Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India (41501 Views)

Nigerian Man And His Indian Wife Arrested For Duping Government Of Over N15M / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic / Nigerian Man And His Indian Girlfriend Arrested For Duping Job Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by DemonUnderSiege: 11:04am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
Why do all these Asian Police love snapping photos with Nigerian criminals caught in their country. Seems they need it for promotion.

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by dododawa1: 11:09am On Sep 20, 2018
Is BUHARI fault

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by j1mmy: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Nobody reads trash again.

Nobody means you - because you are nobody.

In the meantime, as you are seeing many IGBO people getting caught these days it's because people (aka SOMEBODY) are actually taking this serious.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin

grin grin grin
FukaFuka.. you no go kee person with laugh for this nairaland
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2018
j1mmy:

Nobody means you - because you are nobody.

In the meantime, as you are seeing many IGBO people getting caught these days it's because people (aka SOMEBODY) are actually taking this serious.

Meaningless
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Azam101: 11:19am On Sep 20, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
Million of these people are languishing in foreign prisons all over the world
My question is how can they now send bubu back to 'Daula' with millions of them on death row
Typical flatinoz Daura not Daula!
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2018
wittyt98:
U Just Gotta Love These Developers grin
They Never Disappoint grin
no be name I com check, I no dat one tey tey, na d wife face I com check .
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
A Nigerian ex-footballer, who is a former State-level football player, and his Indian wife were arrested on Monday in India for duping people on the pretext of custom clearance for gifts sent by them, the police said on Wednesday, Times of India reports.

They have duped a social worker, the police said.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Anto Alphonse said that the accused, identified as Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor, who has played for three State-level teams in Chennai and Kerala, and his wife were arrested from Dabri on Monday.

The police said that the social worker, who runs an NGO, approached them and said that one George Moor, a UK-based man, had requested her to accept gifts for the poor in India.

She said she then got a call from a woman, who claimed that she was from the Customs Department and that the complainant would have to pay money to receive the gifts. The victim paid over ₹1 lakh on two occasions. She, however, got suspicious after more money was demanded.

After she approached the police, an investigation was taken up and bank account details were sought. The CCTV footage of the ATMs from where the deposited money was withdrawn were also scanned, after which the accused were arrested.

“During interrogation, it was found that Nwafor is from Nigeria. In 2009, he had come to India on a business visa. In 2012, he came in contact with the woman [his co-accused] through Facebook, who is from Assam. They later started living together in Delhi and eventually got married,” Mr. Alphonse said.

The police said that Nwafor made several fake Facebook accounts approach people through the social media. After taking them into confidence, he used to tell them about sending precious gifts for them. His wife used to pose as Customs officer and call them, they said.

The police claimed to have recovered over ₹6 lakh that they had collected by from different people by cheating them.

Mobile phones, jewellery, laptops among other articles have also been seized, the police further said.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-ex-footballer-wife-held-for-fraud-in-india/

Idiotic Pigs of Biafra (IPOB) making Nigeria proud since 1960

We hope they get their own country as soon as possible, so that other Nigerian tribes can be free from their bitterness, criminal mentality and delusions of tribal superiority.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by nanfan: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2018
manikspears:

what is it then,my professor ?
Biafran citizen an IPOB soldier for that matter.....
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Itzurboi(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2018
Fukafuka:
grin
See as people dey lap like sey nah molue... lmao
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by FitnessHomme: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2018
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Itzurboi(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2018
Duara NCAN Command: This Man is not a Igbo but a South Eastern candidate... Over i repeat(x3)
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by meforyou1(m): 11:41am On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
gst 121
where is india located
africa
asia
middle east
is middle east a continent?
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by TundeHashim(m): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
so india na asia
No mind am, India deh Europe. In even share border with Spain.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justtoodark: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
shey na olomo igbo...??
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justtoodark: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
look how dey pose in the photo like family reunion....kiiiikikikiki.....

Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by rampantlover: 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nigerians hmmmm grin cheesy grin cheesy ...is it curse or what? grin cheesy
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by drakeli: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
Why do all these Asian Police love snapping photos with Nigerian criminals caught in their country. Seems they need it for promotion.
They are even smiling to the camera like it’s the criminal’s birthday.
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by Yankee101: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Why ummuna? Giving us bad name up and down. Imagine you have your own country and this is what you become known for
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by taytee(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
damiloladuke:
Lolssss
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justuschi50: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
ziddy:

Idiotic Pigs of Biafra (IPOB) making Nigeria proud since 1960

We hope they get their own country as soon as possible, so that other Nigerian tribes can be free from their bitterness, criminal mentality and delusions of tribal superiority.
wonderful, them tell ur Nigeria to give us independent and let see u poverty will embrace, just because u yorubas don't have a place after nigeria is not d reason u pple should be margarinising d ibo. a tribe with no future
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justuschi50: 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:
shey na olomo igbo...??
pls use English, yoruba disease
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justuschi50: 3:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Olumeme:
I know say na Igbo he go be.
They will do anything for money.
afonjas pple again leave us alone since u pple and ur northern have been unable to solve Nigeria problem despite been in power since nigeria creation isn't better for 9ja to change leader
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justuschi50: 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
excomarow:

E pain nam

Then tell your people to stop committing all sort of crimes. If you focus on dis, then you guy are OK. Biko
your problem are greater then our so stop laughing at yourself
Re: Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India by justuschi50: 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
j1mmy:

No, I am not Afonja, the fact you mentioned a single tribe out of several hundreds speaks volumes about you mental intelligence.
Take a wild guess how many tribes there are in Nigeria and the endless possibilities of which I belong to.

My mission is different from yours, mine is to find the cancer that renders Nigerians persona non grata in many parts of the world, if it were Idoma, Hausa, Efik, Igbira, Yoruba or Kanuri I will concentrate on them, it just so happens that after 20 years of research all over the world IGBO are the culprits - tribalism or not it must be brought to bear!

I will not rest until All Nigerians and the global community know what IGBO people have done for over 50 years with Nigerian passports and the resulting effects on other Nigerians!

I continue to work with social media, Nigerian embassies, charity missions, police forces, Interpol, physical observation, statistics and indices to make sure IGBO agenda of crime masquerading as "business" is seriously reduced or ended!
so in ur mind we ibo are nigeria problem, i hate pple who don't see before talking
,yes ibo are involve in drugs but is d drug addiction of ibo that spring up d problematic nigeria pls oga go and research well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Herder Attacks Housewife For Resisting Rape Attempt In Abuja / 100 Cows Killed In Taraba By Gunmen In Military Uniform. Photos / Police Flee In Sapele As Okada Men Go On Rampage After Death Of Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.