Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Book Review: Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Review: Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother (276 Views)

Book Review: The Smart Money Woman By Arese Ugwu / Book Review: "The Builder Never Stops" - Nelson Igwe Uko / The Teeth Of The Tiger By Tom Clancy Book Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Book Review: Battle Hymn Of The Tiger Mother by SynCityNg: 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Book Review: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

The other day, I tweeted about how I never attended sleepovers in my friends’ houses while growing up just because my mom never agreed to them. Someone responded that I must have had a miserable childhood. This just reflects how judgmental people can be when it relates to parenting techniques.

The book Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother is a memoir that examines this issue through the parenting strategies adopted by the author, Amy Chua. She compares the Chinese model of parenting which has been condemned by many as harsh with the western style of parenting. In her words, “Asian mothers have been portrayed as scheming, callous, overdriven people indifferent to their kids’ true interests.” Notwithstanding, a lot of Asian Kids have turned out to be prodigies and whizzes in various fields. I can’t help but wonder if this might be the the reason why they excel better than their contemporaries... https:///2NUk8Vn

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria (the Big Tree) / Proofreader Needed Urgently. / CRAVING And DEPRIVATION By Nengim Brighten Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.