Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Coca-cola To Start Producing Marijuana Infused Drinks. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coca-cola To Start Producing Marijuana Infused Drinks. (861 Views)

FCCPC Warns Coca-cola Over ‘misleading’ Products Labelling, ‘unfair’ Marketing T / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' / Coca-cola Invests $4billion In Marijuana-infused Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coca-cola To Start Producing Marijuana Infused Drinks. by Solidkay(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2018
Coca-Cola is said to be close to a deal that could see it infuse cans of soft drink with cannabis.

The US giant is said to be in ‘serious’ discussions with a cannabis producer as it looks to grab a slice of the burgeoning marijuana market.

A deal with the firm, Aurora Cannabis, could lead to Coca-Cola selling drinks infused with marijuana, which is said to have health benefits such as easing inflammation, pain and cramping.

The conglomerate is likely to use cannabidiol, known as CBD, to develop the drinks. CBD is the non-psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis that is said to help ease pain but without the buzz or high some users seek.

According to US-based Bloomberg news, sources close to negotiations said Coca-Cola and Aurora are ‘pretty advanced down the path’ of doing a deal. ‘It’s going to be more of a recovery drink,’ the source added.

If Coca-Cola seals a contract with Aurora it would be the first major soft drinks firm to make a move into the marijuana market.

Canada is set to legalise the recreational use of cannabis next month as more states across the US make it legal.

Coca-Cola to Start Producing Marijuana-Infused Drinks

Re: Coca-cola To Start Producing Marijuana Infused Drinks. by booblacain(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2018
This is the same marijuana that governments have jailed people for, the police have brutalised people for, ill-informed society tagged and victimized people for.

Nigeria, you better drop your parochial and I'll informed sentiments and wake up before this train pass you by.
Re: Coca-cola To Start Producing Marijuana Infused Drinks. by hahn(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
booblacain:
This is the same marijuana that governments have jailed people for, the police have brutalised people for, ill-informed society tagged and victimized people for.

Nigeria, you better drop your parochial and I'll informed sentiments and wake up before this train pass you by.

We have not been known to use our resources to their best capabilities.

We have bamboo but import toothpicks
We have crude oil but import fuel and it's refined products
We have lots of fertile land but we import food
We have some of the world's finest brains but we import Indians and Lebanese to do high paying jobs

I just realized that if I continue listing I won't be able to go to sleep tonight but you get the picture smiley

(1) (Reply)

Come And Start This Business That Will Change Your Life / Outsource Your Market Research And Business Reports Projects / 10 Benefits Of A Website For Businesses in This Civid-19 era

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.