Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Lyta’s Journey So Far Under Olamides Ybnl Records - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lyta’s Journey So Far Under Olamides Ybnl Records (990 Views)

Olamide Sign Bbnaija Winner “LAYCON” Into YBNL Records / Lyta Buys A Car At The Age Of 18 (Photos) / Olamide Sign New Act “yomi Blaze” To YBNL Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lyta’s Journey So Far Under Olamides Ybnl Records by Meloshi(m): 1:37am On Sep 22, 2018

YBNL LYTA SAYS, “THEY ARE CONFUSED ABOUT MY AGE” Lyta is a young promising artist. Although he’s shy and new to the camera, there’s this air of confidence behind all the shyness. It reminded me of the popular notion of ‘beauty behind the madness.’

He was recently signed to YBNL and he; up to this point has no words to express his joy and disbelief because according to him, it is a dream come true.

In this interview, he talks about his music career journey and the struggles he faced before entering into the limelight. When asked what other jobs he would be doing if not music, he said,If I no dey sing, I don turn Alfa be that”

How did you get the name Lyta?

The name was given to me by Dj Stramborella, he saw me at a show performing and people were clapping and shouting. The day after, he invited me to his house, told me he has a record label in Dublin and asked for my name, I told him my name was Opeyemi and he asked me to change it to Lyta, so that’s how I got the name Lyta.

What’s your birth given name?

My real name is Opeyemi Babatunde Rahim.

You did a cover of ‘IRE’ by Adekunle Gold. In the song, you talked about being looked down on, what was that’s about?

It was like, going for shows I wasn’t invited for, they look down on me because of my size. I still begged to perform, but they won’t let me until almost the end of the show when everyone already left, with no one to clap for me. So I always ended up performing for just the DJ and MC.

Now that you are “out there” do people still underestimate you because of your stature?

“I don’t know O, maybe they think I’m a small boy that can’t sing, but I know I can sing; I’m trying sha”.

Have you ever been bounced from a show?

Yes, severally from clubs, but I won’t mention names. They bounced me saying “who are you? You are too small to enter the club”. I just wanted to perform there, for people to feel me; maybe they thought I came for the alcohol and smoke but I don’t drink or smoke. I only went there to perform, that was my only reason for going there.

How did music start for you?

I started singing when in “Ile- kewu” they call it Arabic School, I used to sing with my alfa, Muslim songs. Later on, I joined a school friend who does hip-hop. I joined him because I liked the way he sings and we started singing together. I started going for freestyle competitions, then later went to the studio.

How old are you?

I am sixteen (16) years-old. People do not believe it though. Some say I’m 20, others say I’m 12, 8 and so on. They are just confused

What is your greatest achievement?

My greatest achievement is getting signed to YBNL. It makes me thank God every day because I don’t believe it, I only used to dream of it. I am happy because I was accepted into the industry and on the street, they show me love and I’m grateful.

What genre do you classify your music under?

My music is Afro-pop. I sing in Yoruba because that’s the easiest way for me to express myself but you will listen to some of my songs soon that are not in Yoruba.

Is it just music for you and if not music, what would it be?

I was once a barber, engineer (I fixed generators) na everything I don do” and if I’m not singing, “I don turn Alfa be na”

If you were to wake up in another celebrity’s body who would it be and why?

If I am to wake up in any celebrity body it would be Olamide Badoo, because he is very hardworking and all his songs are hits, back to back.

Who are your top five Nigerian artists?

My top five Nigerian artists are; Tuface, Olamide, Wizkid, Reekado Banks and 9ice.

Which artist would you give anything to collaborate with?

“Na Reekado Banks o; I don dey dream of Reekado since last year. None of im songs wey I no know, you dey whine me? Make I don feature am, e don finish; I don belle full”.

Which Nigerian female artist would you love to collaborate with?

I would love to feature Tiwa Savage because she can sing anything.

How does it feel to be recognized?

I just cry when I see my fans cheering and shouting my name; I mostly don’t believe it, I’m very happy and I appreciate them a lot. God bless you guys for showing me love.

Do you have a target fan base?

My music is for everybody, especially for the streets.

Source:- http://www.lekkigists.com.ng/2018/09/lytas-journey-so-far-under-olamides.html

Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Davido Baby Mama Sophie Momodu Looks Radiant In Topless Makeup Photos / Comedian Klintdadrunk Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday With Adorable Photos / This Is Why Wizkid & Tiwa Savage Are "DATING"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.