Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,633 members, 7,827,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi (1860 Views)

Is There Difference Between Iphone 13 Pro Max And Iphone 14 Pro Max? / Samsung Sued Over Water-resistant Phone Claims / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by anthon47(m): 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
This video was posted with test done with iphone X and Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus. you can dispute this.but come and challenge me with 100k to do this with my xiaomi and i will accept, check the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISTDFrkQP20

1 Like

Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
anthon47:
This video was posted with test done with iphone X and Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus. you can dispute this.but come and challenge me with 100k to do this with my xiaomi and i will accept, check the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISTDFrkQP20
Is Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus an IP 67/68/+ certified mobile device
Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
questechie:

The YouTuber used distilled water to try to get some points for the xioami redmi 5 plus. Distilled water does not conduct electricity so it does nothing to the electronics. He should have used ordinary water because when phones fall into the mud or get beat by rain or when u go swimming, those waters are NOT distilled water.

But kudos to xiaomi though for surviving even though it doesn't have any ip rating, but I'm sure if that was ordinary water it wouldn't survive. Reminds me of iPhone 6s which doesn't have any ip rating but still survived some minutes inside water.

5 Likes

Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by MobileGees: 12:35am On Sep 19, 2018
greenhulk:

The YouTuber used distilled water to try to get some points for the xioami redmi 5 plus. Distilled water does not conduct electricity so it does nothing to the electronics. He should have used ordinary water because when phones fall into the mud or get beat by rain or when u go swimming, those waters are NOT distilled water.

But kudos to xiaomi though for surviving even though it doesn't have any ip rating, but I'm sure if that was ordinary water it wouldn't survive. Reminds me of iPhone 6s which doesn't have any ip rating but still survived some minutes inside water.

your argument is baseless, it was a fair contest between the both phones and iPhone X failed. Simple.

You are here shouting "he used distilled water" is it not thesame distilled water he used on iPhone X he also used for the Xiaomi?

and moreover his dipped his hands inside the water which has literally disqualified the water from becoming distilled.

so once again your argument is baseless and iPhone is just an overpriced piece of plastic/metal

1 Like

Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 19, 2018
MobileGees:

your argument is baseless, it was a fair contest between the both phones and iPhone X failed. Simple.

You are here shouting "he used distilled water" is it not thesame distilled water he used on iPhone X he also used for the Xiaomi?

and moreover his dipped his hands inside the water which has literally disqualified the water from becoming distilled.

so once again your argument is baseless and iPhone is just an overpriced piece of plastic/metal

Lol, argument is baseless? I think u need to understand basic science. The iPhone 10 didn't fail, the speaker for distorted because of the water but once the water is dried it will get back to normal, it's the same thing with Samsung phone when put inside water, a lot of time speaker gets distorted but once the water is dried it becomes normal. The YouTuber knew what he was doing, that was why he specifically used distilled water because he knows that doesn't conduct electricity so it's not going to cause any damage when in contact with the components of the phone.

Nobody that does water test on phones used distilled water because in reality ur phone is not going to fall inside distilled water, neither is rain not the pool dostliiled water. And for ur information, I'm not here siding any phone, just making an observation but it looks like u are getting too sentimental. I already said kudos to xiaomi since the phone does not have any ip rating but still able to resist water for a few minutes (though I doubt it can resist for up to 30 mins ).

Below is Sprite test from same YouTuber. Both phones survived 3 mins but watch closely at 6:45 the volume up button of the redmi got friend but the guy didn't emphasize on it because he was sentimental over the redmi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6znPylLrJjI

2 Likes

Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by Darkseid(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
MobileGees:

Is this ignorance or just plain stupidity. Please try and gain some insights before arguing with a more informed person.
Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by Darkseid(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, argument is baseless? I think u need to understand basic science. The iPhone 10 didn't fail, the speaker for distorted because of the water but once the water is dried it will get back to normal, it's the same thing with Samsung phone when put inside water, a lot of time speaker gets distorted but once the water is dried it becomes normal. The YouTuber knew what he was doing, that was why he specifically used distilled water because he knows that doesn't conduct electricity so it's not going to cause any damage when in contact with the components of the phone.

Nobody that does water test on phones used distilled water because in reality ur phone is not going to fall inside distilled water, neither is rain not the pool dostliiled water. And for ur information, I'm not here siding any phone, just making an observation but it looks like u are getting too sentimental. I already said kudos to xiaomi since the phone does not have any ip rating but still able to resist water for a few minutes (though I doubt it can resist for up to 30 mins ).

Below is Sprite test from same YouTuber. Both phones survived 3 mins but watch closely at 6:45 the volume up button of the redmi got friend but the guy didn't emphasize on it because he was sentimental over the redmi.

Baba you really get time to explain yourself. I'd just ignore the guy
Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by MobileGees: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2018
Darkseid:
Is this ignorance or just plain stupidity. Please try and gain some insights before arguing with a more informed person.
greenhulk:

Darkseid:

To you guys who's shouting that the test is unfair because he's using distilled water! He used the same distilled water on both phones so I really do not see how it is unfair.

Also, he put his hands in the water, human hands contain all sorts of salts, minerals, oils etc which dissolve into the water and increase the concentration of ions, so just the act of putting his hands in the water should've made it about as
conductive as "normal water"! The test was 100% fair and legit so what's your point?

And if "ordinary" distilled water can make iPhone X speaker sound creepy like that, that how much of ordinary water?

infact the the phone panel will spoil join

@ Darkseid, you no Sabi anything so just shut up and learn okay

2 Likes

Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2018
MobileGees:

To you guys who's shouting that the test is unfair because he's using distilled water! He used the same distilled water on both phones so I really do not see how it is unfair.

Also, he put his hands in the water, human hands contain all sorts of salts, minerals, oils etc which dissolve into the water and increase the concentration of ions, so just the act of putting his hands in the water should've made it about as
conductive as "normal water"! The test was 100% fair and legit so what's your point?

And if "ordinary" distilled water can make iPhone X speaker sound creepy like that, that how much of ordinary water?

infact the the phone panel will spoil join

@ Darkseid, you no Sabi anything so just shut up and learn okay

I will say it again, the speaker on the iPhone DID NOT fail. It got distorted because of the water which will become normal after the water is dried. That is the case with many water resistant phones even some Samsungs. Now did u watch the second test with Sprite or u just decided to ignore it? U will know the guy is just biased when he refused to accept that the volume up button on the redmi got destroyed by the Sprite but he kept emphasizing on the speaker of the iPhone which we all know will be normal again after a few mins.

Look we get it, redmi note 5 plus can survive a splash and can suvive being dropped in the toilet even without any ip rating, but take it to the shower at ur own risk. There's a reason xiaomi didn't give it any ip rating even though they know having an IP rating would boost it sales. And don't even try taking it swimming.
Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by kvngjesse(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2018
questechie:

I have personally done my test with the redmi 5 plus,
Still typing with the same device today, no issues cool
Re: Water Resistant Test Between Iphone And Xiaomi by kvngjesse(m): 11:23am On Sep 19, 2018
greenhulk:

I have personally done my test with the redmi 5 plus,
Still typing with the same device today, no issues cool

(1) (Reply)

Infinix S5 Pro / Huawei P20 4gb/128gb 3400mah Dualsim Fingerprint Etc For 65k / One plus 6t Vs google pixel 3xl Help me decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.