Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

For Writers Only - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / For Writers Only (268 Views)

For Professional Ebook Writers ONLY! / [UPDATED] Fiverr For Writers Or Interested Writers. / Iwriter (The Unrecognized Treasure)for Writers Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For Writers Only by Fatodax(m): 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
I was reading some posts on the business trend on nairaland, and I was able to infer from many of the posts that writers, especially beginners, will encounter several difficulties in their authorial adventure. This difficulties will cover areas such as titling, proofreading and editing, introduction and getting reviews for their works. The truth be told - writing is as difficult as flying a jet or an aeroplane - it demands utmost attention and consistent failure. However, for those who are already planning on putting their works online, on platform such as kindle, some failures are to be avoided, because that will mean sending a bad impression or creating a bad reputation for your career. I will mention just one thing and first thing a writer should do before attempting to publish:
A writer must proofread and edit his/her work. A writer should not attempt to write at all if he/she cannot proofread or edit his/her work. Also, he/she must beat it in mind that proofreading could be easily done by him/her to detect the grammatical infelicity or his/her utterance, but the fact remains that, to do a proper editing will require a professional touch as there are dimensions to writing. These dimension range from the lexis, collocation, syntax and discourse levels to mention a few. You might be able to escape a few brilliant criticism,but if your work has failed in its many linguistic respect, your work which might have sold will earn little or no positive reviews on platforms such as Amazon. My research over the years as to the failure of many African writers in ebook production has revealed that grammatical infelicity and puctuation gap hindered lots of progress. In short, my company, johnfatodax incorporation sets out to profer solution to these problems. You can reach me on 08037397932 or fatodax@gmail.com. We edit for at a very low. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING News:skye Bank’s Plc Licence Withdrawn As NDIC Appoint Bridge Bank Pola / Strategic Human Resource Management / Need Someone To Purchase From Seoclerk For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.