Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 (3852 Views)

China Becomes Second Nation To Plant Flag On The Moon After U.S / Billion-year-old Chinese Seaweed Is Oldest Green Plant Fossil / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2018
This is my new thread @iHart. It's hot here in Kaduna.

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
this is interesting...

goodluck as you explore. so what machine are you making first? maybe you Tell us the working principle, the parts and how you are going about it. we can also learn and chip in some ideas.

1 Like

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by Great500: 4:15am On Sep 19, 2018
iHart:
this is interesting...

goodluck as you explore. so what machine are you making first? maybe you Tell us the working principle, the parts and how you are going about it. we can also learn and chip in some ideas.
Oga Ihart you don dey here? Lol Oya make we all go on this journey together smiley

1 Like

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2018
oga iHart, na your step de follow ooo.. Ive stat the Plodder
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2018
wambai80:
oga iHart, na your step de follow ooo.. Ive stat the Plodder

Very good.

So what is the capacity of the electric motor? Is it three phase?
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2018
What other materials/parts have you gotten for the plodder?

1 Like

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
iHart:
What other materials/parts have you gotten for the plodder?

3 phase 2hp. I've fabricate the hopper and bought a stainless steel conveyor shaft, bearing's, pully (2) one for the shaft the other for the motor and a timing belt
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 4:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
@iHart. Any advice from a professional?
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
wambai80:

3 phase 2hp. I've fabricate the hopper and bought a stainless steel conveyor shaft, bearing's, pully (2) one for the shaft the other for the motor and a timing belt

2HP will not drive the plodder when it carries load. The minimum you can use is 5HP for a 50kg/hr capacity plodder.

Are you not going to use a gear reducer?

by the way, what's the diameter of the barrel you want to use? ...and what is the diameter of the shaft?

why stainless steel conveyor shaft?

You can do well by sharing pictures so we can appreciate what you are doing.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
iHart:

2HP will not drive the plodder when it carries load. The minimum you can use is 5HP for a 50kg/hr capacity plodder.

Are you not going to use a gear reducer?

by the way, what's the diameter of the barrel you want to use? ...and what is the diameter of the shaft?

why stainless steel conveyor shaft?

You can do well by sharing pictures so we can appreciate what you are doing.

Ok! I just called the guy I bought the motor from, he said I should return it for the 5hp, I'll start sending the pics 2moro
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
wambai80:

Ok! I just called the guy I bought the motor from, he said I should return it for the 5hp, I'll start sending the pics 2moro

Ok, but note that the capability of the torque produced by the 5HP that drives the gear to push out soap from the conical head is also dependent on the barrel size. There are so many other things you will also have to factor in oh. Also note that a 5HP plodder can not plod all sizes of soap. I will suggest you go see a working plodder before you embark on this.

Small tip: Consider the thickness of the worm plate, thickness of the barrel pipe, thickness of the shaft, the back cover of the plodder etc, so you can be able to make a machine that will be capable of withstanding the "back thrust" and at the same time permit effective heating and cooling of the system.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
iHart:

Ok, but note that the capability of the torque produced by the 5HP that drives the gear to push out soap from the conical head is also dependent on the barrel size. There are so many other things you will also have to factor in oh. Also note that a 5HP plodder can not plod all sizes of soap. I will suggest you go see a working plodder before you embark on this.

Small tip: Consider the thickness of the worm plate, thickness of the barrel pipe, thickness of the shaft, the back cover of the plodder etc, so you can be able to make a machine that will be capable of withstanding the "back thrust" and at the same time permit effective heating and cooling of the system.

Ok! Can you please give me an insight of how the cooling/heating system works with pictures? Thanks
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2018
wambai80:

Ok! Can you please give me an insight of how the cooling/heating system works with pictures? Thanks
there is a cooling section which is situated at the barrel and the heating section which is at the conical head. The cooling section allows the plodder to work constantly without any reduction in the speed at which the soap comes out. The heating section further refines the soap and makes its soft to pass through the conical head since pressure is built up there.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 5:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
iHart:
there is a cooling section which is situated at the barrel and the heating section which is at the conical head. The cooling section allows the plodder to work constantly without any reduction in the speed at which the soap comes out. The heating section further refines the soap and makes its soft to pass through the conical head since pressure is built up there.

