Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus (541 Views)

Pastor Buried Alive, Promised Church Members To Resurrect Like Jesus But Died / The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ / Popular Onitsha Based Pastor, Emeka Odumeje Set To Walk On Water Like Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus by Kingdomxclusive: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus

A 30-year old man from Kentucky underwent some radical plastic surgery in order to physically look like Jesus Christ.

As indicated by the Lexington Daily Tribune, Mark Emery has just been following Jesus' footsteps in many different ways for several years. It includes becoming a carpenter himself, as well as studying ancient Jewish law and religious texts.

He went so far as to spend more than $215,000 on two years worth of plastic surgery to change his physical appearance to resemble Jesus.

After undergoing a total of 21 surgical interventions, he claims to be “almost satisfied” with the results.

“Some people buy fancy cars or fancy mansions… I use my money to show my love for Jesus by getting surgery to look more like him,” says Mr. Emery. "I endeavor to live by his model and to be as much like him as I can. For me, acting like Jesus wasn't sufficient, I extremely needed to resemble him and appear as though him."

Many critics have already arisen in the social media, both denouncing or mocking Mr. Emery’s attempt to resemble Jesus Christ.

Hundreds of people, including various religious leaders, have made some religiously oriented critics, denouncing as “blasphemy” or “heresy” his desire to physically imitate the appearance of Christ.

"Christians love Jesus and endeavor to act like him, not look like him. Shame on you. That is absurd and anti Christian" composed Pastor John Hagee on his Twitter account.

Many critics have also described Mr. Emery’s surgery as “ridiculous” since the physical appearance of Jesus Christ remains unclear and is still subject to a lot of debate.

The Bible itself gives no physical portrayal of Jesus in the sense of depicting his skin tone, haircut, or facial characteristics.

Numerous speculations have been explained by researchers throughout the years. Some of the are incredibly far-fetched, claiming that Jesus could have been West African, Egyptian or half-Roman among others, but none of these claims were backed on any evidence.

It is by and large acknowledged among students of history, that Jesus was not of European descent, as he is normally depicted on symbols and crosses. He would instead have resembled a modern-day Arab, Turk or other middle eastern man, having a slightly darker skin color.

Regardless of every one of these critics , Mr. Emery says that he is extremely content with the result of his medical procedure, professing that he presently feels nearer to Jesus than he had ever felt in his life.

Get more Christian news at www.kingdomxclusive.com

Re: Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus by sapeleboi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
nansense

Re: Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus by abiolert(m): 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
Nonsesesss
Re: Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus by uboma(m): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
lol
He is sick.
Re: Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus by Evangkatsoulis: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2018
Money don waste. Where him see jesus?

1 Like

Re: Man Undergoes Surgery Of $215000 To Look Like Jesus by IamPlato(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2018

This One Brain Don Get Maggots...

Who Told You That Is Jesus

(1) (Reply)

What Jonathan, Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Others Said At Dunamis’ Glory Dome Dedication / A Facebook User Recounts The Event When Pastor Kumuyi Attended Dunamis’ Glory / Reactions As Pastor Uses Unconventional Method To Anoint Church Members. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.