Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers (2298 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? / The meaning of " la vida loca" (photo) / The True Meaning Of Success. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by Abeycityng(m): 6:12am On Sep 21, 2018
back in those days at the barrack the only abusive language we know was WANKA by stretching out our five fingers towards the person we want to abusive. i thought it was only being used by nigerians and mainly by those who knows how to speak the pidgin english.. so i was watching an american movie on my laptop using earpies then i heard this same language WANKA but it was spelt as *self-servicer* on the subtitle which only +18 individual understand... i hope you now understand
Re: True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by Abeycityng(m): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2018
Type WAN and add KER to complete the word and nairaland lacastilala admin will help you to define it.. try it and see the MAGIC!... JUST JOIN THE TWO WORDS TOGETHER and post it as a comment and see ya comment
Re: True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by jaijay(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2018
Sorry to burst ur bubble bro, its a Hausa word pronounced as "uwarka" meaning "YourMother" like yorubas will say "iya ye"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by Greyworld: 7:12am On Sep 21, 2018
jaijay:
Sorry to burst ur bubble bro, its a Hausa word pronounced as "uwarka" meaning "YourMother" like yorubas will say "iya ye"
You know book.

2 Likes

Re: True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by emmie14: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2018
jaijay:
Burst am. He no de hear word.
Sense de inside your head. This explanation makes better meaning

2 Likes

Re: True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by Abeycityng(m): 7:20am On Sep 21, 2018
Sorry to burst ur bubble bro, its a Hausa word pronounced as "uwarka" meaning "YourMother" like yorubas will say "iya ye" We Learn EveryDay smiley
Re: True Meaning Of Wanka!! Using Your Five Fingers by okwabayi(m): 9:14am On Sep 21, 2018
I'm surprised people existed who didn't know what waka meant. I knew it even as a six year old.
Okay, let me teach OP something also: there are places in this very Nigeria where the curse means nothing. For it to work the natives need to come across a sizeable Hausa population. This is not the case in many places.
The insult doesn't move me anymore because I see it as wasted energy on the person's part plus I haven't heard it in near ten years so before it can get me emotional the moment will long pass.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fox: Site Admin of NaijaYouth.com / ***nairaland Gurlssssssssssssss*** / Photo: Are We Still Safe ? See The Human-dog Hybrid Sold To The Super Rich !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.