Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is There A Scientifical Explanation For Someone Strucked By Lightening - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Scientifical Explanation For Someone Strucked By Lightening (387 Views)

A Man Strucked Dead By Lightening / Woman Shocked To Discover Two Long Needles Strucked In Her Skull / Lightening Kills Three Ogun FRSC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Scientifical Explanation For Someone Strucked By Lightening by PraisePiano: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ok so I would be straight forward on this
It rained around where I live today and I was suppose to visit a friend so I got drenched and by the time I got there he was also drenched too coming out to pick me from the street gate.

As we exchanged pleasantries while walking in there was a loud bang of thunder and lightening and we both felt like an eletric shock in our body and the bang hitted his hand like a gunshot...while he was holding the door handle...we became so terrified tho there was no casualties. And I thank God for that we are fine and good. But now I’m terrified because I haven’t experienced nor see such my entire life please what could be the cause of this and is there a scientifical way of explaining this?
Please mods move this to FP I beg of you thank you!!
Re: Is There A Scientifical Explanation For Someone Strucked By Lightening by chibjohn(m): 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
You people were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Lightening is simply electrostatic discharge during thunderstorm formed by colliding positive and negative charged particles in the atmosphere. When it occurs, the charges travels and is discharged to the earth. If you get caught up on the part of its travel to the earth, then you will be electrocuted which I guess was what happened to you. The voltage developed can be in thousands and so very dangerous. You are lucky to be alive to write this narration. I guess it's a minor fragment of the strike that you people were caught up with.
Re: Is There A Scientifical Explanation For Someone Strucked By Lightening by PraisePiano: 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
chibjohn:
You people were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Lightening is simply electrostatic discharge during thunderstorm formed by colliding positive and negative charged particles in the atmosphere. When it occurs, the charges travels and is discharged to the earth. If you get caught up on the part of its travel to the earth, then you will be electrocuted which I guess was what happened to you. The voltage developed can be in thousands and so very dangerous. You are lucky to be alive to write this narration. I guess it's a minor fragment of the strike that you people were caught up with.
thanks bro I’m grateful to God

(1) (Reply)

Don't Overstress Yourself! My Laptop, My Health And My Story [photo] / 10 Signs You're Not Having Enough Rest / AMUKOKO LOST ANOTHER YOUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.