Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis (7210 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the Finals?

Uruguay: 5% (2 votes)
Netherlands: 94% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by ezan(m): 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
The Uruguayans rode their luck almost too far; finally they're OUT. . .some consolation after Ghana's QF disappointment. Holland did not play too well though. They did just enough. . . .
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
I love the Netherlands. . .they really made those losers pay. grin

But, I'm beginning to wonder why the Uruguay players weren't crying, makes me think they knew they would lose the match. grin

Anyway, I love Arjen Robben. . . grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by buzugee(m): 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
bawomolo:

why do yakubu and obasi fail to have the same kind of luck.
yakubu is too fat. he cannot get to the position where the lucky cake is being distributed. you have to be in the position to receive luck. you can take a camel to the river but you cannot force it to drink.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 9:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
buzugee:

yakubu is too fat. he cannot get to the position where the lucky cake is being distributed. you have to be in the position to receive luck. you can take a camel to the river but you cannot force it to drink.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by obinna5000(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
Yakubu Aiyegbeni is good in chewing gum. cool
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by medjai(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2010
I really cant understand how Holland just made the final. They've just been okay, they'vent really played too well
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by AjanleKoko: 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2010
Anyone noticed how since 2002 the quality of World Cup footie has gone steadily downhill?
This year is definitely the worst. Apart from Germany's great form, everyone else have just been all hype and little else.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by obinna5000(m): 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2010
medjai:

I really cant understand how Holland just made the final. They've just been okay, they'vent really played too well

I believe teams like Holland, Germany and Spain rely mostly on team work and not individual brilliance.
Ghana would have played better than the Uruguayans in this semi-final match.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by buzugee(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
medjai:

therein lies their genius. they make it look so easy. like they are not giving any effort. this is the same team that knocked off brazil.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by CyberG: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
mama-gee:

I love the Netherlands. . .they really made those losers pay. grin

But, I'm beginning to wonder why the Uruguay players weren't crying, makes me think they knew they would lose the match. grin

Anyway, I love Arjen Robben. . . grin

Who doesn't know that mama-whatever will "love" anyone so far as she can get a hump on his joystick?? Robben is with someone else. . .so you need to look harder in your village, okay?  grin grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Rastamann: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
Good game! NED - GER final!
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2010
buzugee:

steve macmanaman expects spain to dominate the germans tomorrow  tongue
That's simply because Germany kicked the butts of the England team.

Trust him, he isn't happy until Germany is eliminated from the World Cup and we know that isn't happening. grin

Cause Klose, Ozil, Bastian .S. and Podolski aren't done. grin

CyberG:

Who doesn't know that mama-whatever will "love" anyone so far as she can get a hump on his joystick?? Robben is with someone else. . .so you need to look harder in your village, okay? grin grin
So much for a brain! tongue grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by buzugee(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
mama-gee:

That's simply because Germany kicked the butts of the England team.

Trust him, he isn't happy until Germany is eliminated from the World Cup and we know that isn't happening. grin

grin you ain lie too. lmao. he  is still sore about the nazi walloping they recieved  grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by snowdrops(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Anyone noticed how since 2002 the quality of World Cup footie has gone steadily downhill?
This year is definitely the worst. Apart from Germany's great form, everyone else have just been all hype and little else.
Absolutely spot on. Remember Spain 82 or Mexico 86 or even Italian 90. Those were classic.

I agree apart from Germany, the other teams look like they dont want to be in South Africa. Holland have had it all too easy. Even their team in France 98 and Euro 2000 were better than this.

I really am disappointed in this world cup
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by obinna5000(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2010
mama-gee:

@mama-gee
I no blame McManaman.  grin  grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

Absolutely spot on. Remember Spain 82 or Mexico 86 or even Italian 90. Those were classic.

Many countries have ditched their traditions to pursue results.
The argument has always been there - football results or beautiful football.

The best football team ever is the Selecao of 82 - Tele Santana's Brazilian team.
Jeeeeeez. . . . . .watching that team play would give you eyegasm. grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by obinna5000(m): 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2010
@snowdrops
Did you actual watch Spain 82 live and direct? Or you watched the FIFA world Cup films?
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Basseti: 10:08pm On Jul 06, 2010
medjai:

They made it look real easy.  Thats a testament to the quality in the team.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by CyberG: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2010
mama-gee:

Not everyone has their brain just a hollow brown pot south of their waist! But in this mumu is a perfect example! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by snowdrops(m): 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

Many countries have ditched their traditions to pursue results.
The argument has always been there - football results or beautiful football.

