Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Lagos State Ten Point Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Ten Point Agenda (9439 Views)

APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda / 10 Point Agenda For President Jonathan / How Realistic Will Yaradua's 7 Point Agenda Be After 18 Months In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by farayiola(f): 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2010
Lagos State Ten Point Agenda

The Lagos state government has the following ten point agenda to meet the needs of the citizens of Lagos State.

Roads - Aggressive road rehabilitation in all local government areas; construction of new roads and bridges, construction of coastal roads, dualisation of Ikorodu-Itokin-Epe and LASU-Iba roads, expansion of Badagry expressway, and construction of Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge.

Transportation - Integrated Mass Transit Programme with emphasis on road, rail and water transportation services through LAMATA via a private public participation consisting of: strengthening of traffic management mechanisms, execution of the first state run rail services, construction of light rail and stimulation of private sector investment.

Power/Water supply - Lagos IPP (Emergency Facility) – 270MW (1st phase); Lagos IPP (Permanent Facility) – 540MW (2nd Phase).
Environment/Physical planning - Making Lagos a model city state; introduction of community-based for sustainable development; establishment of a Disaster Management Agency (“DMA”); and aggressive implementation of emission control standards.

Health - Deepening of current free health-care programmes; expansion of primary health-care programmes; pursuit of secondary health-care; strengthening of the marine ambulance and emergency medical services; and improvement of medical personnel welfare.

Education – Establishment of millennium schools in all local government councils; re-engineering/refurbishment of primary schools; rehabilitation and maintenance of existing schools and libraries; provision of school furniture/equipment; curriculum review/entrepreneurial training; functional scholarship system; and self sustaining tertiary education.

Employment – Introduction of Graduate Empowerment Programme (20,000 graduates in year one); drains ducts and waste management (10,000 new jobs); and export processing zone (20,000 new jobs).

Food security – Empowerment of farmers/fishermen cooperative societies; facilitation of sustainable food production and processing; and support for strategic food preservation and farm settlement development.

Shelter – Provision of affordable mass housing schemes; facilitation of a liberalized mortgage system; and new/satellite town development.
Revenue enhancement – diversification of revenue sources; widening tax net; effective revenue collection mechanism; and database development.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
I salute this list.
If these could be done, Lagos will be great, but has to be ready for the drastic increase in population.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by paddylo1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
Good well thought out. . .Development bullet points

The impressive thing is that most of the things on the list are already being done

such as the expansion of lagos badagry express,construction of Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge,light rail first phase awarded,construction of health centres and so on
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^^ They are really good
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by Kennyblues(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2010
I wish FG could do same withs its seven point agenda, BRF cudos to you
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by dolu2007(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2010
Fashola is the MAN!

Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by 4tune1(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
BRF get no rival even the Federal Govt.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by gbengapro: 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
As expected, cyber sycophants are already at work. 10-point agenda my foot.
Now let us review Fashola's performance 3 years in office on his 10 point agenda
Roads:  how many km of roads has he rehabilitated in Lagos in 3 years?  How many new roads has been constructed? Has the road to your own house been rehabilitated? The answers are that he has only rehabilitated few high profile roads to get public attention.  Over 90% of Lagos roads are still bad, pot-hole ridden and not motorable. Score= 10%
Transportation: Fashola did not do BRT, Pedro (not even Tinubu) did. BRT has been implemented by Fashola wrongly and has caused more congestions for motorists. There is also no accountability and transparency in the scheme. And only a minority of lagosians enjoy BRT. Most still move around in molue and danfos.  Where is the integrated transportation he promised. Only exists on paper. Score= 15%
Power and Water: where is the new power project?Do you have clean piped water in your own house? Less than 10% of lagosians enjoy public water supply from the state water corporation-a cesspool of corruption that has gulped billions of public funds. Score= 2%
Health: the state is riddled with poor health infrastructure. If in doubt, visit Ikeja general hospital for treatment and share your experience. Score= 5%
Education: where are the millineum schools in the LGAs? Lagos schools are sub standard and facilities are dilapidated in many schools. If in doubt, visit your local primary school near your house. Score 10%
Employment: Lagos is riddled with millions of unemployed. This Govt has aggravated the problem by closing and demolishing markets, levying high taxes on businesses and creating a disabling environment for businesses. They have only created jobs for their political thugs in lastma uniforms and lawma street cleaners. Score 5%
Shelter: no new low cost housing in 3 years, arbitrary charges an land and building transactions, Corrupt land policies, etc have created the worst housing crisis ever in Lagos. If in doubt, try and rent a room or apartment and share your experience. Score 5%

