Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

There Were Rappers By Adewale GP - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / There Were Rappers By Adewale GP (7055 Views)

Throwback Music: Ijo Fuji By Adewale Ayuba / Link To Bubble By Adewale Ayuba On Youtube / Link To Bubble By Adewale Ayuba On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by philfearon(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2018
NiggasInParis:
Wait o. Is it only me? I was thinking the OP was talking about our dying state of Nigerian Hiphop and wanted to chronicle events as they happened since 2000 till 2012
The thing tire me... No cohesion, correlation and connection whatsoever!
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by killsmith(f): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2018
Rap died a long time ago.

Lil Wayne, Drake, birdman, Rick Ross etc kill rap.

The emergence of Trap muzik was the burial of rap music.

4 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Tozara(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2018
This article is lengthy? Are you kidding me? What encouragement for lazy readers.

By the way, I know nothing about rap, and not quite enthused about it. So, that's the only thing I noticed and consider worth commenting on.
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by JUHABACH: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2018
Danicomrade:

Yo bro MGK Rapdevil is still better than killshot

I'm guessing you didn't understand the lyrics of killshot . Eminem pretty much murdered MGK's career after giving it to him.
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by JhyMedex: 11:26am On Sep 17, 2018
intruxive:
angry
Yep rap is dead!
cry
cheesy!..
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by JhyMedex: 11:26am On Sep 17, 2018
intruxive:
angry Yep rap is dead! cry
Rap ain't neva dead as long as Eminem is still alive n Rollin!..
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by elmodee7(m): 11:26am On Sep 17, 2018
who do you believe in. tupac
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 11:28am On Sep 17, 2018
JUHABACH:

I'm guessing you didn't understand the lyrics of killshot . Eminem pretty much murdered MGK's career after giving it to him.

dude was just banging his head to some Autotune. Rap devil was very flat....just some dude saying a bunch of stuff and eating cereal.

Killshot....real rap, style switches and killing punchlines. Even though we know that Eminem didn't come full force for MGK. He was just big boying the dude because they are not actually in the same level.

Had it been a worthy rapper dissed em, slim shady would have jumped in.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by badmrkt(m): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

you probably don't know rap...lol.

Go and listen to your lil pumps and the rest of your mumble rappers.
lol @"mumble rappers". They are everywhere thses days.
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Herrmes: 11:34am On Sep 17, 2018
Nigga ain't put Nas, WTF...
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by masterfactor(m): 11:34am On Sep 17, 2018
killsmith:

Rip died a long time ago in Nigeria after the likes of mode 9 and rugged man left the scene
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by pressplay411(m): 11:35am On Sep 17, 2018
bilms:
THERE WERE RAPPERS
https://mrrightsng..com/2018/09/there-were-rappers-by-adewale-gp.html?m=1

(An Article Strictly for Intending Rappers)

Though it's a bit lengthy but endeavour to read on...

Many rappers have come, many rappers have gone.

Some of them were felt, while some never made any impact, some flashed up momentarily, fell, struggled and never made it to the path again. Some even fell from the top and to the point of never been mentioned again.

Some came up materially with a lavish glamourizing lifestyle (talk about the bling-bling, tattoos, cash, women, drugs, cars, expensive videos etc.), but their contents never stood the test of time.

Some were tight lyrically but weren’t appealing and as a result were underrated, some were wack skillfully but were accepted and celebrated, some were not talentedly fit, but grace kept them going.

Some misused the opportunity they had, and ultimately failed to blow. Some were hungry and promising but ended up miserably.

Some lost it for ignorantly glorifying diverse and unknown images, symbols, gods etc., with the use of taboo words, sign languages, postures and the rest, that they (themselves) don’t even understand or know about. Some sold their souls in exchange for fortune and fame.

Some failed because of the stage-names and monikers they gave themselves e.g. “Old Dirty Bastard, “Poor Righteous Teachers” etc.