The best football team ever is the Selecao of 82 - Tele Santana's Brazilian team.
Jeeeeeez. . . . . .watching that team play would give you eyegasm. grin
Yeah i agree. The Brazilians were magic but the drabbest team Italia ended up lifting the cup. Paolo Rossi comes to mind. He was anonymous before the tournament but sprang to life during it. Guys were rooting for the Brazilians then, Dr Socrates, Zico and Falcao.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2010
obinna5000:

@mama-gee
I no blame McManaman.  grin  grin
Dude should give up already and just love Germany for the good players they are and not the seemingly overrated, overpaid English losers. grin

Tomorrow when Germany beats Spain, I would be checking out the priceless expression on the face of Steve McManaman.
grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by snowdrops(m): 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
obinna5000:

@snowdrops
Did you actual watch Spain 82 live and direct? Or you watched the FIFA world Cup films?
We were not spoilt with satellite tv as there is today. So no, i sorrily watched recorded matches. I cant remember if the then NTA showed any of the matches live.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by dayokanu(m): 10:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
AjanleKoko:

LOL.
Problem is, in the next couple of months, WC will be over.
And Schweinsteiger, Muller, Klose, etc, will go right back to being bossed around by CR9, Rooney, Messi, and co.
Though I hear Jose is looking for Bastian sha.

How come a month before the world cup Schweinsteiger, Muller, Klose were playing the CL finals while CR9, Rooney and Messi were watching on TV?
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by snowdrops(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
Schweinsteiger has never really being anonymous. His problem has been injury and unsavoury lifestyle. I wonder why any of the big clubs never took real notice of him before the world cup.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by mamagee3(f): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

We were not spoilt with satellite tv as there is today. So no, i sorrily watched recorded matches. I cant remember if the then NTA showed any of the matches live.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by buzugee(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

Yeah i agree. The Brazilians were magic but the drabbest team Italia ended up lifting the cup. Paolo Rossi comes to mind. He was anonymous before the tournament but sprang to life during it. Guys were rooting for the Brazilians then, Dr Socrates, Zico and Falcao.
brazil had a doctor on their soccer roster ?
medjai:

also you have to remember that you are the victim of 'optical illusion'. When a white person (recessive color) wears orange ( weak color) their is an optical illusion created in your mind to the point where it does not matter what that person does and how good they do it, they still look like a bunch of pansys running around. now remember the long ball posessions they had in the uruguay half when they were passing the ball around, probing, dribbling etc for what seemed like forever, try to imagine that the people doing that are tanned or black people in dark colored jerseys, picture in your mind how dominant they will look ? This is why black people always look good on the ball even if they are not doing much with it but white people dont look too good but will still win. then you start wondering, why the hell did those white boys win ? we were dominant and looked good on the ball. we ran them around like a bunch of runaway slaves, what happened ?, yeah its all an illusion. your mind is playing tricks on you.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by Sauron1: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

I saw the tape on VHS this weekend and that Brazilian team cannot be equalled - the 1970 team would get close though.
The brand of football was brilliant. I am not sure they learnt how to defend cos they often passed their way out of dangerous situation at the back.
Eder, Falcao, Zico, Dr. Socrates, Junior, etc. The only useless player they had was Serginho. . . . .The nucca was useless. grin

dayokanu:

How come a month before the world cup Schweinsteiger, Muller, Klose were playing the CL finals while CR9, Rooney and Messi were watching on TV?

But the same Schweini, Muller and Klose were beaten by a team of Milito(Argentina), Cambiasso(World Cup reject) in the UCL final.
Just because Schweini and Muller played in the UCL final does not mean they are better than Rooney, CR9 and Messi.

Drogba crashed out in the group stage but he's better than any striker Germany has produced in the last decade. grin
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by snowdrops(m): 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ buzugee

Yes they had one. He is a medical doctor. Can you imagine. I loved him, tall lanky and all bearded like a professor.

On the second point, i dont think medjai was knocking the dutch based on the colour of their skin.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by vescucci(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2010
I want Holland to win the Cup jare. I have a feeling that if they don't win now, it'll be another century at least before they challenge for it again
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by snowdrops(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
~Sauron~:

I saw the tape on VHS this weekend and that Brazilian team cannot be equalled - the 1970 team would get close though.
The brand of football was brilliant. I am not sure they learnt how to defend cos they often passed their way out of dangerous situation at the back.
Eder, Falcao, Zico, Dr. Socrates, Junior, etc. The only useless player they had was Serginho. . . . .The nucca was useless. grin

Hahaha, i remember those old VHS tapes. Those were the days. I have not seen any of the matches for yrs. Cant seem to recall Serginho though.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by obinna5000(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
@~Sauron~ & snowdrops
The two of you will succeed in life and will not miss opportunities like Yakubu, in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Netherlands Vs Uruguay: [3 - 2] @ World Cup 2010 Semis by buzugee(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2010
snowdrops:

@ buzugee

Yes they had one. He is a medical doctor. Can you imagine. I loved him, tall lanky and all bearded like a professor.

On the second point, i dont think medjai was knocking the dutch based on the colour of their skin.
lol i would love to see a picture of this dr socrates.

oh and my other point was not a color thing. i was emphasizing on how your illusion can make you think a team is not doing well when they actually are

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near / I buy Used Or Faulty Laptop Here @ A very Good price / Unfailing Method : Make Your Bookmakers Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.