The honest truth is that Fashola thrives on propaganda and lies. He has done little to improve the lots of the masses in Lagos. He only plant flowers on the highway and make noise in the media.
I tried to be as objective as possible.  If you have undisputed facts to counter my scoring please come forward.  No insult or abuses, just facts please
My conclusion is that Fashola so far is a failure and have corruption allegations hanging on his neck.
We are waiting for him and his sycophants to seek re-election.  We shall then release more facts
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by DisGuy: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
Now let us review Fashola's performance 3 years in office on his 10 point agenda

This is the koko right there!! these 'agendas' had no time-line

at least FG said 6000mw by December 2009 and we all say they failed

I will still vote Fashola but we need more than just bullet points

What happened to

aggressive implementation of emission control standards.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by olafolarin(m): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2010
gbengapro:

Roads: how many km of roads has he rehabilitated in Lagos in 3 years? How many new roads has been constructed? Has the road to your own house been rehabilitated? The answers are that he has only rehabilitated few high profile roads to get public attention. [b]Over 90% of Lagos roads are still bad, pot-hole ridden and not motorable. Score= 10%[/b]Transportation: Fashola did not do BRT, Pedro (not even Tinubu) did. BRT has been implemented by Fashola wrongly and has caused more congestions for motorists. There is also no accountability and transparency in the scheme. And only a minority of lagosians enjoy BRT. Most still move around in molue and danfos. Where is the integrated transportation he promised. Only exists on paper. Score= 15%
Power and Water: where is the new power project?Do you have clean piped water in your own house? Less than 10% of lagosians enjoy public water supply from the state water corporation-a cesspool of corruption that has gulped billions of public funds. Score= 2%
Health: the state is riddled with poor health infrastructure. If in doubt, visit Ikeja general hospital for treatment and share your experience. Score= 5%
Education: where are the millineum schools in the LGAs? Lagos schools are sub standard and facilities are dilapidated in many schools. If in doubt, visit your local primary school near your house. Score 10%
Employment: Lagos is riddled with millions of unemployed. This Govt has aggravated the problem by closing and demolishing markets, levying high taxes on businesses and creating a disabling environment for businesses. They have only created jobs for their political thugs in lastma uniforms and lawma street cleaners. Score 5%
Shelter: no new low cost housing in 3 years, arbitrary charges an land and building transactions, Corrupt land policies, etc have created the worst housing crisis ever in Lagos. If in doubt, try and rent a room or apartment and share your experience. Score 5%

The honest truth is that Fashola thrives on propaganda and lies. He has done little to improve the lots of the masses in Lagos. He only plant flowers on the highway and make noise in the media.
I tried to be as objective as possible. If you have undisputed facts to counter my scoring please come forward. No insult or abuses, just facts please
My conclusion is that Fashola so far is a failure and have corruption allegations hanging on his neck.
We are waiting for him and his sycophants to seek re-election. We shall then release more facts

Do you live in Lagos or you live in the world of your own imagination?You are living in denial.fashola is so many things to different people but he can never be called a sycophant.You need to take your hypocrisy and bad belle to oyo,ekitzi,osunn and Ogun states where failure and fund embezzlement is the order of the day.
Pedro and Tunji Bello only took part in the organisation and take-off of the BRT system but it was initiated by Asiwaju bola tinubu.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by olafolarin(m): 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
Fashola recently commissioned 103 classrooms in one day which is more than the classrooms built by all PDP governors put together.
Mini Water works with IPP was recently commissioned which will boost water generation and distribution to lagosians.

We should put hands together and support what is good.fashola is the best in Nigeria.
We thank Bola Tinubu for giving us such a performing governor.

