Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? (568 Views)

Please Help Me Decify What’s Happening With My Instagram Account / What Is Happening To Glo Network / Something Great Happening Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by toluls(m): 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
After some bad experiences with some Nigerian web hosting companies, I decided to stick to foreign hosts. I use foreign web hosts for all my personal projects.

I later saw a review of lekkihost.com here on Nairaland and decided to try them out, been using them for small client jobs. It's been lots of ups and downs with them but since I only use them for small jobs, I just keep managing.

But this is becoming alarming. For about two weeks now, they have been unreachable. Not replying emails, not responding to support tickets, not picking up their customer care line (09081177716), switched it off after a while.

I paid for the renewal of two domain names last month which are to expire this month and next. I paid more than a month in advance- August 9. They didn't renew them as they claimed on August 15. Now one of the domains has expired and the other will soon expire. They did NOT renew both of them and have not been responding.

Is anybody facing the same with them? Does anybody know what is happening? How does one explain this to the clients?

I need to move all my domains and websites out ASAP. But they are no longer responding.

cc: lalasticlala

Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by Cyberl33t: 5:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
Flee from useless Nigerian host without physical address here in Nigeria!!

So far the only good host in Nigeria is Whogohost!!

The rest are some hungry host looking for peoples sure to destroy!!

I see a Lotta dem here advertising their useless service... I just scrow past.

1 Like

Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by toluls(m): 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Their number is still switched off and no response to emails.

cc: adewasco2k , Slyr0x kindly move to front page so we get inputs. Clients are on my neck.
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by fghanni(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
eya
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by toluls(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2018
nawa oo
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by GreatManBee: 8:14am On Oct 06, 2018
toluls:
nawa oo
I have about 5 domains with them. Two have expired despite thr fact that I've paid for their renewal.

I even try transfering the domains to another host but they need to remove the registrar lock. I cannot get them to do that.

Some guys went to their office in lekki last month but their office is locked and neighbors said they have not been open for 3 weeks.

It's unfortunate.
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by mcqwerty(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2018
GreatManBee:

I have about 5 domains with them. Two have expired despite thr fact that I've paid for their renewal.

I even try transfering the domains to another host but they need to remove the registrar lock. I cannot get them to do that.

Some guys went to their office in lekki last month but their office is locked and neighbors said they have not been open for 3 weeks.

It's unfortunate.

End of story.
Guy take heart.
Move to another host.
Try Whogohost or any other foreign host (godaddy,namecheap,ipage,inmotion,etc)
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by fastseo: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2018
angry you see trouble, you take ur hand de find trouble.

Dont do any business with any Nigeria hosting service provider. they don't have the facilities to cope for top long.
light issue is another challenge they are facing plus stiff competition.

namecheap, domainking if it's ng are there,

Dont try godaddy they don't have customer care at the moment.
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by hostkobo(m): 10:02am On Oct 06, 2018
toluls:
After some bad experiences with some Nigerian web hosting companies, I decided to stick to foreign hosts. I use foreign web hosts for all my personal projects.

I later saw a review of lekkihost.com here on Nairaland and decided to try them out, been using them for small client jobs. It's been lots of ups and downs with them but since I only use them for small jobs, I just keep managing.

But this is becoming alarming. For about two weeks now, they have been unreachable. Not replying emails, not responding to support tickets, not picking up their customer care line (09081177716), switched it off after a while.

I paid for the renewal of two domain names last month which are to expire this month and next. I paid more than a month in advance- August 9. They didn't renew them as they claimed on August 15. Now one of the domains has expired and the other will soon expire. They did NOT renew both of them and have not been responding.

Is anybody facing the same with them? Does anybody know what is happening? How does one explain this to the clients?

I need to move all my domains and websites out ASAP. But they are no longer responding.

cc: lalasticlala

Hi there,

Not again.

Yes, just called their number and still switched off.

Their website still seems operational. I hope word gets out to ppl out there before new customers start signing up with them.

Have you been able to recover your domains?

If you can trace LekkiHosts registrar, you could shoot them a mail, call, etc.

I could help out. Msg me on whatsapp - my details below.

regards
HK
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by serverman: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2018
Sorry bro, next time use QServers.net they are based on Allen avenue in ikeja, I use them.
Re: What's Happening With Lekkihost (lekkihost.com) ?? by toluls(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
GreatManBee:

It's unfortunate.

hostkobo:

Hi there,

Not again.

Yes, just called their number and still switched off.

Their website still seems operational. I hope word gets out to ppl out there before new customers start signing up with them.

Have you been able to recover your domains?

If you can trace LekkiHosts registrar, you could shoot them a mail, call, etc.

I could help out. Msg me on whatsapp - my details below.

regards
HK

Very unfortunate. I already took up the case and sent a complain mail to ICANN. ICANN responded and I sent them details, screenshots and all. They said they'll follow up with the registrar. Lekkihost finally replied my support ticket about 3 days ago, saying they had a management change and bla bla. Renewed one domain the following day and the other one was done yesterday.

Don't know if ICANN contacted them yet or they just came around on their own.

I'll moving my domain names gradually. Can't take chances anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Original Christmas Offer For Business Owners / Paypal Account / Golden Opportunity To Work From Home... Get Paid Weekly..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.