Some were fooled, deceived and adulterated by the industry standards, and were somehow misled, some fell out because they broke the oaths and agreements of the deals with their record labels, managers, promoters and sponsors.

Some because of ego trip and status, lacked self-control, beefed and dissed the Hip hop heads, and their career ended up.

Some due to minor success, run their mouths during interviews, failed to realize that Hip hop is way bigger than just rap, then went ahead competing… and consequently crumpled down their own artistry by themselves.

Some messed up because of lack of managerial skills, plus marketing plans and strategies. They weren’t business-oriented. (Talent is not enough!).

Some especially (the wanna-be, who aint gonna-be) couldn’t and wouldn’t make it, because they so wished, copied, imitated, mimicked and faked to be that other rapper they idolized and were obsessed with. (they see them no more as role-models but hoping to be exactly like them, to me, that’s failure, because those who compete and compare themselves to others are never complete).

Some blame it on lack of funds (capital), sponsors and failed to do any other job (Plan A) except rap. (You go hear am!).

Some don’t even understand the rap game, they don’t study its basics and rudiments, they have no role-models, influences nor mentors, they don’t know the purpose why… but just jumped into it simply coz they feel they could rhyme, impress and entertain. (Go and ask; SKY B)

But we have some few who stood their grounds because they knew and understood early enough that they had a calling for the game..., though they were faced with the challenges of life, they were tossed…, but they pushed…, despite their poor backgrounds, they elevated themselves (well rounded), they believed in themselves as well as their crafts and used it as a medium that speak volume for an outcry and liberation of the masses.

They re-wrote histories, broke fallow grounds, put their all into their arts, and unknowingly became legends while been consistent. They never allowed personal circumstances, obstacles, rejections, disappointments, scandals, trials, charges, jail times etc. to stop them.

They put their marks down even in places their feet never touched, their songs motivated the planet, their lyrics left marks on peoples’ minds, their flows left stretch marks on stages, they educated the younger ones, though some of them were short-lived, but they made it from nothing to something, from ashes to classic, from being local to going global, they eventually became a household name.

And such is this gem who lived just 25-years on this terrestrial plane. None other than…

TUPAC AMARU SHAKUR (1971 – 1996)

Some of us now may not really have grown up then during his prime, but for those of us who knew…, “truly, a book is not enough to tell who Tupac was…”, and at least, there is one of his songs you’ve ever loved or bobbed your head to.

Though some see him (Tupac) as a Thug, Rapper, Artist, Black Jesus, Prophet, Poet, Misogynist, Lyricist, Mentor, Traitor, Rapist etc. But I see him as a Human, a Voice, a Rose that grew on a Concrete! Tupac, though he believed in God, I’d wished he knew Christ before he was killed.

One of his favourite quotes was: “Though I may not change the world, but I guarantee I can spark the brain that will change the world”.

R – I – P! To a Great Rap Music Legend who died on this day, (September 13th, 1996), exactly 22 years ago. (Only God Can Judge You – The Don Makavelli)

- By ADEWALE G.P

Well written. Couldn't skip a beat, I mean line.lol
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by JUHABACH: 11:38am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

dude was just banging his head to some Autotune. Rap devil was very flat....just some dude saying a bunch of stuff and eating cereal.

Killshot....real rap, style switches and killing punchlines. Even though we know that Eminem didn't come full force for MGK. He was just big boying the dude because they are not actually in the same level.

"It's your moment
This is it, as big as you're gonna get, so enjoy it
Had to give you a career to destroy it "

grin
naijapips04:

"It's your moment

3 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by prince2pac(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2018
Never call you bitch again
re you still down
my block
2pac is the king..... but I think J Cole has been cooking something good for years now

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by prince2pac(m): 11:42am On Sep 17, 2018
Never call you bitch again
re you still down
my block
2pac is the king..... but I think J Cole has been cooking something good for years now

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2018
JUHABACH:

"It's your moment

grin

"It's your moment

Beat to "killshot" was actually a reverse beat to "Rap devil". Imagine reverse your our tune and murder you with it.