While Akala was bleaching skin and refusing to pay teachers salaries,Oni busy increasing school fees from N20k to a staggering N200,000 and owing civil servants up to 6 months salary arrears,Gbenga daniel killing every opposition,seeking N100B from Bond Market at the twilight of his adminstration.-fashola was delivering dividends of democracy in every facet of lagos lives.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by mensdept: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
There's no need to overpraise. Yet we shouldnt give credit when credit is due. Fashola, with perhaps the toughest jobs on Naija is doing way better than the whole of SW+SE combined.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by Kennyblues(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2010
gbengapro:

Roads:  how many km of roads has he rehabilitated in Lagos in 3 years?  How many new roads has been constructed? Has the road to your own house been rehabilitated? The answers are that he has only rehabilitated few high profile roads to get public attention.  Over 90% of Lagos roads are still bad, pot-hole ridden and not motorable. Score= 10%
Transportation: Fashola did not do BRT, Pedro (not even Tinubu) did. BRT has been implemented by Fashola wrongly and has caused more congestions for motorists. There is also no accountability and transparency in the scheme. And only a minority of lagosians enjoy BRT. Most still move around in molue and danfos.  Where is the integrated transportation he promised. Only exists on paper. Score= 15%

I tried to be as objective as possible.  If you have undisputed facts to counter my scoring please come forward.  No insult or abuses, just facts please
We are waiting for him and his sycophants to seek re-election.  We shall then release more facts

Gbengapro, this is an indication that you are truely an ally of Alao Akala having read your post on Akal and Alake saga. You exhibited your ignorance on that thread and here you are again exhibiting ignorance again in double folds

Can you compare fashola's achievement to Akala's achievements in 3 years in office,  pls change your ways and make constructive criticism of any situation.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by hercules07: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2010
My problem with the Lagos State Government is the state of primary education in the state, it is nothing to write home about, a lot of money is paid to private schools, these monies could have been used for other things in the State's economy, the Government of Fashola should make Education its number one priority.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by dlox01(m): 11:54am On Jul 07, 2010
gbengapro:

Roads:  how many km of roads has he rehabilitated in Lagos in 3 years?  How many new roads has been constructed? Has the road to your own house been rehabilitated? The answers are that he has only rehabilitated few high profile roads to get public attention.  Over 90% of Lagos roads are still bad, pot-hole ridden and not motorable. Score= 10%
Transportation: Fashola did not do BRT, Pedro (not even Tinubu) did. BRT has been implemented by Fashola wrongly and has caused more congestions for motorists. There is also no accountability and transparency in the scheme. And only a minority of lagosians enjoy BRT. Most still move around in molue and danfos.  Where is the integrated transportation he promised. Only exists on paper. Score= 15%

I tried to be as objective as possible.  If you have undisputed facts to counter my scoring please come forward.  No insult or abuses, just facts please
We are waiting for him and his sycophants to seek re-election.  We shall then release more facts

FROM UR TWISTED ANALYSIS, I GUESS IF FASHOLA CONVERTS THE MONEY SPENT TO BUY BLEACHING CREAM AND FREE AMALA IT WOULD MAKE YOU A VERY HAPPY B*$CH WOULDNT IT
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by dlox01(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2010
hercules07:

My problem with the Lagos State Government is the state of primary education in the state, it is nothing to write home about, a lot of money is paid to private schools, these monies could have been used for other things in the State's economy, the Government of Fashola should make Education its number one priority.
THIS IS YOUR OPINION RIGHT? WELL, WHAT HAPPENS TO THE ROADS TO THE SCHOOLS, THE HEALTH OF THE CHILD GOING TO THE SCHOOL, THE EMPLOYMENT OF THE PARENTS OF THE CHILD,THE SECURITY OF THE CHILD AND THE LECTURERS, HOW WOULD THEY LIVE?WHERE WOULD THEY GO AFTER SCHOOL, IS IT UNDER THE BRIDGE OF A SMALL AFFORDABLE HOUSE?HOW DO THEY TRANSPORT THEMSELVES TO SCHOOL?IS IT SAFE OR THEY MIGHT END UP AT IGBOBI? SO MANY THINGS SURROUNDS YOUR OPINION OF PRIMARY EDUCATION IN THE STATE,A GENERAL OVERHAUL IS NEEDED AND I THINK HE IS DOING A GR8 JOB, JUST GIVE HIM MORE TIME!!!
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by Kennyblues(m): 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2010
hercules07:

a lot of money is paid to private schools, these monies could have been used for other things in the State's economy, the Government of Fashola should make Education its number one priority.