I actually biuld a cone (thick) immidiatly after the shaft which the soap will pass through after being pushed by the shaft. This cone is currently with an electrician which he will biuld some sort of hearing element, the cone will act as a heater so the soap will melt after passing through by the pressure of the hopper shaft before exiting as a molded long bars then cut the long bars by hand. And as per the cooling system, Man! I didn't Make any provision for that, maybe you will help me. I almost 4get to tell you, I now have the 5hp 3phase Motor, I even tested it with the hopper shaft connecting it with belt aroun the pully. Any more advice, if you have pics pls send them. Thanks

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
@iHart. Abeg give me your number, mek I add you on WhatsApp
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
wambai80:

I actually biuld a cone (thick) immidiatly after the shaft which the soap will pass through after being pushed by the shaft. This cone is currently with an electrician which he will biuld some sort of hearing element, the cone will act as a heater so the soap will melt after passing through by the pressure of the hopper shaft before exiting as a molded long bars then cut the long bars by hand. And as per the cooling system, Man! I didn't Make any provision for that, maybe you will help me. I almost 4get to tell you, I now have the 5hp 3phase Motor, I even tested it with the hopper shaft connecting it with belt aroun the pully. Any more advice, if you have pics pls send them. Thanks

When you say the cone is thick, what do you mean? Thickness affects the degree at which the soap receives the heat as well as withstand the pressure from the soap. How did you form the cone? The soap need not melt before it passes out of the plodder. If you don't have a gear reducer, you have not started!!! Download different soap plodder machines on YouTube and watch how they work.

Is there any part of the machine you machined with lathe?
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
iHart:

When you say the cone is thick, what do you mean? Thickness affects the degree at which the soap receives the heat as well as withstand the pressure from the soap. How did you form the cone? The soap need not melt before it passes out of the plodder. If you don't have a gear reducer, you have not started!!! Download different soap plodder machines on YouTube and watch how they work.

Is there any part of the machine you machined with lathe?

I don't have a gear reducer, rather, they contract something like pressing Iron controller which I reduce and increase the speed of the motor. I know the soap doesn't need to melt but needs heat 50-60° for it to soften so as to make it smooth. If you don't mind, I need your phone number.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 7:02am On Sep 21, 2018
wambai80:

I don't have a gear reducer, rather, they contract something like pressing Iron controller which I reduce and increase the speed of the motor. I know the soap doesn't need to melt but needs heat 50-60° for it to soften so as to make it smooth. If you don't mind, I need your phone number.

I don't know how that controller works but like I stated before, if you don't have a gear reducer, you have not started. The gear reducer most correspond to the electric motor and work load it is expected to carry.

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2018
wambai80:

I actually biuld a cone (thick) immidiatly after the shaft which the soap will pass through after being pushed by the shaft. This cone is currently with an electrician which he will biuld some sort of hearing element, the cone will act as a heater so the soap will melt after passing through by the pressure of the hopper shaft before exiting as a molded long bars then cut the long bars by hand. And as per the cooling system, Man! I didn't Make any provision for that, maybe you will help me. I almost 4get to tell you, I now have the 5hp 3phase Motor, I even tested it with the hopper connecting it with belt aroun the pully. Any more advice, if you have pics pls send them. Thanks
I don't even know why you have to take the cone to an electrician. From what you have said, he will build a heating system and I can deduce that he will also add a temperature control. Won't it be more expensive than just building a containment vessel around the cone and use an ordinary water heater on it?
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2018
I need to see real pictures of what you are doing.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 8:18am On Sep 21, 2018
iHart:
I don't even know why you have to take the cone to an electrician. From what you have said, he will build a heating system and I can deduce that he will also add a temperature control. Won't it be more expensive than just building a containment vessel around the cone and use an ordinary water heater on it?

Ok! That will be good but from what you are saying, will water in the contentment vessel dropping on the soap or it's just to heat the cone? Will the containtment vessel be on top of the conveyor housing so that the cone will be insight the housing directly under the containtment vessel for it to conduct heat? I will definitely send you the pictures 2day, thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2018
wambai80:

Ok! That will be good but from what you are saying, will water in the contentment vessel dropping on the soap or it's just to heat the cone? Will the containtment vessel be on top of the conveyor housing so that the cone will be insight the housing directly under the containtment vessel for it to conduct heat? I will definitely send you the pictures 2day, thanks

you need to see a plodder in real life.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
iHart:

you need to see a plodder in real life.

Ok, with you by my side, I know I will make it.... Insha Allah. I've seen a picture how to mount an odnary water heater around the cone but I've already paid the electrician but all is well, it will work maybe even better than the water heater one and the speed reducer will work well becouse not all electricians know how to construct a speed reducer on electric motor in fact many of them told me it's not possible but this one make it very very well just like the once on YouTube...
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
wambai80:

Ok, with you by my side, I know I will make it.... Insha Allah. I've seen a picture how to mount an odnary water heater around the cone but I've already paid the electrician but all is well, it will work maybe even better than the water heater one and the speed reducer will work well becouse not all electricians know how to construct a speed reducer on electric motor in fact many of them told me it's not possible but this one make it very very well just like the once on YouTube...

