Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

- Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / (1157 Views)

Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / See Complete List Of Nigerian Army Rank And Salary, You Will Be Shocked / Nigerian Police Rank And Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by 2extremes(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2018

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by chucks185: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
GOOD ADVICE

1 Like

Re: by Hahjascho(m): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
good, restoration already coming ur way
Re: by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Mods front page plssssss
Re: by GdexFolami(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nice piece op.
Na the problem wey I get with all these religious guys( i'm not an atheist grin )for school b that ,they think if you're not reasoning the same way they are reasoning,you're an enemy.
Mingle with people of different set,collate and aquire experiences + orientations ,thou don't allow them to influence you negatively and know what you're doing .
Study very well ,socialize within your leisure time and save your money starting from your 100l days.
Sometimes you need to downgrade your lifestyle to upgrade your future.

You can achieve everything...
Grades,
Friends,
Connections ,et cetra
It all boils down to you.
Re: by psychologist(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
Nice read
Re: by hischosen: 1:58am On Sep 22, 2018
hmmm.....I really learnt from this
Re: by Ibrahim94(m): 6:55am On Sep 22, 2018
What a recourse! I really learned from ur post bro. That is the situation where are facing in this country. If you are not connected, to make it Won't be DT easy, unless GOd just favour you. But at the long run, we shouldn't allow that one to daunt us. God bless our hussle.
Re: by Tochukwu18: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2018
2extremes:
This is my real life experience and I hope some people will learn from it.
First. Let me thank Mr. Anthony for helping me raise part of my house rent. For some weeks now, I have been in depression as regards my house rent. He is the reason why I can use my personal experience to advice people reading this. I know by God's grace, I will meet the balance before month-end deadline my landlord gave to me.
First, I will like to address the undergraduates before advising the salary earners.
To the undergraduates reading this, please you still have the time. Learn one or two skills aside your course of study while still on campus. It will really help you alot. When I say learn a skill, I mean something completely different from your course of study. Like in my own case, I learnt several skills and attended several training, but all the skills i learnt are all about my course of study. So I am restricted to only one field. If I have learnt one or two other skills outside my course, I could have had something to fall back to when I lost my job.
Secondly, To all undergraduates, make many friends as much as possible while in school. Like Reno Omokri said in his nugget, " Don’t go to school to only get a degree. Go there to make friends. Many times, the friends you make in school will be more important to your success than the knowledge you gained in school. Connections are more vital than corrections".
Yes, it was until I left school that I realized that life is not only about getting a good grade from the university. Making good friends and connections while in school is better than making good grades. Yes, I made friends but the friends I made were around the academics and GP circle. I made Zero political friend, zero social friend, few fellowship friends, I didn't attend Local government student's association, I didn't participate in any sporting activity, all because I wanted to come out with good grades. Sincerely, as I talk, the first set of people who got a good job in my class are those with poor grades but made good friends and connections on campus. A very political active student in my class who was always in the forefront of any student protest got a connection to the senator representing our school constituency, he helped him win the school during election, the senator appreciated him back by giving him a federal government job. Another classmate who was politically active and aluta conscious was employed by the school because they want to use him to always calm the students anytime there is riot. About 2 other people who made good friends and connections while in school are working in good standard companies based on connection and not merit. The shocking things about all these guys is they are those who came out with third class and pass degree. Some even had extra year due to the different activities they participated in while on campus. Am not underscoring the importance of good grades, my point is making good friends and connections is as important if not more important than making good grades.

To the Salary earners, especially those working in a private company, please, never ever think you have a secured job or future. Please, save and invest a fraction of your income to fall back to incase you lose your job. Don't ever think you can't lose your job. You never can tell what the management or board of your company are planning or what they are up to. You may go to work tomorrow and receive a letter that your service is no longer needed. The worst is those who are working for a company owned by one man. If anything should happen to the man, the company folds up. If the man runs into debt, all the staff will be laid off. If you are not in good terms with the owner of the company, you will be sacked.
In my own case, a month after I got a job, I started M. Sc (You know I told you I like book). Shortly after I started, my company divested into another business and my technical service was no longer needed. I and other staff of the company never saw it coming. The M. Sc is currently on a standby. I have missed alot of assignments and test. The last exam they did, I was so broke that I couldn't afford transport fare to go for it. If I have invested the money spent so far on the M. Sc on a business, I would have had something to fall back to now.
Reno Omokri also said in his nuggets that If you really love your children, get a business, not a job, because when you die your children cannot inherit your job, but they can definitely inherit your business. So when you close from work, don’t go and watch television. Go home and think of a business idea.
Though am still single now, but if I had thought that nobody will inherit all the certificates I have, I would have started a business instead of going for an M. Sc.
Well, I have learnt my lesson and I have shared with you. I hope to recover very soon and be back on track.
Thanks.
Cc Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Lion042
Thanks for the reminder bro. Funny enough, some won't take this serious.
Re: by ogunmourinho(m): 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
thanks
Re: by akaahs(m): 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
A wise man ll always male is decision round those point ur raise up there.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Private Tutor For Autocad / . / PGD In Biochemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.