Did Fashola pay those money to private school, think guy
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by hercules07: 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
Kennyblues:

Bros make I no fight you o, what I am saying is if the public schools were okay, the money being paid to the private schools will be used more productively, I am ready and willing to pay a % of what I pay private schools to Lagos State Government in form of say education tax or whatever. Primary and Secondary school education should be "free", qualitative and compulsory. The two levelers in this world are education and the internet(not yahoo yahoo o). People speak about graduates being dumb, the problems started before they got in to higher institutions.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by nulldev: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2010
Kennyblues:

I am sure he is referring to a tax (at least I hope so). I actuality think that is a fair point. Fashola has done a very good job so far but education is one area I think he is not doing enough.
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by yeencar(m): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2011
So where is the state on this. has anyone started noticing anything?
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by djustice: 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2011
farayiola:

The Lagos state government has the following ten point agenda to meet the needs of the citizens of Lagos State.

Roads - Aggressive road rehabilitation in all local government areas; construction of new roads and bridges, construction of coastal roads, dualisation of Ikorodu-Itokin-Epe and LASU-Iba roads, expansion of Badagry expressway, and construction of Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge.

[b][list]
[li]Very few roads in any local government. None in mine. The WHOLE of Ikorodu, Epe, Badagry, Alimosho, Ibeju-Lekki, Eti-Osa, Ifako-Ijaye and others are still waiting for this point number one to be executed. Fashola ko, Fash-ole ni![/li]
[li]No new roads or bridges yet[/li]
[li]Ikorodu-Itoikin-Epe is a federal road and is being done by FERMA, a federal agency. This point is a blatant fraud[/li]
[li]Coastal Road in Eti-Osa to Ibeju Lekki is still not touched. NOTHING DONE THERE TILL TODAY[/li]
[li]Badagry Expressway Expansion is a World Bank/ECOWAS/FG/LASG project, so it was going to be done anyway, whether they promised or not. Another fraud. [/li]
[li]Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is not being constructed by Lagos State. It's being done by LCC. We understand it's going to be a TOLLED ROAD also. Owned by LCC. Another fraud, unless they're telling us that LASG owns LCC.[/li]
[li] LASU-Iba Road had already been expanded and collapsed due to bad design by LASG at the first rains in March. This agenda was posted in July. Another fraud.[/li]
[/list][/b]

Transportation - Integrated Mass Transit Programme with emphasis on road, rail and water transportation services through LAMATA via a private public participation consisting of: strengthening of traffic management mechanisms, execution of the first state run rail services, construction of light rail and stimulation of private sector investment.

Power/Water supply - Lagos IPP (Emergency Facility) – 270MW (1st phase); Lagos IPP (Permanent Facility) – 540MW (2nd Phase).
Environment/Physical planning - Making Lagos a model city state; introduction of community-based for sustainable development; establishment of a Disaster Management Agency (“DMA”); and aggressive implementation of emission control standards.

Health - Deepening of current free health-care programmes; expansion of primary health-care programmes; pursuit of secondary health-care; strengthening of the marine ambulance and emergency medical services; and improvement of medical personnel welfare.

Education – Establishment of millennium schools in all local government councils; re-engineering/refurbishment of primary schools; rehabilitation and maintenance of existing schools and libraries; provision of school furniture/equipment; curriculum review/entrepreneurial training; functional scholarship system; and self sustaining tertiary education.

Employment – Introduction of Graduate Empowerment Programme (20,000 graduates in year one); drains ducts and waste management (10,000 new jobs); and export processing zone (20,000 new jobs).

Food security – Empowerment of farmers/fishermen cooperative societies; facilitation of sustainable food production and processing; and support for strategic food preservation and farm settlement development.

Shelter – Provision of affordable mass housing schemes; facilitation of a liberalized mortgage system; and new/satellite town development.
Revenue enhancement – diversification of revenue sources; widening tax net; effective revenue collection mechanism; and database development.

Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by djustice: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2011
farayiola:

Very few roads in any local government. None in mine. The WHOLE of Ikorodu, Epe, Badagry, Alimosho, Ibeju-Lekki, Eti-Osa, Ifako-Ijaye and others are still waiting for this point number one to be executed. Fashola ko, Fash-ole ni!

[b][list]
[li]No new roads or bridges yet
[li]Ikorodu-Itoikin-Epe is a federal road and is being done by FERMA, a federal agency. This point is a blatant fraud
[li]Coastal Road in Eti-Osa to Ibeju Lekki is still not touched. NOTHING DONE THERE TILL TODAY
[li]Badagry Expressway Expansion is a World Bank/ECOWAS/FG/LASG project, so it was going to be done anyway, whether they promised or not. Another fraud.
[li]Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is not being constructed by Lagos State. It's being done by LCC. We understand it's going to be a TOLLED ROAD also. Owned by LCC. Another fraud, unless they're telling us that LASG owns LCC. It's part of the Concession Contract that was signed with LCC, as is the Coastal Road and the Lagoon Foreshore Road.

