start a war you ain't sure of winning.

5 Likes

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by okomile(f): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2018
He was watched and will be nailed if this story is true.

He should leave honourably. Black man with black sense no dey gree komot for power.

Make we dey look grin

1 Like

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by BERNIMOORE: 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2018
Shio oor!
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by iluvdonjazzy: 12:35pm On Sep 16, 2018
nonsense politicians
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by chriskosherbal(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
okomile:
He was watched and will be nailed if this story is true.

He should leave honourably. Black man with black sense no dey gree komot for power.

Make we dey look grin
grin cheesy

Politicians and power are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
seunmsg:
He brought this upon himself so he should go ahead and sign the agreement. That is the only way to allow a disloyal person like him continue in power. Tinubu's political family would be very stupid to allow Ambode get an easy second term without putting in place stringent measures to mess him up if he starts behaving funny after the election.

His experience will teach others like him not to move against the system that threw them up. Ambode was an ordinary civil servant when Tinubu met him. Asiwaju took interest in him and in a matter of years, he rode on his shoulders to become the governor of the most popular state in Nigeria. Sadly, he stupidly attempted to destroy the same structure that brought him to power and more stupidly, he failed. In this life, never start a war you ain't sure of winning.

I really feel amazed at this arrant displayed of unintelligence from you people. I hate sounding tribal but your continous regard of Tinubu as a demi god is so stupid. Why exactly is what I don't know. The other time, someone was celebrating that Remi Tinubu has approved Ambode second term. So despite Ambode's good works, he will lose except a fraud like Tinubu approves it?

Tinubu time as the Governor of Lagos state was characterized with mass looting, thuggery and all manner of bad governance.

Fashola came to power, cleaned Lagos and set a pace of excellence which Ambode had continued. But the praises always go to Tinubu in the name of producing good leaders. Chai. Was it not Tinubu that produced Aregbesola who is owing months in salary? Which other south western states is performing so excellently where Tinubu has produced so called leaders? What of Buhari?

Fashola with all his good works cannot dictate what should happen in Lagos. You all align with a fraudulent man who is only concerned about his interest and his family's interest in the name of loyalty. Where then is your education? You call a leader. Has he bailed out any state owing salary with his enormous wealth in Yoruba land. Has he ever insisted or fought any governor owing salary or any governor implementing anti people policy? He only come around to take pride. With his wealth, how many Yoruba people has he offered scholarships? How many life changing program has he initiated for all the many touts around Lagos state with his money? Apart from sharing money they all finish once they get home?

If this is what you guys calls sophistication, then that word should be redefined.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Firefire(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
[s]
seunmsg:

[/s]

Nonsensical nonsense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Firefire(m): 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
I wonder how some APC Online terrorists called zombies reason.

Slave mentality!

4 Likes

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by deboysben(m): 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
Who's ambode

Tinubu legend of godfatherism

Ambode should learn not to go against his master cos without him he's nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by AllahSWT: 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2018
dheilaw1:
this is serious.. I think Ambode has bitten more than he could chew. He got it wrong thinking his performance could win him over his second term without the blessings of Tinubu... This (Tinubu) is a man Obasanjo couldn't defeat with his federal might. Go against tinubu in Lagos and silently finish your career. The Jagaban of the universe
chaii who did this to yeroba Muslims

Honestly igbos are the best independent tribe in Nigeria

Imagine one man pocketing the destiny of a whole region and tribe

Tinubu with Oshiomole will destroy apc

no wonder they wanted oyegun out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by AllahSWT: 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
seunmsg:

chaii these are the so called progressives

i repeat there can never be a sane apc supporter

yeroba Muslims sha
not suprised

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by AllahSWT: 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
the major problem of yerobas are yeroba Muslims

they're the ones dragging this great tribe backward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by ollyruffy: 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
All these is just because one man, Tinubu wants to control all the resources of a state. Anyways, they are all fighting for their selfish interest, including Ambode. The fight is not for the betterment of Lagosians. It is only the people of Lagos state who can save this situation by booting out Ambode and APC out of Lagos by the next general election.
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Bizibi(m): 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

I really feel amazed at this arrant displayed of unintelligence from you people. I hate sounding tribal but your continous regard of Tinubu as a demi god is so stupid. Why exactly is what I don't know. The other time, someone was celebrating that Remi Tinubu has approved Ambode second term. So despite Ambode's good works, he will lose except a fraud like Tinubu approves it?

Tinubu time as the Governor of Lagos state was characterized with mass looting, thuggery and all manner of bad governance.

Fashola came to power, cleaned Lagos and set a pace of excellence which Ambode had continued. But the praises always go to Tinubu in the name of producing good leaders. Chai. Was it not Tinubu that produced Aregbesola who is owing months in salary? Which other south western states is performing so excellently where Tinubu has produced so called leaders? What of Buhari?

