Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 (10443 Views)

States In Nigeria With Largest Internet Subscribers As Of March 2022 / NIN: TELCOs Record 11.8 Million Loss Of Internet Subscribers In 4 Months / Active Voice Subscribers Declined By 0.32% In Q4 2020 – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by IkennaAyiga: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
sadcry
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by scholes0(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
schoolboij:

Both of you are wrong. This data cannot determine real population as ogun is not more populated than Oyo or Kano. This data is affected by economic activities and education.

Voters registration can still be used to measure population but it also has it's shortcomings which is voters apathy and the incidence of under age voters in the north.

Ogun has overtaken Oyo in population tey tey.
I don't know about Kano.... Figures from the North as per population has always been unreliable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
scholes0:

Ogun has overtaken Oyo in population tey tey.
I don't know about Kano.... Figures from the North as per population has always been unreliable.

Ogun cannot overtake Oyo in population. The population of Ibadan alone dwarfs the population of four ogun biggest towns not to mention Oyo, Ogbomoso, saki etc.
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by scholes0(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
schoolboij:

Ogun cannot overtake Oyo in population. The population of Ibadan alone dwarfs the population of four ogun biggest towns not to mention Oyo, Ogbomoso, saki etc.

lol get a map. From Agbara to Ijoko to Sango Otta to Ifo to Ibafo to Abeokuta Itself, Shagamu, to Papalanto axis to Yewa side and Ado Odo to Ijebu Ode, Illishan Remo, Ijebu Igbo, Redeemers Camp, Ajuwon-Akute, Ogijo, Magboro, Ilaro, Atan Otta, Loburo, Igbesa Etc etc.
Are you still sure you want to continue holding that view?

And what do you mean by the statement ogun state "CANNOT" Overtake yo in population? Are population of places static or fixed entities such that they can not be different over a given period? Once upon a time, oyo state was more populous than Lagos state. Today we both know the present scenario.

The truth is that Ogun's population has overtaken than of Oyo bros.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
scholes0:

lol get a map. From Agbara to Ijoko to Sango Otta to Ifo to Ibafo to Abeokuta Itself, Shagamu, to Papalanto axis to Yewa side and Ado Odo to Ijebu Ode, Illishan Remo, Ijebu Igbo, Redeemers Camp, Ajuwon-Akute, Ogijo, Magboro, Ilaro, Atan Otta, Loburo, Igbesa Etc etc.
Are you still sure you want to continue holding that view?

And what do you mean by the statement ogun state "CANNOT" Overtake yo in population? Are population of places static or fixed entities such that they can not be different over a given period? Once upon a time, oyo state was more populous than Lagos state. Today we both know the present scenario.

The truth is that Ogun's population has overtaken than of Oyo bros.

I mean ATM, ogun state cannot be more populated than Oyo.
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by scholes0(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
schoolboij:

I mean ATM, ogun state cannot be more populated than Oyo.

Well, you can take it to the bank that it is.
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by caracas: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2018
AgbariOjukwu1:
My Alobam niggas will disagree , They will say it's Onitsha and Aba cheesy
N why shud they disagree
Afterall they own Lagos
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by Gazzy88(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
schoolboij:

I don't believe a learned person can say this. Ogun is far populated than Oyo now. Mowe,Magboro, Arepo and ibafo dwellers alone has outnumbered Ibadan populace and these placws are just under a single local govt (obafemi owode)in ogun state or you still want to argue??
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by OmoManU: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
My take from this news report

1. I think we can really use internet data subscription to guess the population of a geographical area or a state especially here in Nigeria where there is no accurate census data. Reason for internet subscriptions more than voice is because an average Nigerian uses minimum of 2 Sims in most instances but most likely subscribe on just one of the Sims.

2. I think I now believes that the population of Lagos should be 21m and above if not even up to like 27m if Ogun state is added to it. If 14m active internet subscriptions happens in a month, let's assume that's roughly a 85% representation of the adult population, and 70% of the total population, the rest 30% will be for the very olds dat doesn't really uses internet and the minors and the kids
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
Gazzy88:
I don't believe a learned person can say this. Ogun is far populated than Oyo now. Mowe,Magboro, Arepo and ibafo dwellers alone has outnumbered Ibadan populace and these placws are just under a single local govt (obafemi owode)in ogun state or you still want to argue??

Even if what you just said is true. Can abeokuta and the rest match the population of Oyo, Ogbomoso, saki and the rest? There's no way ogun is more populated than Oyo.
Re: Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 by Gazzy88(m): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
schoolboij:

Even if what you just said is true. Can abeokuta and the rest match the population of Oyo, Ogbomoso, saki and the rest? There's no way ogun is more populated than Oyo.
lol,na to just leave you to enjoy your ignorance. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will You Consider Using Tecno T484 With 4000mah Battery Which Last For 80days? / Techno T9 Phone Browsing Configuration Needed / List Of Phones That Will Get Android 5.0 Lollipop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.