Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Sex Workers Demand Alternative Brothels In Onisha - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sex Workers Demand Alternative Brothels In Onisha (1212 Views)

How Greedy GTB Workers Demand Money From Customers To Gain Entrance Into Banking / Wild Fire All Over Onisha Road(eye Witness) (photo) / Governor Of Anambra Has Finally Ban Okada Riders From Akwa And Onisha (see Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sex Workers Demand Alternative Brothels In Onisha by OrientDailyNews: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2018
By Phil Okose
Onitsha

Commercial sex workers in Onitsha, Anambra state, have called on the Anam­bra state government to provide alternative brothels for them following the destruction of their make-shift structures along some strategic points at Upper Iweke, Marine, Ochanja round-about axis, among others.

Reacting to the demolition, one of them who simply identified her­self as Ekator, from Cross River state said, “we no longer have cus­tomers, the governor has closed our market by demolishing the shanties we use in the night to help men who are pressed.
“Most of these men cannot afford the exorbitant hotel bills but with the shanties they enjoy themselves and leave,” she revealed.
“Here we collect like N500, N1000 or above, depending on cal­iber of customer. If they are travel­lers their case is not the money but to satisfy them immediately and they go their way.

“It is bad market here in Uper Iweka since the demolition. The se­curity men, like police, that some­times come and patronise us, don’t even come again because there are no make-shift structures to stay.

“We help them enjoy the money they extort from innocent people but now you hardly see them and if they pass we just wave hands.
“Let Obiano provide us with al­ternative places to make money because we cannot steal. We are too mature to steal and some of us have been in this business for 15 years and above.

“We have our families to feed and pay for their school fees. Where I am living now from where I came to this Upper Iweka every night I pay house rent,” she disclosed.
Also, at Ochanja round-about axis a teenager who spoke to Ori­ent Weekend said, “I don’t want you to know my name because no­body feeds me.

You people have demolished our structures and you want to know how I feel about it. Well, since you want to know I feel bad. Where will I stay with my customer and have sex, may be in your room.
“A beg, go tell your governor that we are jobless and that he should help us by providing alternative brothel for us.

“It is from the proceed I get that I pay my school fee at one of the tertiary institutions in Awka. I voted for the governor but he has voted me out by demolishing the structures. Tell him am not happy with him and those he sent that did the bad work.”

At the Marine, a woman told Orient Weekend that, “nothing is happening here again.”
“Fishermen who sometimes give us fish, police, warders and others have disappeared because there is no structure again to stay and make merry.

“This regime is the worst for us, bad market every day, nobody is asking us about our wares, tufiak­wa,” she exclaimed

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/cover-story/sex-workers-demand-alternative-brothels/

Lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Sex Workers Demand Alternative Brothels In Onisha by AuschwitzPrefec: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
Viva Biafra !

(1) (Reply)

A Popular Business Mogul In Anambra Is Dead: Chief Ogbuawa. / See Why India Man That Saved Over 50,000 Snakes Was Hospitalised / What's Keeping You Awake? Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.