Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like (20654 Views)

Creative Ways That Car Owners Transformed Their Car Dents (pics) / The Level Of Ignorance Of Vulcanizers And Tyre Sellers In Nigeria Is Alarming / Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by AutoJoshNG: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2018

According to FRSC (Federal Road Safety Corps) over 5,000 lives were lost on Nigerian roads due to tyre burst between 2010 and 2016. This is a major pointer to the fact that we have to be careful the way we take care of our car tyres. Furthermore, we have to be careful the type of vulcanizers we permit to touch the tyres of our cars. Some are culpable for the way and manner they improperly handle tyres during repairs.

These are 7 absurd things vulcanizers do when fixing car tyres.

1. Eba or Fufu as sealant:

If you see any man or woman going in and out of a mama put restaurant to buy 2 or 3 wraps of fufu without buying soup, it is safe to think that he or she is a vulcanizer. Those tyres can eat fufu more than any glutton you've ever met. It's advised that proper tyre bead sealers should be used instead of fufu. The former seals better and some people have not even seen that fufu to eat.

2. Apply saliva on tyre valves:

To check if the valves are not leaking, some vulcanizers will take saliva from their mouth with their hand.. and the saliva will be applied on the tip of the tyre valves. This is definitely unhygienic. It is also gross. Tell us how you feel anytime you see this. Do you love it or you usually feel like you want to puke?

3. Steal from your car, tyre or wheel:

Always inspect the tyres and wheels of your car immediately after getting them fixed. You'd be surprised that some vulcanizers can pilfer something no matter how unimportant you may think it is. One vulcanizer once stole the small wheel balance weight bar that is used for wheel balancing when we had a flat while on an interstate trip. He resorted to begging for forgiveness after he was caught. Always endeavour to check everything is intact before you step on the gas. Although some of them may make honest mistakes forgetting to return your jack and wheel spanners.

4. Over-Inflation:

Always ask your vulcanizer how much air pressure they've inflated your car tyre with. Most of them will say "50" which means 50 PSI. For most cars, this air pressure is far above the recommended figure and this is a major cause of tyre blowouts and loss of traction which can lead to death. For example, the recommended tyre pressure for the car in the photo below is 33 PSI. The recommended pressure can be found on the driver's door pillar as seen in the photos below so don't let any vulcanizer put your life at risk.

5. Not knowing tyre rotation and direction

Some vulcanizers are not literate so they are unable to read and understand the directional signs on the tyres of your car. Even after explaining that this part has "inside" written on it and the other side has "outside" written on it, they still end up criss-crossing everything. The onus lies on you to check it yourself for your own safety.

6. Not tightening the wheel knots properly

The last thing you want to happen to you is for the tyre of your car to roll off while in motion. You may have had that wobbly feel after doing a tyre job. Always ensure to check that the wheel knots are proper fastened before you hit the road. This negligence may be disastrous.

7. Damage the lovely rims on your car

The wheels of my Toyota Camry suffered in the hands of vulcanizers. They defaced the edges of the gray colour sport wheels the first time the tyre needed a fix. After that, I had to request that they use a tube or cloth to prevent the wheels from scratching.

Which of these issues do you like or dislike? Also add any other thing you think should be on the list so we can learn from you and don't forget to pay attention to your vehicle tyres at all times.

https://autojosh.com/vulcanizers

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by hisgrace090: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
As you noticed it all of them are quit disheartening.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by CarGuideNG: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
cheesy

A lot of them don't have formal training and as such are not familiar with standards and vehicle requirements.

Get in touch for your Comprehensive V I N or Chassis Number Vehicle History Reports for used or Tokunbo cars.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by handsomeyinka(m): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
The last time my VULCANIZER messed up was during our last Christmas party.

The baba just over guage our cow and blew up the intestine

22 Likes

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Sholaco: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
grin that rim damage s d main thing

1 Like

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Nedukkc: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
Out of all the problems wey full nija your own Now na vulcanizers.

Forgetting that if we have Good roads we will hardly have any business fixing tyres.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Tonyspecial(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by splmosixx(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
Na person wey get car de observe those things...

Make God open ways for me and other nairalanders wey still de use legedis Benz

Amen

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by pocohantas(f): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
One fuckernizer stole the sensors in my tyres.
Endtime man!!!

6 Likes

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
Perhaps we let them know alternatives to these things.
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by directonpc(m): 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
How does the saliva cause crashes ?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by SolnergyPower: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2018
Correct info!
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by otunde527: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2018
Lol...

Every profession has it pros and cons

Direct Yuan to Chinese bank account available
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by oneda(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2018
Fuckernizer
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by alizma: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
thanks op
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by spencekat(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
It is also important to know your tyres very well before giving them to vulcanizers to work on.
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Small080(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
Using fufu and eba, ah I hate it die
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Youngbarna(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
If them no add fufu watin dem gain

3 Likes

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
Last Saturday I stopped by one to raise my tyre pressure. I asked what pressure and his response was 50psi. I requested that we check requirements from the tyre. We did and it was 44psi. Another thing is the pressure gauge that they use. How often do they calibrate them. I doubt they ever do. So we all need to be careful.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by 3kay945(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2018
I have no problem with the saliva thing.

It's good to own a gauge. Its not expensive.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2018
After all this, we can't still do without them

1 Like

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nawa o. U are right, but ur 1st point, i no 2 trust am.
Eatin 2 raps of fufu s because am hungry and moreova, i wont work wit empty belle. If d tyre owner s eatin, am nt awear.
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Goahead(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
handsomeyinka:
The last time my VULCANIZER messed up was during our last Christmas party.

The baba just over guage our cow and blew up the intestine
That was an instant karma... You were trying to cheat the nature, by pumping the dead cow so it can serve your whole community. undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by handsomeyinka(m): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
Goahead:
That was an instant karma... You were trying to cheat the nature, by pumping the dead cow so it can serve your whole community. undecided
Lol...na buhari era my brother,in fact if we can pump chicken,we go do am.
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by DonX001: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
3kay945:
I have no problem with the saliva thing.

It's good to own a gauge. Its not expensive.
Like how much does it cost and where can it be gotten from?
Also is there a place we can go and crosscheck our own gauge's calibration after buying to be sure its accurate....so that we won't buy one chinko gauge that will be giving inaccurate readings without us knowing.
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Neminc: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
I can relate with 4,6 & 7
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by BigIyanga: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
And most importantly, breaking your lug nuts or keeping them loose.. typica Naija carelessness
Re: 7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
they dont even know how to fix back wheel covers, lost many wheelcovers due to this.

they cant read numbers on the tyre pressure guage.

had to get my own tyre guage cos am sick of their nonsense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Razes Car In Front Of Army Headquarters Abuja / 9 Places Car VIN (vehicle Identification Number) Is Located (Photos) / The Devel Sixteen Hypercar With 5,007hp & 310mph Top Speed Is Unveiled In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.