Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,035 members, 7,810,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki (281 Views)

Wike: Consultations With Atiku, Tinubu, OBJ, Obi Are In Nigeria’s Interest / Stability Of Chad In Nigeria’s Interest - President Buhari / Nigeria's Interest In Tinubu's Money Laundering Dwarfs Elon Musk - Plainsite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by Limitednow: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2018
Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s Senate President, has dismissed insinuations in some quarters that he has always placed his personal interests ahead those of the country.

Mr Saraki, made the remarks on Sunday in Minna, the Niger State capital. when he met with the members of the state’s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The top lawmaker who is one of the presidential aspirants of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has been touring parts of the country to solicit for their support in order to actualize his presidential ambition.

Since his emergence as the President of the 8th Senate against the wish of his former party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) while he was still in its fold, Saraki has always been accused of protecting his personal interests above those of the country.

“One thing is clear, I will not sacrifice the interest of the country for my personal interest, and, in the last three years, as senate president, I have demonstrated that my interest is second to that of national interest,” Saraki said while addressing his audience.

Even before he returned to the PDP from the APC, several attempt to oust him from office have often met brick walls. On returning to the opposition party, the ruling party urged him to relinquish his position at the red chamber.

He has refused to heed the advise and has maintained that only those who elected him to lead the National Assembly could oust him.

Saraki addressing the members of the PDP described as unnecessary, calls for the senate to reconvene from its annual recess.

“We did not adjourn the senate in the dark; there was a procedure where, at the end of the session, there was a vote and it was seconded that we should go on annual recess.

“So, it wasn’t anything done in the secret; everybody was there. It is not that some few people met somewhere and took the decision.

“Everybody participated and everybody took the decision that we should adjourn for a normal, annual recess.

“The date that we agreed to resume was the same date we resumed last year and the year before, so, there is nothing abnormal about the senate adjournment.”

Saraki pointed out that all he wants for the country is a country rooted in the rule of law and a democratic process.

“I am happy that even they that started making the noise have now agreed that they will follow the rule of law and due process.

“What is important to me is to ensure the independence of the three arms of the government, to allow rule of law, to ensure that we respect the democratic process”.

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/wont-sacrifice-nigerias-interest-mine-saraki/
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by Limitednow: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:00am On Sep 17, 2018
Then resign to proove it
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by masterfactor(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2018
we don hear
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by Limitednow: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
Then resign to proove it

What is your interest in his resignation?

If Buhari doesn't place his interest above ours then let him step down from seeking re-election because under him Nigerians are been killed and the country rated the world headquarters of poverty.

This was not so when the country had others as leaders.
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:12am On Sep 17, 2018
Limitednow:

What is your interest in his resignation?

If Buhari doesn't place his interest above ours then let him step down from seeking re-election because under him Nigerians are been killed and the country rated the world headquarters of poverty.

This was not so when the country had others as leaders.
Buhari too should resign. I'm not in support of any of them. They are all thieves!
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by whitebeard(m): 8:14am On Sep 17, 2018
Sharrap who ask u to talk..!
Re: I Won’t Sacrifice Nigeria’s Interest For Mine – Saraki by uwa1(m): 8:21am On Sep 17, 2018
good to know.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari To Flag Off The Osun Basic Health Provision Fund / See As President Buhari Take Save Adeleke From Ibrahim Idris. / Ogun Guber: Hunye Denies Alignment With Another Abiodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.