Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,297 members, 7,954,183 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Effects Of Attending A Private Or Public School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Effects Of Attending A Private Or Public School (266 Views)

Pastor Ibiyeomie Donates A Public School In Rivers (Pictures) / Oriwu Model College Ikorodu Emerges Best Public School In Nigeria / Public School In Anambra Using Ankara Material For School Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Effects Of Attending A Private Or Public School by jarmy: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2018
Ok, maybe the title of this post should be "the advantages and disadvantages of public/private schools." I choose "effects" because it is expected that the respondent graduated from a private secondary school to a Private university or from a private secondary to a public university or from a private university to the real world or from a public university to the real world.

What was your experience in your new school/environment? Did you at any time feel disadvantaged?

My Experience

I had no problem graduating from a public primary school to a public junior secondary school. most of us in my peer group where of the same economic class.

My problem started when my parents transfered me from a public secondary school to a private secondary school. I just couldn't fit in because most of my peers were "aje butters." I can remember being rejected and bullied severally.

From a private secondary school I was admitted into a public university. The first thing a liked about this transition was the freedom. There were all kinds of people in the school: the rich, the poor, the average, the good, the bad and the ugly. I had to choose wish class to belong and change my choice as occasion demands. Contrary to popular belief that freedom is dangerous, I was well behaved in school. Within this time, I was able to build a strong personality. the changes in my life at this stage were rapid.

Graduation from a public university to the real world was, hmm..., challenging. I realised that I wasn't as exposed and informed as most of my mates. I had to quickly acquire some soft and hard skills that will help me in the workplace.

What's your experience. Are you in support of private or public schools?

(1) (Reply)

We Have Offered Admission To 200,00 Candidtates - JAMB / Make $100 In A Day. Not A Joke / AE-FUNAI Advert For The 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.