Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations (9461 Views)

₦500, ₦1000 Denominations Most Commonly Counterfeited Banknotes- CBN Report / Looking To Start Distribution Of Bigi Drinks? Get In Here / Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by hisgrace090: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2018
If people returned dirty mutilated note to the bank as you urge them, the bank will still use it to pay another.
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by 3kay945(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2018
Kira290:
guys please can I get this device in Lagos?

Yea, but what panel is this?
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by COMPAQ(m): 8:27am On Sep 18, 2018
While CBN has probably not as effective as it should be, one of the main reasons why new notes are scarce is because bank managers keep them for their friends and also sell to dealers for parties. Where do riff rafs who sell new notes at parties get them from?

I used to be one of the key custodians of a bank vault and my head of operations who had the other key would warn me not to touch the mint in the vault. She used to use it to settle her friends and feel important that she could supply mint.
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by FrankTalk1: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2018
Don't leave your money sitting down in a savings account and depreciating in value.

See HOW TO INVEST AND MAKE MONEY IN THE NIGERIAN MUTUAL FUNDS.
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by FitnessHomme: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2018
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by MrIkebuk(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2018
miracood:
WAT USE HAS #5 GOT IN NIGERIA OF TODAY
I still buy N5 stuff. Your mindset fuels inflation. Ditch it.
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2018
CriticMaestro:
Yesterday I sold a fairly new ₦100 note for ₦1000
i hail thee
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2018
excomarow:

Get da fvck out of the country... moreover, you are not adding anything to country

Buhari till 2023

Good AM everyone

We don see you wey they multiply for Nigeria
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by boyjo: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2018
miracood:
WAT USE HAS #5 GOT IN NIGERIA OF TODAY

Two N5 note can buy stuffs grin
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by spenoiya(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2018
Kira290:

bro how are we supposed to help you if we don't know what its called?
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by spenoiya(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2018
Kira290:

bro how are we supposed to help you if we don't know what its called?
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
fkj950ax:

A lot.

The unavailability of N5 from CBN made traders to automatically round up prices to N10, items YOU should pay N5 for.

It also made them batch items in 3, and ask YOU to pay N20. This is an item you need only 1 of it, but you are forced to buy 2 extra (unbudgeted expense on your part, and traders offloading their wares quicker).

Lower denomination helps promote actual pricing, and also reduces cost of goods
Nigerians are daft... Today we don't spend one Naira again which is a big issue... America still de spend one dollar.... Wat are we saying self....soludo wanted to change tins by revaluation of Naira but we oppose him especialy d elites
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by mctons: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
JustCare:
Great smiley

Very needed step, here in Lagos nobody has smaller denominations to offer as change balance again.

I understand these little denominations has lost almost all their purchasing powers but we still need them in circulation to ease spending especially among SMES owners and customers until we go cashless to a big extent.

Let's adopt bitcoin instead
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by JustCare: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
mctons:

Let's adopt bitcoin instead

I'm pro cryptos smiley
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2018
excomarow:

Get da fvck out of the country... moreover, you are not adding anything to country
i am not adding...

Better than Buhari that is busy in the wrong direction subtraction exponentially
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by excomarow(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
i am not adding...

Better than Buhari that is busy in the wrong direction subtraction exponentially

His 4years is better than the 16years of PDP

Buhari till 2023 grin
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2018
excomarow:

His 4years is better than the 16years of PDP

Buhari till 2023 grin
use your brain to answer this question...
.HOW?
Re: CBN Steps Up Distribution Of Lower Denominations by excomarow(m): 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
use your brain to answer this question...
.HOW?

you say

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crude Oil Hits $72, Highest In Three Years Over Middle East Tensions / Fire Outbreak At Monday Market Maiduguri Last Night. / What Business Can I Start With 20k As A Lady Without Renting A Shop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.