Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,305 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board (1966 Views)

Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi / Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / Fresh FIFA Sanction Looms As Court Sacks Maigari, NFF Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by supereagle(m): 4:36am On Jul 07, 2010
The Federation of International Football Association early on Tuesday endorsed the new leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation.

In a statement, FIFA said Nigeria beat the deadline to reverse its decision to withdraw from all international competitions for two years.

The body said a letter from the Nigerian government was received before the Monday 6pm deadline.

FIFA stressed that its executive member, Dr. Amos Adamu, played a mediatory role in resolving the problems which arose from the dismal performance of the Super Eagles at the ongoing World Cup in South Africa.

Following this development, FIFA said, ”The NFF remains vested with all its statutory rights,”

Last week, President Goodluck Jonathan said Nigeria would not take part in FIFA organised tournaments for two years because of the poor performance of the Eagles in South Africa.

FIFA on Friday gave a deadline to reverse the decision. Adamu left Johannesburg for Abuja on Thursday to help in resolving the problems.

On Sunday, the former President of the NFF Sani Lulu, 1st Vice-President Amanze Uchegbulam and the Technical Committee Chairman Taiwo Ogunjobi were impeached while Alhaji Aminu Maigari was elected acting President of the body.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201007073302843
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by ottiotti: 11:22am On Jul 07, 2010
sincerely, i dont know what this noise is all about. if i were d president, i would have called this NFF board to my office, typed a letter of resignation for all of them to sign, present a list of this 11 man committee as the new elected board of the NFF, get the old board to sign to it and announce to FIFa that they have all resigned and conducted an immediate election with the 11 men as new NFF board. chikena!!!
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by Spyker: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2010
Now the Journey begins,
Let's see what this board has in stock. Hope they won't be egg heads like the former board. Time will tell.
ottiotti:

sincerely, i dont know what this noise is all about. if i were d president, i would have called this NFF board to my office, typed a letter of resignation for all of them to sign, present a list of this 11 man committee as the new elected board of the NFF, get the old board to sign to it and announce to FIFa that they have all resigned and conducted an immediate election with the 11 men as new NFF board. chikena!!!
That's dictatorship bro.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by Redman44(m): 11:39am On Jul 07, 2010
Well, I'm happy Sani Lulu, Uchegbulam and Taiwo Ogunjobi have been gotten rid of, but what about Bolaji Ojo-Oba? He needs to go down too. Besides, I can't wait for fresh NFF elections. We need visionaries in the Glass House and I believe the race for the NFF Presidency should be thrown open. My fear is that another lethargic set of footie administrators will wrangle their way into the Glass House and things will continue as usual. We need a group of NFF Executives who have a blueprint they will follow and who are not after the money alone. God bless Nigeria.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by aieromon(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2010
And who are these 11 wise men?
I heard Mitchell Obi and Samson Siasia are on the list
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by Redman44(m): 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2010
@aieromon

I don't mind about Mitchell Obi. He is someone that has a passion for the development of Nigerian Football. However, Samson Siasia has a greater role to play. He should be appointed as the new coach of the Super Eagles, and given a mandate to raise a squad that will get to the finals of the next African Nations Cup and possibly dethrone Egypt as the perennial African champions. Our best choice for now is Samson Siasia. At the moment, 90% of African teams are not good. The poor state and technical deficiency of African teams was displayed at the ongoing World Cup. The Super Eagles, under Samson Siasia, have a great chance of becoming the next African champions. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by elrony(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2010
raisin a new super eagles and overhaulin the old pigeons via a new coach like siasia, grin
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2010
Just a case of cutting one's nose off to spite the face.
It's still the same old incompetent board,even though the head might be new.
Besides, it smells of Amos Adamu so much,I don't even know which NFF is more legit,the new or old board.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by 9jafreak: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
How can this be CHANGE when it has ZONING written all over it!

Hausa acting-President replacing a confirmed corrupt Hausa dude, an igbo acting-VP replacing another rogue VP!

When we go move forward?
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by otokx(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2010
This is all politics
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by manosteel(m): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2010
''Fifa endorses new Nff Board'' I can see the hand of Amos Adamu here, the man nicknamed mr fixit. Though he may not be clean in some of his dealings, a country should not lack people like him, who knows how to get things done,  especially, in time like this when it matters most.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by mbulela: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=472867.msg6329120#msg6329120

So what has changed?
replacing one set of crooks with a better aligned set?
GJ is spineless and has not disappointed.
Meanwhile Amos Adamu remains untouched.
There is no salvation, dudes.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by supereagle(m): 5:36am On Jul 08, 2010
Their Names
At the head of the committee is former Secretary General of the NFA, Mr. Mammud Kadiri.Other members include former broadcaster Danladi Bako, sports journalist Mitchell Obi, Jani Ibrahim, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi and Nigeria's first FIFA-badged woman referee Jamila Buhari former ,Sports Minister Sani Ndanusa, ex-Super Eagles captain Austin Okocha and coach Samson Siasia

The election will come up in December.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by Igwe9(m): 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2010
who else do you have in mind, can you do the work? at least with this resent development, the remaining ones should now know that vipers' gentility shouldn't be mistaken for weakness; that its venom could be as good as its shilly-shally attitude when it comes to striking.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by supereagle(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
Amodu served them notice to quit stage.Requested for 22m they are owing him. Not up to one month salary of largerpay.
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2010
who is maigari?
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by kobikwelu(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2010
at least we can talk about something else
Re: Fifa Endorses ‘new’ Nff Board by supereagle(m): 9:08am On Jul 13, 2010
I am happy FIFA president exposed the wickedness of sacking the crew that qualified Nigeria for WC. I hope they will learn something from that.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth, Sodiq Adeojo Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In London / Here Are The Predictions Of Today's Games In Major Leagues (football) / Why Iceland Players Names End With 'SON'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.