Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

7 Killer Tips For Logo Design - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design (10585 Views)

Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers 2019 V2.0 / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers 2019 V1.0 / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by Offpoint: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
mekuso89:
bro i would love it if you teach me how to design
Call that number, let's talk
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nice write up, every instances given in the article were those of the westerners. When Nigeria itself failed to recognise the pros in the graphics niche, their silly ass were patronising foreigners to design the Nigerian air logo.

Morrover, some company wont even appreciate the effort you put in to make a logo, like someone said above. 'is it not just a logo' without them knowing logo is the entirety of their brand.

We go make am las las

Yea, i'm a logo designer, contact in my signature. Promo ongoing for startups. Dont miss out

1 Like

Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by erad(m): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
Oluwolex2000:
Thanks for the wonderful tips @erad.

As a logo designer i have come to the realization that most of these successful brands have simple and precised logos. Nike, ADIDAS, Umbro, FedEX, Amazon even the great Facebook.

But most of these Nigerian brands don't know what it is to have a simple logo that passes great message about the company. Some even pay you one 'Rat Money' and says 'Is it not just a logo, why charge that high'.

I have designed a logo for a brand here in Nigeria for $50 and they didn't even stress me at all, they loved the concept I designed for them, and I have also come across some frustrating brands that want you to design an elephant, flying in space, with an horse on its back crying, and how much will these people pay? RAT MONEY!!.

Brands really need to appreciate the skill sets of a graphic designer, especially the professionals. We give great FACES to brands.

Thanks...

PS: If you need a LOGO designed for you, contact me: 08104039504 (Whatsapp Only PLEASE)

You couldn't have said it better bro.
In my years of experience, I've learnt to flee from cheap clients.
Not because of arrogance or pride, but because someone who knows the true value of what I do will understand I'm not even charging much.
The higher paying clients don't stress because they have classier taste and know nothing good comes easy.
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by erad(m): 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
JeffreyJames:
OP all you wrote are on point but not to Nigerian clients. Most of them want impossible annoying logos for stupid recharge card money.

I absolutely agree with you.
But can you blame them?
When there are so many amateurs out there ready to design crap for peanuts.
Unfortunately after these same clients get shortchanged by these amateurs, they then reflect the bad experience on designers in general.
All in all, always know your standard and never compromise it for any reason.
If you are consistent with what you do, the right people that will appreciate your products will notice you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by don4real18(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
We don reach front page... grin
It will be a great pleasure of mine to be your graphics designer.
I'm into 2D,3D and motion designs.....
Logo
Flyers
Banners
Book Design and layout
Photo editing and manipulation
Etc... I have got you covered
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by don4real18(m): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2018
erad:

I absolutely agree with you.
But can you blame them?
When there are so many amateurs out there ready to design crap for peanuts.
Unfortunately after these same clients get shortchanged by these amateurs, they then reflect the bad experience on designers in general.
All in all, always know your standard and never compromise it for any reason.
If you are consistent with what you do, the right people that will appreciate your products will notice you.
No one has said it better... I actually learnt the hard way when I used to compromise my standard.
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by Kxngstein(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
Offpoint:
calls only on that line... I'll chat you up when you call

okay
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by Offpoint: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
mekuso89:
bro i would love it if you teach me how to design
call me 0705 451 5809 let's talk
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by silvolexy(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
If you really want to learn the art and act of logo making, contact via whatsapp 09035547178
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by aktem(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nice write up..... Thumbs up.
Meanwhile.. You can contact GALLANT GRAPHICS for professional logo design. This is the link to my nairaland portfolio..

https://www.nairaland.com/4577660/gallant-graphics-design-gallery-portfolio
Re: 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design by Obabajo(m): 2:15am On Sep 25, 2018
All comment make lots of sense to me, Am also an up coming graphics design but i stay in lagos in ikorodu. i need someone to work with ,someone who can mentor me to b the best. all is not free ooooo. reply

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Pencil Drawing Portfolio - Kifeyous Art / Etisalat Lagosphoto Photography Competition For Students And Professionals / Creative Drawings Of Nigerian Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.