Remember you want to get this done at a cheaper cost. So I suggest you still go with that water heater option.

...and I still repeat, if you don't use a gear reducer, it won't work. Forget whatever an electrician is building for you!!!

I doubt if you are actually building a plodder.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 12:53am On Sep 22, 2018
iHart:

Remember you want to get this done at a cheaper cost. So I suggest you still go with that water heater option.

...and I still repeat, if you don't use a gear reducer, it won't work. Forget whatever an electrician is building for you!!!

I doubt if you are actually building a plodder.

Hehehe... You can say that again. What is the essence of a gear reducer? Is it not to reducer the speed of the plodder so as to make the soap out at the required speed? Tell me if there is another reason for the gear reducer? Ok, now, if you reduce the speed of the motor, what will happen? Do you know that some plodders are connected to the motor directly? No belt, no gear, just regulate and increase the speed using the same technique I am using the only difference with mine is just that mine is connected to a belt. Your problem is that you sound's like an illitrate, how can I just put an odnary heater around the cone? I have a way of making the cone act as a heater. If I am fabricating a plodder, must I do it like your own? Yeah you once work with a soap factory, you fabricate your's like there own, so be it.,. Mine is different. In fact I am just pulling your leg asking you to help, I have someone from India helping me. And I am not like you, sharing my life on a public forum expecting me to send pictures of what I am doing. Huh, If I send pictures, someone will grab my idea. But that's exactly what you are doing. And you are sending quotation of almost a million naira while everyone on the forum is pulling your leg to get ideas. Go back to School BOY.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 2:28am On Sep 22, 2018
wambai80:

Hehehe... You can say that again. What is the essence of a gear reducer? Is it not to reducer the speed of the plodder so as to make the soap out at the required speed? Tell me if there is another reason for the gear reducer? Ok, now, if you reduce the speed of the motor, what will happen? Do you know that some plodders are connected to the motor directly? No belt, no gear, just regulate and increase the speed using the same technique I am using the only difference with mine is just that mine is connected to a belt. Your problem is that you sound's like an illitrate, how can I just put an odnary heater around the cone? I have a way of making the cone act as a heater. If I am fabricating a plodder, must I do it like your own? Yeah you once work with a soap factory, you fabricate your's like there own, so be it.,. Mine is different. In fact I am just pulling your leg asking you to help, I have someone from India helping me. And I am not like you, sharing my life on a public forum expecting me to send pictures of what I am doing. Huh, If I send pictures, someone will grab my idea. But that's exactly what you are doing. And you are sending quotation of almost a million naira while everyone on the forum is pulling your leg to get ideas. Go back to School BOY.

You revealed your intentions early. I purposely gave you information in piecemeal. Ok let me enlighten you small. A gear reducer does not just reduce the rpm, it multiplies the torque produced by motor. This is why you will find it very hard to turn the shaft with bear hands but with the gear attached, even a baby can turn the shaft. The gear has a way of converting small efforts to do more work. If you don't have it, you will never make a plodder!!! Even electric cars have gears, it is not about reducing or increasing the speed. It is also about adding "power" to the cars. This also applies to plodder. At least learn this from me, the illiterate.

About sending pictures, you know i have tonnes of it and i can share with anyone but i must see your commitment. Currently I am making a plodder for a client, and guess what? I am currently working on the cone of the plodder. If you can't decode what I meant by having a containment vessel with a an ordinary water heater around the cone, then i wonder what else you will understand. I have nothing to hide when it comes to machines because every information is on YouTube and the wider internet. There is nothing you are doing that is novel.

2 Likes

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2018
iHart:

You revealed your intentions early. I purposely gave you information in piecemeal. Ok let me enlighten you small. A gear reducer does not just reduce the rpm, it multiplies the torque produced by motor. This is why you will find it very hard to turn the shaft with bear hands but with the gear attached, even a baby can turn the shaft. The gear has a way of converting small efforts to do more work. If you don't have it, you will never make a plodder!!! Even electric cars have gears, it is not about reducing or increasing the speed. It is also about adding "power" to the cars. This also applies to plodder. At least learn this from me, the illiterate.

About sending pictures, you know i have tonnes of it and i can share with anyone but i must see your commitment. Currently I am making a plodder for a client, and guess what? I am currently working on the cone of the plodder. If you can't decode what I meant by having a containment vessel with a an ordinary water heater around the cone, then i wonder what else you will understand. I have nothing to hide when it comes to machines because every information is on YouTube and the wider internet. There is nothing you are doing that is novel.

