Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,556 members, 7,958,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK (364 Views)

Mohbad's Mum Accuses The Singer's Father Of Taking His Corpse After Autopsy. / Regina Daniels Mum Accuses Her Of Stealing From Her Despite Being A Billionaires / Fela Lying On Top Of Bose Ogulu, Burna Boy's Mother On Stage (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK by ebusnwaoma: 5:37am On Sep 22, 2018
Nigerian comedian SLK, has revealed that his religious mum is yet to accept comedy as an art even though he describes himself as a comedy geek.

According to the comedian, his religious mum accuses him of lying on stage and will prefer he has the regular 9am to 5pm job. SLK who is graduate of Covenant University, Ota, told Saturday Beats;

“My mother still complains and asks me why I always lie on stage; she thinks my job is about lying. My mum is a strong Christian; I always tell her that everybody knows it’s a joke, but she insists that I always lie on stage,” he said.

“She hasn’t embraced comedy as an art yet; sometime, she actually laughs at my jokes a few times she has heard me perform.

“Anytime people laugh hard on stage; that is my best moment as a comedian; however, sometimes people may not laugh as you expect but that is still one of the hazards of the job. Every job has its own hazards,” he said.

“My mum is not totally in support of me being a comedian yet. At the beginning of my career in comedy, it was worse. She has never been a fan of stand-up comedy, but she is coming to terms with it now. She would rather I engage in another profession,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/my-religious-mum-accuses-me-of-always-lying-on-stage-comedian-slk/

Lalasticlala

Re: My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK by lamidex(m): 5:38am On Sep 22, 2018
I don’t care. She knows better, stop f*cking lying
Re: My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK by segebase(m): 5:45am On Sep 22, 2018
ok
Re: My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK by itspzpics(m): 7:12am On Sep 22, 2018
Lol
Re: My Religious Mum Accuses Me Of Always Lying On Stage – Comedian SLK by TechConsult: 7:27am On Sep 22, 2018
Comedies without lies na lie

(1) (Reply)

'which Company Will Patronize You?' - Instagram Account Trolls Daddy Freeze / Click Here To Know More About This Fast Rising Artiste (sakote) / Nothing To Worry About, Stay Calm. Drink Tea - Buhari Tells Nigerians Over Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.