Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie (467 Views)

9ice Will Be Voting Donald Duke As President In 2019 / Bobrisky: "I Won’t Stop Crushing On Kcee Till He Comes To Pay My Bride Price" / Sean Tizzle: "When Someone Says Vote Buhari In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 22, 2018
Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie who few weeks ago announced his interest to contest for the Presidency in the 2019 general elections, has disclosed why he has dropped the decision. 

Yul Edochie who disclosed that he was not under any form of threat to drop the decision on contesting for the presidency, had written on Twitter; 

“After due considerations and consultations, I will no longer run for President of Nigeria in 2019. To my supporters, worry not. I remain committed to building a new Nigeria that works for all, irrespective of class, tribe or religion. Together we shall achieve it.”

In an interview with Saturday Beats, the actor said; 

“I made it obvious, after due considerations and consultations, I decided not to run for the post of the presidency anymore,” he said.

On if he will contest for another political position, Yul Edochie said he could not ascertain at the moment if he would.

“Right now I can’t say, but I remain fully committed to building a better Nigeria. I explained to my fans that they have nothing to worry about, it is a huge thing so you do a lot of consultations and put things in place and if certain things are not well placed, it is better not start or there will be issues. But I am fine; they shouldn’t feel I was threatened by anybody,” he added.

https://lailasnews.com/why-i-wont-run-for-presidency-in-2019-yul-edochie/

Lalasticlala

Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by Bluezy13(m): 5:09am On Sep 22, 2018
Hmmm...

This is the reason I maintain that the youths are not yet matured enough to rule this country. They are only good at testing their popularity.
Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by sykeng(m): 5:19am On Sep 22, 2018
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...

This is the reason I maintain that the youths are not yet matured enough to rule this country. They are only good at testing their popularity.
Don't generalise it, if you and yul Edoche are not ready, so many youths are ready, we also have people of same age bracket as Buhari that think differently.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by chiommy123(f): 5:36am On Sep 22, 2018
He should thank God he listened he for waste his money. Not too young to run lol. That nairaland presidency guy nko he don drop too
Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by Bluezy13(m): 5:41am On Sep 22, 2018
sykeng:

Don't generalise it, if you and yul Edoche are not ready, so many youths are ready, we also have people of same age bracket as Buhari that think differently.

I generalize it because no "single" youth has proven otherwise.
Let's look at it this way;
The musician called 2face, for instance, did timorously reconsider his decision on a common mass protest even when he had the general masses' support. That act, if carried out would have gone a long way to inciting, registering and fostering interest, determination and commitment from other youths who have been incubating political emancipation.

This Yul Edochie would have made a difference if he had maintained his ambition with quivering, whether he wins or not. Let it at least be known that he didn't win and I bet you, many more youths would have surfaced to join the quest for political prowess in the affairs of this nation. Backing down and wanting out has consciously and unconsciously instigated a timid stigma on others who were looking up to him to follow the path he pretended to be treading.

The secret to paving way for usurpation of power in especially Nigerian politics is contesting over and over and over... The frequent you contest...irrespective of the position... the more wider your popularity and recognition and the more your chances of winning; and the youths do not know that.

I believe the youths will make a difference some day but not in this generation. All this generation can/will do is serve as fur runners to the upcoming generation.
I'm sorry, I have to say it the way it is.
Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by segebase(m): 5:50am On Sep 22, 2018
ojk
Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by cahrlifa(m): 6:51am On Sep 22, 2018
This boy should stop deceiving his old age
Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by Nbote(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2018
Bluezy13:

I generalize it because no "single" youth has proven otherwise.
Let's look at it this way;
The musician called 2face, for instance, did timorously reconsider his decision on a common mass protest even when he had the general masses' support. That act, if carried out would have gone a long way to inciting, registering and fostering interest, determination and commitment from other youths who have been incubating political emancipation.

This Yul Edochie would have made a difference if he had maintained his ambition with quivering, whether he wins or not. Let it at least be known that he didn't win and I bet you, many more youths would have surfaced to join the quest for political prowess in the affairs of this nation. Backing down and wanting out has consciously and unconsciously instigated a timid stigma on others who were looking up to him to follow the path he pretended to be treading.

The secret to paving way for usurpation of power in especially Nigerian politics is contesting over and over and over... The frequent you contest...irrespective of the position... the more wider your popularity and recognition and the more your chances of winning; and the youths do not know that.

I believe the youths will make a difference some day but not in this generation. All this generation can/will do is serve as fur runners to the upcoming generation.
I'm sorry, I have to say it the way it is.

Abeg make we hear word jare... D likes of Sowore and Fela Durotoye are they ancestors?? U are quick to point to d fact dat 2face backtracked on a nationwide protest but U didn't mention dat d protest still went ahead despite other counter protests springing up... 2face wasn't an activist but kudos shld b given to him for adding his voice to d cause despite him not going ahead with it...
Re: Why I Won’t Run For Presidency In 2019 – Yul Edochie by Bluezy13(m): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2018
Nbote:

Abeg make we hear word jare... D likes of Sowore and Fela Durotoye are they ancestors?? U are quick to point to d fact dat 2face backtracked on a nationwide protest but U didn't mention dat d protest still went ahead despite other counter protests springing up... 2face wasn't an activist but kudos shld b given to him for adding his voice to d cause despite him not going ahead with it...

Ok.

(1) (Reply)

Miss Anita Ukah Wins 2018 Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest (photos) / Boy Claims To Be Kidnapped To Spend Time With Lover / BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Allegedly Seen Praying In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.