Fashola with all his good works cannot dictate what should happen in Lagos. You all align with a fraudulent man who is only concerned about his interest and his family's interest in the name of loyalty. Where then is your education? You call a leader. Has he bailed out any state owing salary with his enormous wealth in Yoruba land. Has he ever insisted or fought any governor owing salary or any governor implementing anti people policy? He only come around to take pride.

If this is what you guys calls sophistication, then that word should be redefined.
what irritates me the most is giving credit to tinubu even when fashola did very well in both first and second term.....some people are saying tinubu did very well in Lagos when we all know how badly he performed during his time and using the excuse of the federal government didnt give me allocation.

4 Likes

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Sirjamo: 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
AllahSWT:

Your Compressed head is paining you
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
Bizibi:
what irritates me the most is giving credit to tinubu even if fashola did very well in both first and second term.....some people are saying tinubu did very well in Lagos when we all know how badly he performed during his time and using the excuse of the federal government didnt give me allocation.

Is unfortunate my brother. This man has just been as greedy as the likes of Tony Anenih them. But most Yorubas erroneously celebrate him relegating those that did right works. They believed because he produced them, he deserves more praises than the good people he produced. And how he produced them is what I don't understand. Obaseki is already fighting Oshomole, was Oshomole not his precedessor?

What a reverse thinking?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Sirjamo: 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
AllahSWT:

Cownu had brain washed you before the sound of Fulani guns sent him to Burundi where he's hiding like a common criminal
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by dheilaw1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2018
AllahSWT:
chaii who did this to yeroba Muslims

Honestly igbos are the best independent tribe in Nigeria

Imagine one man pocketing the destiny of a whole region and tribe

Tinubu with Oshiomole will destroy apc

no wonder they wanted oyegun out
kill yasef
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Bizibi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

Is unfortunate my brother. This man has just been as greedy as the likes of Tony Anenih them. But most Yorubas erroneously celebrate him relegating those that did right works. They believed because he produced them, he deserves more praises than the good people he produced. And how he produced them is what I don't understand. Obaseki is already fighting Oshomole, was Oshomole not his precedessor?

What a reverse thinking?
honestly it baffles me,tinubu is crossing the line infact he is going too far with his ambition and the Yoruba's are giving him enough room for impunity.
Kingmakers are in every country in the world but most of them know their limit.

3 Likes

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by goldfish80(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
It's normal in the Nigerian political space to sign an undated resignation letter before assuming a political office.
It's an open secrete really.
If you know, you know.
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by olaak15(m): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
dheilaw1:

So bros your mumu still continue : grin grin grin
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by sholatech(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2018
Laws of Power in Lagos State. Never outshine your master even if you are a performer!
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by booblacain(m): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2018
I hope these quarrels turn out good for Lagosians eventually, no matter who wins.

click me for used dell laptop
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Babacele: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2018
deboysben:
Who's ambode

Tinubu legend of godfatherism

Ambode should learn not to go against his master cos without him he's nobody.
people who don't understand Lagos politics are making a huge mistake by calling Tinubu. Ambode is repeating the same mistake Fashola made in his first term immediately he came in 2007. He started speaking spanish to the chagrin of the folks that voted him in. Tinubu had to lecture him on why the 'illiterate' political gatekeepers had to be given contracts but monitored to ensure they are executed. Talking about a lady you had professed to sponsoring you to the university only for you to come back and say she is no longer fit for your new status! Ambode is lucky Oba Akiolu has begged for him. politics means the people. simple.

1 Like

Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ambode should not accept this insult, else he'll be a lame duck and still lose out.
He should shake tables, HABA!

He should urgently fire all disloyal Commissioners, approve budget of massive spendings on projects with his loyal Commissioners.
Decamp to the PDP should the need arise, he already got the masses to his side.
And damn it if he loses in his battle to save Lagos from tinubu.
Ambode is the f**king Governor for F**k sake
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by Yorubaskullmine: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Fixed!!!
hahahahahaha
Re: Re Election: Ambode Told Sign 3 Conditions That Will Frustrate Him If Re-elected by fykes(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
This ambode of a man seems to be so aloof he has no cronies or governor friends.
One of the laws of power says : Never outshone your master.
But lemme suggest those to befriend and outdo tinubu:
1. Ibori
2. Ali sheriff
3. Ibb
4. Obj
5. T. A orji
If he can cut a deal with these men or any 3 of them and bring them on his side, even tinubu will runaway from Lagos.
These men maybe higher devils than what he faces in Lagos though

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Embassy In Shangai, China Still Show Jonathan As The President / COVID-19 Relief Items Given To 72 Flats In My Estate / Hon. Nicholas Ukachukwu Buries His Wife Mrs Nnena(photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.