Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One (465 Views)

Before You Buy That Smartphone, Check This... / Looking for a budget smartphone ? Check this / CUBOT MAGIC Full Spec Review - Looking For A Curve Screen Smartphone, Check This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by Tarivanessa(f): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2018
Water and electronics don’t mix, now the major cause of liquid damage on a phone is due to the presence of water the internal part of the

smartphone. But with the waterproof smartphones, the case is different. This is because the waterproof smartphones are covered with a water resistant coating that protects them against rain, sweat, spills or when tumbled in water or a puddle.

There are various types of water resistant categories. These are categorized with a rating determined by the International Electro-technical Commission (IEC). The most common ratings you'll come across are IP67 and IP68. Smartphones with an IP67 rating are fully protected from dust and can withstand being submerged in 3.3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. IP68 means the phones can be submerged in 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes.

Do not confuse water resistant to waterproof. What are the differences?

Water resistant means the smartphone can survive small splashes of water,sweat,rain etc.

Waterproof means the smartphone will survive even when dipped or submerged in water, if you drop it in the pool accidentally or your drink, the phone will be completely fine.

Would you buy a waterproof phone in the future? Let us know in the comments.

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/687/713369
Re: Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by Kalapizim(m): 4:50am On Sep 19, 2018
Pool selfie on my mind grin
Re: Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by MobileGees: 6:07am On Sep 19, 2018
Na so my friend dey tempt me to put my newly bought iPhone X inside water.

Even if I know say the phone is water resistant, my mind still no gree do am grin

what if the phone mistakenly got drained by water, my iPhone don go be that? No be me.

it just sounds ridiculous to dip phone inside water.
Re: Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by eugene12345: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2018
these are very welcome points.
Re: Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by Kalapizim(m): 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
eugene12345:
these are very welcome points.
cheesy

Re: Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by Ejadike(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
I definitely would buy one
Re: Do You Need A Waterproof Smartphone? Check Out Why You Need One by Ejadike(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
MobileGees:
Na so my friend dey tempt me to put my newly bought iPhone X inside water.

Even if I know say the phone is water resistant, my mind still no gree do am grin

what if the phone mistakenly got drained by water, my iPhone don go be that? No be me.

it just sounds ridiculous to dip phone inside water.

lol... You too de fear bros... Just dip that device in water and see if it's truly original iPhone or fake lol

(1) (Reply)

Which is the best phone you think? / I Need Your Help Pls I Can't Use 3g On Phone / The War Of Words Against Indians And Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.