Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,555 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Heart Ache... - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Heart Ache... (467 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heart Ache... by REDInks(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2018
©This work is purely a nonfictional representation of my past, any motion to replicate or publish must first be granted permission by me.
Re: Heart Ache... by REDInks(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
Jab we met, when my eyes were close to the fact that falling in love was a dream I wish to behold, I left the shores of being friends only to sail on the waters of love.
She was my dream come true, a perfect definition of what a girlfriend should look like, she was the one who would finally rescue me from the tempest of profane thoughts and put me on board. Call me captain, and give me charge of her heart, The voyage was mine.
I met her like an impromptu test you never read for, she was an emergency to my heartbreak, a full stop to the past sentences of pain.

She became the number one thought that crossed my mind, the more I try not to think about her, the more vivid she remained in my thought.
I missed her like every second I could not count, I had to minute every hour spent without her beautiful face. She became my stopwatch, I could not stop to watch her go without a kiss on my lips.

I still felt my love story would last forever, we had made promises to stand by each other, to remain in love and not just the mere touch or feelings we missed could break us apart, we vowed to be the examples on the topic of love stories but we instead, became a failed class exercise.

The distances could not patch those small phone calls spent saying “I love you”, “I missed you” could not measure up for memories posted without each other but with our closest bothers hanging onto us. We apologised for picking the sensitive parts of our feelings, but we could not feel in the pain we endured apart, I thought we would say “I do” but instead I got a call that said;

Hello, I know you love me so much and I do too, but in the last few months while you were serving in Calabar. I met a guy in Engineering, he reminded me of you so much. The way he talks, the way he smiles, the way he looks at me... I am sorry, I have fallen out of your warm gaze into his warm embrace. I know you still do love me and you want me to be happy, so I think we should end this, seeing you twice in two months is not enough. I feel we should move on, we have created the perfect past, let's define another beautiful future...

I dropped the call, but picked up my jotter. I went back to my phone and scrolled through the memories we created , truly it was flawless and perfect in our eyes till I left school.
My heart could not slow my beats, it was constantly fast, releasing adrenaline more glucose, more energy. Because deep inside, I was drowning in my own thoughts. I never meant this the the wrong way, so why is the thought of everything going so right seem to be left in chaos. I waited for her call, one hour, two, three days, four weeks. It never came, all that followed was silence, more silence, I was a fool who never listened. My friends told me she would break my heart, that I am falling too hard, but who would not to a daughter of Aphrodite.
My sweet words all turned bitter in my mouth, my own words have now come back to hunt me. I was basking in the euphoria of what Love was, but heart break does actually exist.
I am now a man meant to pen down his thoughts for all young boys to read and learn from, Love is a beautiful thing.
But as my friends warned , she would break you. Can you make it in five years after school and put the ring on her finger.
I am now meant to remain a lone ranger because I had exhausted all I had in my heart's account on sheila.
Like Nf said, if you want love, you gonna have to go through the pain.
Even Nice guys still feel Payne.......

Re: Heart Ache... by Amanyanabo(m): 4:27am On Sep 29, 2018
Nice one. Love is smting else. Even d strongest of men would it hard to subdue the feeling

(1) (Reply)

Mama / The Lust Island - Part 1 / Happy Amberacious Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.