Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. (635 Views)

PDP Disowns Wabara For Allegedly Endorsing Otti For Second Term / Obidients Drags ALEX OTTI For Not Purchasing "Made in Nigeria Vehicles" / Innoson Thanks Alex Otti For Using IVM For Abia Inauguration Parade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Iceathome(m): 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
APGA as a party has a RELATIVELY coherent political master plan that is uniform but unfortunately, the party hasn't really controlled many states. But what they have on ground speaks for them. Consider Peter Obi, Obiano and Rochas Okorocha in his first tenure (before he veered off on his own accord to join these musketeers) show a consistent legacy of focus on welfarist orientation and long-term plan of economic solidification. Otti has multiple programs along that line. For instance, there's an Aba master plan that stretches the Aba metropolis to as far as Ukwa, with various PPP and private-sector-driven viable housing estates development aimed at the middle class business people in Aba to Own houses and to decongest the current Aba city. There is also provision for low-cost housing but the emphasis is on creating house OWNERS and not just offering the people housing for tenantry residence. This way the State will greatly combat the sociological and economic burden and nuisance on the state associated with people living decades in Aba without having a home of their own. Payment for these houses would stretch over many years, like we have in western countries. The industrialization policy is something else and it will be fast. But it starts with providing the infrastructures that will make viable economic activities and industrialization feasible.
Unknown to many, as far back as late 2014, Alex Otti had contracted a foreign consortium on his own that carried out an airborne survey of Aba and came up with a strategic development masterplan of the City. This explains why he kept saying he would create a Ministry of Aba Affairs once elected as Abia State governor by 2019. He maintains that Aba will generate the resources to develop it, like Lagos State because the city's potentials are enormous.
Alex Otti also has a plan to integrate our rural communities with the urban centers by connecting them with roads. Alex Otti plans to develop farming communities in Abia.
In Otti we stand

1 Like

Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Shookonekilla: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
Cement gets more expensive due to this government imposed dangote Monopoly

Monopolies drive prices high while.healthy competition allows prices remain dynamic

1 Like

Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by fergie001: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
I am Abian and not from Aba.....

Policies of the contestants have surrounded Aba,
Otti hasn't differed...

My question to him is that....
Is Aba the only place in Abia that needs intervention?
What are his programmes for other zones in Abia asides Aba?
Thank You....

1 Like

Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by superlightning: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Iceathome:
APGA as a party has a RELATIVELY coherent
political master plan that is uniform but
unfortunately, the party hasn't really controlled
many states. But what they have on ground
speaks for them. Consider Peter Obi, Obiano
and Rochas Okorocha in his first tenure (before
he veered off on his own accord to join these
musketeers) show a consistent legacy of focus
on welfarist orientation and long-term plan of
economic solidification.
Otti has multiple programs along that line. For
instance, there's an Aba master plan that
stretches the Aba metropolis to as far as Ukwa,
with various PPP and private-sector-driven
viable housing estates development aimed at
the middle class business people in Aba to Own
houses and to decongest the current Aba city.
There is also provision for low-cost housing but
the emphasis is on creating house OWNERS and
not just offering the people housing for tenantry
residence. This way the State will greatly
combat the sociological and economic burden
and nuisance on the state associated with
people living decades in Aba without having a
home of their own. Payment for these houses
would stretch over many years, like we have in
western countries.
The industrialization policy is something else
and it will be fast. But it starts with providing
the infrastructures that will make viable
economic activities and industrialization
feasible.

Unknown to many, as far back as late 2014,
Alex Otti had contracted a foreign consortium
on his own that carried out an airborne survey
of Aba and came up with a strategic
development masterplan of the City. This
explains why he kept saying he would create a
Ministry of Aba Affairs once elected as Abia
State governor by 2019. He maintains that Aba
will generate the resources to develop it, like
Lagos State because the city's potentials are
enormous.

Alex Otti also has a plan to integrate our rural
communities with the urban centers by
connecting them with roads. Alex Otti plans to
develop farming communities in Abia.

In Otti we stand

I am not doubting otti's technocratic pedigree, but am asking, how politically sensitive and dexterous is he in taming the political rashness Nigeria practices?

Rochas and Peter obi were former apga flyers, why exactly did they leave? I know apga has been factionalized? What caused it?

Pls enlighten me, maybe I may soon begin to blow apga's trumpet if am convinced
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by EzeOnyembo: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
There's no space in Umuahia , OVI we know.....
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Iceathome(m): 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
Digest the write ups very well , you will understand why Aba always mentioned above all other place, Aba is the economic base of the state. Secondly, other LGAs are in his programme. Maybe, I will put up his 2019 manifestoes here immediately after primaries.

Dr. Alex Otti is the only option for development in Abia State. Let all Abians join hand to deliver Abia from pdp 20yrs of misrule and greediness.

fergie001:
I am Abian and not from Aba.....

