Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,225 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Helpthis People Please - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helpthis People Please (601 Views)

My People Please Where Is Shekau ? / This Thread Is For All Concerned Rivers People, Please Come In And Save Rivers / People Please Help Me. I'm Hungry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helpthis People Please by experts: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
Please i don't no if you can help some people get there story to the air?

They need help and Government intervention.

Initially,the industry they work owe them 4 months salary and when they strike to express themselves,the company sack most of them and the rest quickly get back in to avoid being sacked. They did not pay the sacked workers salary not to talk of the gratitude, after working for over 10 years. now the rest of them that got back inside are still facing much stress as the sacked once. they currently owe them 9months salary ,they have tried all they could without any result. please help this people. The Industry name is Global Soap and Detergent Industry,located in asadamroad ilorin kwara state.
Re: Helpthis People Please by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2010
Pardon my ignorance, but why would you wanna work for a company that aint paying you?
What have they got to lose if they are fired, they were not getting paid anyways.
Re: Helpthis People Please by oderemo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2010
The Industry name is Global Soap and Detergent Industry,located in asadamroad ilorin kwara state
contact the state governor,
BUKOLA SARAKI, that is his name.
try NLC.
TRY THE IMAM / pastor.
Re: Helpthis People Please by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
Why not petition the nigeria labour union and other trade unions to intervene.NLC may be interested since it's a case of casualisation.
Re: Helpthis People Please by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Why not petition the nigeria labour union and other trade unions to intervene.NLC may be interested since it's a case of casualisation.

If i were the head and you contacted me with this kinda story, i will ask you why would you go back and dont wanna be fired, and yet you are not being paid?
Re: Helpthis People Please by stormm: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
grin grin grin Meanwhile Chief Samel Adedoyin dey do big society man. fake industrialist, make the man go pay his debts jare!
Re: Helpthis People Please by Fhemmmy: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^^ Only in Nigeria
Re: Helpthis People Please by stormm: 8:24am On Jul 07, 2010
Small time now Chief Adedoyin go do birthday. Some boot-lickers go read citation - 'philanthropist', lover of the masses bla bla bla.
Re: Helpthis People Please by dolu2007(m): 9:41am On Jul 07, 2010
Too bad
Re: Helpthis People Please by 1luvkipsus: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2010
I don't understand; U and your colleagues weren't paid for months, u guys protested, some left or were sacked while some of u went back to avoid been sacked, and now you have not been paid for Nine months. First and foremost, I want to say that you are a sell - out and a sycophant. Why did you go back in the first place? Only God knows the kind of salary you are expecting. Go get a life my friend. The only constant thing on earth is CHANGE, so change your job!! I'm sure many of your friends that left are faring better now.
And to Chief Samel Adedoyin, remember that God's watching you. You can not pay poor people's salary but you have enough to marry plenty wives, celebrate birthdays for them, yourself and your concubine. Don't you have any shame at all? Nemesis will catch up with you some day.
Re: Helpthis People Please by experts: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2010
if you don';t no what to say, then you shut up.

I do not work there but i saw those that works there and i also witnessed there strike last year.

They wrote letter to the state house without any result.

the company promise to pay gratitude to the sacked workers but they didn't.

this people have been working in this company for over 10 to 20 years and you just expect them to walk away and start looking for another jobs.

i don't believe what you guys are saying
Re: Helpthis People Please by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2010
1luvkipsus:

I don't understand; U and your colleagues weren't paid for months, u guys protested, some left or were sacked while some of u went back to avoid been sacked, and now you have not been paid for Nine months. First and foremost, I want to say that you are a sell - out and a sycophant. Why did you go back in the first place? Only God knows the kind of salary you are expecting. Go get a life my friend. The only constant thing on earth is CHANGE, so change your job!! I'm sure many of your friends that left are faring better now.
And to Chief Samel Adedoyin, remember that God's watching you. You can not pay poor people's salary but you have enough to marry plenty wives, celebrate birthdays for them, yourself and your concubine. Don't you have any shame at all? Nemesis will catch up with you some day.
i have a little knowledge on how casualization works in nigeria.most companies employ people on contract basis; promised to make them permanent staff after they might have work for a certain period of time but these employers would quickly lay them off when the stipulated time is approaching.the essence of it is to prevent from claiming pension and gratuity as permanent staff including other entitlement.
After the evil send-off of these people by their employers,they would call them again to be re-employed as new staff entirely.those who felt short-changed by the ill-treatment always walk away while the others stay and work only to be treated the same old way.

(1) (Reply)

Only Naija / Kidnapped Journalists Released / Kidnappers Have Foreign Collaborators - Ig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.