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Danicomrade(m): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

you probably don't know rap...lol.

Go and listen to your lil pumps and the rest of your mumble rappers.

Blablabla yo shut ur mouth lipsrsealed

things do change bro ya lil pump and d rest mumble rappers are the new generation of hip hop
And that is what u will be hearing
Eminem should better get use to it his dayz are gone period

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2018
intruxive:
angry
Yep rap is dead!
The day I heard some stupid southern rap, I knew the end has come cry
what's southern rap? Which artistes?
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2018
Danicomrade:

Blablabla yo shut ur mouth lipsrsealed

things do change bro ya lil pump and d rest mumble rappers are the new generation of hip hop
And that is what u will be hearing
Eminem should better get use to it his dayz are gone period

dude don't ever call mumbling rapping. MCs like Eminem and Tupac invented Rapping. Y'all mumble rappers can go invent your own mumbling category but if you are going to rap, then rap right.

3 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Danicomrade(m): 11:58am On Sep 17, 2018
JUHABACH:

U got a point bro bt eminem is still just a bully acting like a baby
And killshot did nt murder his career rather it brought bak his career
So go get ready 4 MGK EP DROPING ON FRIDAY

CAUSE EMINEM SOLD SOME OF HIS FANS 2 MGK BY DISS HIM wink
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by intruxive(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2018
HaileSelassie:
what's southern rap? Which artistes?
I believe they call it trap now, the sremurds cardi b, offset and etc raping jargons and calling it hiphop angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by philcz(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
killsmith:

Heard of Kendrick Lamar and J Cole?

4 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Danicomrade(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

dude don't ever call mumbling rapping. MCs like Eminem and Tupac invented Rapping. Y'all mumble rappers can go invent your own mumbling category but if you are going to rap, then rap right.

Bro u c inventor do get old and there invention get and upgrade by the younger generation
So wether u like it or not the so called mumbling rappers are takeing over get use 2 it wink
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Danicomrade:

Bro u c inventor do get old and there invention get and upgraded by the younger generation
So wether u like it or not the so called mumbling rappers are takeing over get use 2 it wink

so mumbling is an upgrade to rapping? Dude just go. grin

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Danicomrade(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

so mumbling is an upgrade to rapping? Dude just go. grin
I aint going no were bro i stand 4 d new generation .
And u got 2 knw things change
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
Danicomrade:

I aint going no were bro i stand 4 d new generation .

And u got 2 knw things change

Things change for the better not worse. We are suppose to be having an upgrade to the Eminems and the 2pacs not some dudes that can't form a correct sentence mumbling stuff that are not even audible.

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
swagga:
Lol. How can ODB be a failure when he was a Grammy nominated rapper and platinum selling. Stopped reading when I realized....nevermind
the Op doesn't know shit abt Rap though...ODB the great
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
killsmith:

the last rapper standing has even gone lil Commercial... That's NAS

3 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

not Eminem ooo...Likes of Rakim ,old RZa made rap great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2018
NiggasInParis:
Wait o. Is it only me? I was thinking the OP was talking about our dying state of Nigerian Hiphop and wanted to chronicle events as they happened since 2000 till 2012(the last year rap struggle to survive in the industry and fell off)

Well, Tupac, sure a rap Legend- But who the best PAC NAS & BIGGIE?

Aint no best!
I think NAS cos Tupac died but Biggie is a neymar to MeSSI and Ronaldo...Tupac and Nas are Messi and Ronaldo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2018
kallmemrB:
not Eminem ooo...Likes of Rakim ,old RZa made rap great

Yeah. And em's and 2pac also contributed their own quota. Eminem is a Rakim protege but greater.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayanni & Jason Derulo - Ta Ta Ta (Official Music Video) / VIDEO: Timaya - Sili-kon / House Music In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.