I really don't blame you, cos you will never understand.... My first time of fabricating a plodder does not make me what you think I am. Well for your information, I have already extruded about 12kg so far with the same Plodder you said it wount work, though I made the soap base and hour before excusing it, therefore the soap was soft when I exclude it cos my heater is still not ready yet, but 2day, insh Allah, the heater will be ready, what can you say about that. And about adding power to the plodder, the speed will reduce but the power will remain. Have a great weekend.

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
Check this out...

Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
wambai80:

I really don't blame you, cos you will never understand.... My first time of fabricating a plodder does not make me what you think I am. Well for your information, I have already extruded about 12kg so far with the same Plodder you said it wount work, though I made the soap base and hour before excusing it, therefore the soap was soft when I exclude it cos my heater is still not ready yet, but 2day, insh Allah, the heater will be ready, what can you say about that. And about adding power to the plodder, the speed will reduce but the power will remain. Have a great weekend.

Very interesting, I must say. You started fabrication on the 16th and by 22nd, you are already extruding soap. That's wonderful! You are too much bros!!

Imagine your plodder has only cone, conveyor shaft, bearings, hopper, electric motor and pulleys, and today it is extruding. Maybe I should make arrangements to come learn from you. Your machine must be something from out of this world.

Do you even understand anything from those pictures you get from the internet and post here?

If I ask you to post the picture of the soap you extruded, you will say I want to copy your soap and produce mine so I won't ask you for it. Enjoy your soap. I wish you good market as you move to the market.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
iHart:

Very interesting, I must say. You started fabrication on the 16th and by 22nd, you are already extruding soap. That's wonderful! You are too much bros!!

Imagine your plodder has only cone, conveyor shaft, bearings, hopper, electric motor and pulleys, and today it is extruding. Maybe I should make arrangements to come learn from you. Your machine must be something from out of this world.

Do you even understand anything from those pictures you get from the internet and post here?

If I ask you to post the picture of the soap you extruded, you will say I want to copy your soap and produce mine so I won't ask you for it. Enjoy your soap. I wish you good market as you move to the market.

Maybe you didn't read my post very well, I said the heater is not ready but ive already excruded, test run the machine while the soap is still soft. And I design my plodder to excrude soap Noddles and change the die head so as to excrude the soap, in your case you fibeicate a crusher, mixer and plodder. But I fibeicate a plodder that serves as a crusher and refined the soap, I already have a mixer. Don't take it too high bros, dont be too emotional just because I didn't buy a plodder from you. And for the pictures, I can show you if you like even though you don't show us your plodder rather sending us hundred of thousands naira quotations. grin you sounds jealous, you think you are the only one that can fabricate things. You did not even fabricate your, you said it yourself, somebody help you in exchange for showing his brother how to make paint. Remember? grin grin grin
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by iHart(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
wambai80:

Maybe you didn't read my post very well, I said the heater is not ready but ive already excruded, test run the machine while the soap is still soft. And I design my plodder to excrude soap Noddles and change the die head so as to excrude the soap, in your case you fibeicate a crusher, mixer and plodder. But I fibeicate a plodder that serves as a crusher and refined the soap, I already have a mixer. Don't take it too high bros, dont be too emotional just because I didn't buy a plodder from you. And for the pictures, I can show you if you like even though you don't show us your plodder rather sending us hundred of thousands naira quotations. grin you sounds jealous, you think you are the only one that can fabricate things. You did not even fabricate your, you said it yourself, somebody help you in exchange for showing his brother how to make paint. Remember? grin grin grin

A plodder doing the work of a Crutcher, hmmm? Do you really know what a Crutcher does in soap making? In just few days, you have built a plodder coupled Crutcher without even a gear reducer. Bros your genius is in superlative! grin

Leave all these your gragra, and raise money first before thinking of setting up a soap factory!!!

By the way, what is your age and your level of education?

I am really enjoying our conversation here, that is why I am always coming back to reply. And every reply you make exposes your ignorance.
Re: Starting My Very Own Soap Making PLANT. 16 September, 2018 by wambai80: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2018
grin grin grin .... You are so... Illitrate I bet before your soap Currier your work is granding Maize and Millet. Cos you make it sounds like your machine is more of that. Though you did not fibricte the machine your self that's why. See this project. May be I will make a positive impact in your number 6.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download Games From Ocean Of Games / How To Find The Password For A Wi-fi Internet Connection / Free Consultancy On Inverter And Battery Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.