Specifically, that agreement states that there shall be no alternative routes provided by the State government into or out of the "Concession Area" for the duration of the concession. That means NO ALTERNATIVE ROUTE WAS EVER PLANNED, contrary to the lies by Fashola, who, by the way, drafted that agreement while he was Chief of Staff to Bola Tinubu, the beneficiary of the Agreement.
[li]LASU-Iba Road had already been expanded and collapsed due to bad design by LASG at the first rains in March. This agenda was posted in July. Another fraud.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[/b]

Their so called "emphasis on road" is a farce. See above.
Rail is a World Bank Funded project, and at best is a drop in the ocean compared with what is actually needed, and at GROSSLY INFLATED costs. It is possible some World Bank officicials are benefitting personally from this project through backhanders.
Water Transportation is a joke. No large volume water transport, and investors are afraid, because Fashola and Tinubu are just looking for people to scalp. Ask the existing operators. Oh, I forgot, they're joint ventures with either Fashola or Tinubu, or both

The so called emergency facility is supply into the national grid.
Instead of creating a new grid, using the NERC Act, they're using the lazy option of just inviting private sector operators in which they own shares, to set up and feed into the faulty national grid. This is partly why nobody is falling over themselves to exploit the obviously potentially profitable Lagos power market. Corruption in Lagos State and official stupidity at the highest levels have made the market non-existent.

As regards water, the "mini water works", which Fashola "commissioned" to much fanfare during the re-election campaign in Langbasa and Ikorodu are not supplying water to peoples homes. At Langbasa, it's no longer working. In Ikorodu, people are taking buckets to the premises to fetch water after paying a fee at the gate.

Physical Planning WHAT A FUC-KING RIOT!!! There is no such thing in Lagos State. The Physical Planning Ministry exists to make money, not regulate planning. The result is the frequent building collapses you see all over the place.

Deepening Their Pockets is the only policy they know here. Tinubu owns ALL the pharmacies in all the general hospitals, including the one at LASUTH. He owns the BT Diagnostic Centre in LASUTH, the Mortuary in LASUTH, the Critical Care Unit in LASUTH, and the recovery ward building there. LASUTH is more expensive than a lot of private hospitals.

Re-engineering, my bottom. Children are falling into pit latrines in Lagos State schools, LASU has had 32 courses de-accredited by the NUC and the WAEC failure rate is the new index by which we measure performance in Lagos public schools. At the moment, it's over 60% in Lagos.

I don't know about Graduate Empowerment Programme or drain ducts and waste management. All I know is that I see a lot of unemployed graduates milling about, looking for what to eat. The employees we see in KAI and LASTMA are certainly no graduates. Area boys made good, all. Where were the drain ducts and waste management people during the last flood?? The 20,000 jobs at the Export Processing Zone is a BIG FAT LIE. The place is empty. Tinubu recently raised the price of one hectare there from $1m to $2m, and people are refusing to invest. I REPEAT, IT IS EMPTY. 3000 hectares of emptiness is what the place is.

I know they made some big noise about a rice for jobs scheme at Ketu, near Epe and launched it with a lot of fanfare. I drive past the place every now and again, and it's also another lie. Empty land. Nobody there. I challenge anyone to refute this.

We know they're not providing ANY mass housing of any sort. The mortgage system and satelitte town developments are stolen PDP ideas mentioned by at least two of the aspirants for the PDP ticket during their campaign.

This is one area where they've done excellently. They're now collecting more money than ever from Lagosians, that's for sure. But are we seeing the money I certainly can't. I know it doesn't cost that much to plant flowers and beautify federal roads.

Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2011
;d ;d :d :d :d ;d ;d :d :d :d
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by djustice: 12:02am On Aug 12, 2011
[size=50pt]farayiola[/size],  angry angry angry

come and defend your "ten point azz-genda"!!!
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Ten Point Agenda by dplordx(m): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2011
@farayiola

Oh booooooooohy! Nor let them Fash-goons grab you o grin
Them go rip you apart!

@all:
abeg ignore farayiola becos ignorance is bliss cool

(1) (Reply)

Constituents Move To Recall Farouk Lawan / Boko Haram Kingpin Arrested In Adamawa, Bomb Factory Closed / Normalcy Returns To Recaptured Towns In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.