Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition (29872 Views)

Jibrin Says 14 Governors And 26 State APC Chairmen Are In Support Of Tinubu / APC Chairmen To Buhari: Some Govs Don’t Mean Well For You / Igbo In Lagos Back Sanwo-olu, Kinsmen Endorse Isiaka In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Babygiwa(f): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2018
While Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, second term move continue to face rejection from his political party, All Progressive Congress (APC), in the state, an entire association of chairmen of the party, comprising of both 20 Local Government Areas (LGAs) and 37 Local Council Development Area (LCDAs), have unanimously declared support for one of the state’s governorship aspirant, Babajide Sanwo-olu, whom they claimed possesses wealth of experience to lead Lagosians and positively influence Lagos economy.

They assured that there was no going back on their actions and that they were solidly behind Sanwo-olu’s ambition to govern the state, come 2019.

The Chairman, Bariga Local Council Development Area (LCDA), APC, Timothy Iyo, disclosed that the entire party chairmen had agreed to throw full supports behind the aspirant and that Sanwo-olu was their choice of candidate to take the state’s seat of power after Ambode.

Speaking on behalf of the entire chairmen during a meeting with Director General, BabaJide Olusola Sanwo-olu Campaign Organisation (BOSCO), Tayo Ayinde, and other leaders of the party yesterday, in Lagos, Iyo said that the council’s leaders were satisfied on the development, particularly that of move to change leadership of the state, assuring that the association of the chairmen would work to ensure Sanwo-olu emerge as APC flag bearer for governorship election in the state.

He indicated that job of party men were to ensure that voice of people they were representing count and that there right to choice of aspirant, were well protected.

The chairman hinted that the members of party, under leadership of the chairmen, were pleased with choice of Sanwo-olu to lead them, and that they, as leaders, must ensure that the preferred aspirant, received solid support during the APC’s primaries in Lagos.

According to him, the voice of members of the party must be respected and the party National Leader, Bola Tinubu, had also spoken on respect for right of the members.

“We the leaders, must abide by the directive of the national leader and also respect the voices of the members of the party on preferred candidate.

The entire chairmen are solidly behind Sanwo-olu’s ambition and we would ensure he received required support during the primaries”, he added.

On his part, Ayinde, who commended the chairman courage and actions, assured the party’s leaders that Sanwo-olu would not disappoint both the APC and Lagosians and that the aspirant would run an all-inclusive government, should he gets to power in 2019.

He said that his meeting with the chairmen was an indication that Sanwo-olu was ready to work with every members of the party and that he would not underrate any group’s willingness on supporting his mandate

He revealed that BOSCO, under his leadership, has embarked on political reconciliation movement, a move he said was aimed at bring together all warring faction of APC in the state.

Meanwhile, the Director Media, BOSCO, Sesan Dani, confirmed that the chairmen had unanimously agreed and endorsed Sanwo-Olu as their choice of governorship candidate and that the motion was moved the by chairman, Odi Olowo LCDA, APC while it was seconded by chairman of Ojodu LCDA.

He added that chairmen of the APC across 20 LGAs and that of 37 LCDAs in the state affirmed that their membership and all other machinery of the party would be fully deployed across the state for the emergence of Sanwo-Olu as the winner and flag-bearer of the party in the primaries slated 29th of September.

http://www.theguildng.com/53-lagos-apc-councils-chairmen-back-sanwo-olus-governorship-ambition/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by faaz24: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ambode should just throw in the towel..
Its very obvious that he let his party members down.

Ciao!

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Corrinthians(m): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
Don't know why I have a bad feeling about this.

2 Likes

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
wasn't it this same Ambode lagosians (particularly Yoruba's) were dancing about that he won the best governor few months back.

Why is it now Tinubu decided against endorsing him he's now the bad guy all of a sudden

It's now they know Lagos state is dirty, he is this, he is that...why now?

Had Tinubu given the green light to Ambode would we have seen pointing fingers or heard any accusations against him

Free yourselves from mental slavery...

