Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Uruguay Vs Netherlands - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uruguay Vs Netherlands (537 Views)

Brazil Vs Netherlands 3rd Place Match In Pictures / Brazil Vs Netherlands: World Cup 3rd Place (0 - 3) On 12th July 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uruguay Vs Netherlands by Dynisty: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
The World Cup Fever continues even though all the African teams are out, sad sadly,

Join us in the Dream Lounge (www.1africa.tv) to discuss all the ups and downs of the World Cup Football games,
Catch us online in studio tonight at 8:30 CAT as we enjoy the game between Uruguay (aka the Cheaters) vs Netherlands,

What are your predictions about the game,

(www.1africa.tv)
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by snowdrops(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2010
well what can i say. who would have predicted that Uruguay would make it this far at the start of the tournament and that Holland would get to the semis by not only beating Brazil but not losing a single match.

I believe any prediction at this stage is nothing more than "gbo-gben-ta".
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by Dynisty: 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
I think nobody predicted Netherlands beating Brazil. In fact, here in South Africa so many Brazilians bought tickets for the Semi-finals believing they would be in. Cape Town is filled with Brazilians who came over for the Semi-finals only to be disappointed with their loss to Netherlands.
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by snowdrops(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
I bet virtually all of them would have returned home. I cant imagine them having to endure the ordeal of watching their conqueror holland blasting uruguay on their way to the final.

That must mean therefore some cheap tickets on the black market.
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by Dynisty: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2010
Actually they bought their tickets in advance, Some of them are quite pricey and the accommodation as well, Would you leave if your team got kicked out but you already purchased expensive tickets and booked the hotel? I doubt anyone would really just leave. Besides they could still enjoy visiting South Africa, What I saw was Brazilians getting their tickets from the hotel for todays game, Crazy I know,
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by snowdrops(m): 4:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
Just over 3 hours before kickoff. Cant wait.
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by Dynisty: 7:24am On Jul 07, 2010
So Netherlands Won! grin Wish it had been 4-0. But a win will do.
Re: Uruguay Vs Netherlands by snowdrops(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
Well like we discussed before the game, it was a close one from the score line 3-2 and could have gone either way.

For me i was kinda supporting the underdogs ie Uruguay.

(1) (Reply)

Who Wins U-20 Nigerian Womens Championship / ++++aspiring Footballers Only Thread+++ / Madagascar: Nff Turns To Eguavoen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.