Policies of the contestants have surrounded Aba,
Otti hasn't differed...

My question to him is that....
Is Aba the only place in Abia that needs intervention?
What are his programmes for other zones in Abia asides Aba?
Thank You....

Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Xander85: 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
I hope this man wins! Then again, i'm reminded that this is Nigeria; the electorate may overwhelmingly back a candidate, but there are other.....shall we say 'factors' that take precedence in deciding the eventual outcome of the election! sad
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by EzeOnyembo: 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Xander85:
I hope this man wins! Then again, i'm reminded that this is Nigeria; the electorate may overwhelmingly back a candidate, but there are other.....shall we say 'factors' that take precedence in deciding the eventual outcome of the election! sad

It would be better to have Uche Ogah than that short criminal Otti but both of them are no match when Dr OVI is mentioned.
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by fergie001: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
Iceathome:

Alright,I think Abia deserves better....
So I will place whatever you have told me here under advisement, perhaps until I see what his 2019 manifesto looks like for Abia,Aba inclusive.....
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Iceathome(m): 4:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
Yes, As soon as the manifesto comes out. I will alert you.
Among all the aspirants, Otti is most assured.
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Iceathome(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
fergie001:

Alright,I think Abia deserves better....
So I will place whatever you have told me here under advisement, perhaps until I see what his 2019 manifesto looks like for Abia,Aba inclusive.....

You don't expect a candidate to display his
blueprint for the development of a state on the
pages of newspapers. Alex Otti won't do that
because such blueprint is produced from many
years of researches and consultancy and should
remain his exclusive copyright.
Engage him in private or public discussions to
extrapolate a guide to his focus and direction.
However, one thing is sure: Alex Otti is
profound, pragmatic, exposed and well
connected at home and overseas.
He has, by way of his stubborn disposition and
non conformity, broken away from the
godfathers, godmothers and god-sons who
have milked and sucked Abia dry.
According him "Abia resources will be deployed
to develop Abia State".
Today, investors are afraid to put their money
on Abia because they have some sensitive intels
that are not available to the ordinary man.
Moreover, the state is heavily indebted due to
the recklessness of the previous managers.
Dr. Alex Otti will bring his excellent experience
in the financial services sector to bear and
restore the level of confidence required for
accelerated development.
Anambra was in a similar situation and Peter
Obi did it...
Alex Otti can do it better.
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by fergie001: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Iceathome:

You don't expect a candidate to display his
blueprint for the development of a state on the
pages of newspapers. Alex Otti won't do that
because such blueprint is produced from many
years of researches and consultancy and should
remain his exclusive copyright.
Engage him in private or public discussions to
extrapolate a guide to his focus and direction.
However, one thing is sure: Alex Otti is
profound, pragmatic, exposed and well
connected at home and overseas.
He has, by way of his stubborn disposition and
non conformity, broken away from the
godfathers, godmothers and god-sons who
have milked and sucked Abia dry.
According him "Abia resources will be deployed
to develop Abia State".
Today, investors are afraid to put their money
on Abia because they have some sensitive intels
that are not available to the ordinary man.
Moreover, the state is heavily indebted due to
the recklessness of the previous managers.
Dr. Alex Otti will bring his excellent experience
in the financial services sector to bear and
restore the level of confidence required for
accelerated development.
Anambra was in a similar situation and Peter
Obi did it...
Alex Otti can do it better.
Fair enough....
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by fykes(m): 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2018
Alex otti is a seasoned banker. But pls do tell, how has his years in the bank affected Abia so far.?
What has he done so far that we should trust him with our common wealth?

Uche Ogah is an entrepreneur I see his vast projects
Ikpeazu managed environment in aba.

I dont see Alex's prints anywhere even in his village
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by Iceathome(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
Pls.. kindly do your positive and comprehensive research very well to know his effort in humam capacity development in Abia and Nigeria at large. Besides what are OUK. TA ORJI and Ikpeazu achievements in Abia before they become governor.

fykes:
Alex otti is a seasoned banker. But pls do tell, how has his years in the bank affected Abia so far.?
What has he done so far that we should trust him with our common wealth?

Uche Ogah is an entrepreneur I see his vast projects
Ikpeazu managed environment in aba.

I dont see Alex's prints anywhere even in his village
Re: This For Abians In Nairaland- Support For Dr. Alex Otti For Governor. by SouthEastFacts: 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
I am APGA membership card carrier, but I don't trust the party to again to protect Igbo interest. Okezuo is an idiot, but he has my vote.

(1) (Reply)

INEC Just Declares Osun State Election " Inconclusive" / FFK Calls Mama Taraba Poor And Dumb, After She Dumped APC For UDP / How Did Nigeria Win Its Independence From Great Britain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.