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Richdad50(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
Dear Nairalanders
Cc: @Ambode
It is not a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled. It is only a calamity not to dream.
It is not failure not to reach the stars. It is only failure when you have no stars to reach for. Not failure but having low aim in Life is SIN.
Fight your enemies now or forever be a slave.
Rise above your fears for a Man live only but once.
Men who Walk in honour, Die with Honour.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
FAKE NEWS. someone is scared
Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Melison(m): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
K
Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Oblitz(m): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
Jagaban can do and undo. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Check my signature

5 Likes

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by helphelp: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
Who cares
Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Lakeshizu(m): 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
REPORT HAS IT THAT PDP IS LEADING IN OSUN:::: In as much as I like Ambode.... I will not fight to reclaim any mandate.... withdraw my nomination form, Tidy up my portfolio and watch from the stands.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Melison(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ambode should just forget about his reelection
Some sins are unforgiven

7 Likes

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by bedspread: 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
I still feel AMBODE will come out of This...
Once Abuja settles One side with Ghana must go.... Power will Change hands...

2 Likes

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by id4sho(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
AMBODE decamp to PDP, what nonsense .but if THIEFNIBU really means poo. This is the time that his yeye political mandate group will scatter and be buried. LAGOS is important to be lost as far as PMB APC is concerned.

#BACKTODAURA

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by tesppidd: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
I do not know why people are just meddling into the affairs of lagos state.

There is no state in Nigeria devoid of power brokers and godfathers.

Either the state governor or some minister somewhere.

In rivers Wike is lord, he wants to appoint and anoint every candidate.

In lagos it is Tinubu.

In kaduna it is El Rufai.

In imo it is Okorocha.

Hypocrisy is when you castigate Tinubu but support Wike for being a godfather.

Hypocrisy is when you hail Tinubu but castigate Wike Wike for anointing candidates.

And by the way,

A tenure is 4 years not 8 years.
Elections are not due every 8 years but 4.

When political office holders begin to lose elections after one tenure would be a good time in our democracy.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Mmlanrehh(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
Very useless set of chairmen . Imagine Isolo LCDA chairman proposing a 1Billion naira budget , all after their own personal gain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
Chai Ambo. na so your political career take voom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Franzinni: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
ambode.... Is it the love for lagosians or the love for power or the love for money that is making you do like osibanjo like this?

Why my people dey fall my hand like this?? We need brave politicians... Not whimpy cry babies

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by otunde527: 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
This people don't know that popularity matters in election. Who is sanwo olu

2 Likes

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by ayobaye(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
Baba Ibeji, you don achieve what they are just aspiring. You are an awesome achiever. Leave them alone, let them support their eventual disappointment

1 Like

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by verygudbadguy(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2018
otunde527:
This people don't know that popularity matters in election. Who is sanwo olu
Bro, I just left a meeting with the only brother of Sanwo. We met inside Unilag. As I am sending this, I have big rubber posters of Sanwo in my booth. The case has been sealed already. There is no going back on it. I am not a full fledged politician but I have allies in LGAs in Lagos.

I have pictures carrying all LGAs supporting the Sanwo. Guy. This is not hearsay. Ambode is 50% down. I wish Tinubu can change his stance and support Ambode but Tinubu seem adamant on this.

May the best man win.

NB: Some of you that are saying Ambode should cross carpet to PDP do not know one fact. The minute he cross carpets, he will be impeached by the HOA. Tinubu fixed every member.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Sagay212: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Enough of all this noise....Please do the primaries already and kick ambode the phuck outta the office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by ilohvictor(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
if I be ambode eehh I for than join the moving train and let's save Lagos from the hands of that Tinibu....great great party PDP..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Dex4(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ambode has messed up real bad but me, I'm sure they will let him run after he must have adduced to some stringent compromises.

Na Politics, he took away some people's bread ni joor!

1 Like

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Because they're all 419
Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Wet Wetin Ambode really do seff wey dem no fit forgive am ?

1 Like

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by sekzy99(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Same story again. Till after primary

1 Like

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by tboycares: 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
In politics.... Your performance isn't enough. You need to carry your people along with you because you will always need them. That's a lesson for Ambode

5 Likes

Re: 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
Oh why na Ambode has done wonderfully well, they should not let Lagos go backward o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu, Shettima, Amaechi Attend Turbaning Of Modi, Aisha Buhari’s Brother (pics / Nigeria, S’africa Agreement Forbids Nationalisation Of Assets, Investments / Massive Turnout For Mr Jollof’s Rally In Warri, Delta State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.