Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage (793 Views)

Rock Python In My WC! Can You Imagine What My Wife Did To Me? / The Radfords: UK's Largest Family Welcomes Baby No 22 Amidst Coronavirus Crisis / Mother Goes Topless With Her Daughter For Her 1st Birthday, Rock Body Paint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Dailyfavour(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2018
The marriage was about Eight years ago (2010). The marriage was formalized in the registry and blessed with two kids. Recently, the wife began to misbehave on the ground that she wants the family to relocate to Lagos from Ibadan. When husband hesitated, the wife absconded with the two kids, so for close to three years now husband has been struggling to see the wife and children. The line is going but she Will never reveal her whereabout.

Now, husband is tired of waiting and wants to settle with another woman, what steps needed be taken that will not contradict the law.

There was a suggestion that he can marry another woman but he can not take her to registry again. Good suggestions mostly legal experts. Thanks
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by hanked: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2018
since she has been away for three years,advise him to go to registry for notification,he is entitle for another wife

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by i1: 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
since you have not seen her for over 3 years. then go to the nearest high court through a lawyer to seek a divorce. however when asking for the divorce make sure you add, upkeep, school fees etc of your children plus access to them.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Dailyfavour(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Thanks, (1)can he requested the babies be in his care, one is seven and the other is three
(2) Must she (mean wife) not appear in person before finalise the arrangement in court?
(3) If the man marry another traditionally (no registry) what's the implications?

since you have not seen her for over 3 years. then go to the nearest high court through a lawyer to seek a divorce. however when asking for the divorce make sure you add, upkeep, school fees etc of your children plus access to them.
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Dailyfavour(m): 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
Still anxiously waiting for candid suggestions. Thanks
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Gratia(f): 2:04am On Sep 26, 2018
This story is incomplete.
What about your wife's family, what did they say about their daughter's abscondment?

We always think that the land is green at the other side, new wife is not the solution. The energy and resources that you want to waste on filling for divorce use it and go make peace with your wife and children.

No sane woman will just run away with kids without something being wrong with you the husband (I may be wrong).
If you are a good son inlaw your wife's family would not tolerate their daughter's misbehaviour.
TELL US WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT MADE HER RUN AWAY.

3 Likes

Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 4:56am On Sep 26, 2018
He should file for abandonment.
Separated for 3 years?
They are no longer man and wife.
The woman voided the contract.

Have the marriage annulled. . . . The ex-spouse is an UNSOUND MIND. kiss

2 Likes

Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by ifyalways(f): 6:59am On Sep 26, 2018
The woman must have met a REALLY big god to be able to take care of the children for the past two years without sending the man. Or perhaps she got a REALLY good job in Lagos, reason she was pressing for relocation.

Whatever u do, abeg leave the children with her. Just get visitation rights. No go carry the children come for your new lady to take learn or perfect witchcraft and wickedness.

Na dat one concern me. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by sisisioge: 7:21am On Sep 26, 2018
Easy.

Get a lawyer to file for divorce for you. She would be served court notices through her parent's address , if she like make she no come.

Bet what is wrong with moving to Lagos? Just wondering out loud embarassed It's surprising how easily couples allow the most silly things to disintegrate their union beyond repair. It is well.
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Dailyfavour(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
Gratia
This story is incomplete.
What about your wife's family, what did they say about their daughter's abscondment?

We always think that the land is green at the other side, new wife is not the solution. The energy and resources that you want to waste on filling for divorce use it and go make peace with your wife and children.

No sane woman will just run away with kids without something being wrong with you the husband (I may be wrong).
If you are a good son inlaw your wife's family would not tolerate their daughter's misbehaviour.
TELL US WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT MADE HER RUN AWAY.

What really transpired was the fact that we should relocate to Lagos from Ibadan because she believed she is more used to Lagos having stayed there for years. so she never like I Ibadan and what am building gradually is within Ibadan.

I was in good condition her Mummy but seems the mum instigated the idea so she won't support my idea
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Dailyfavour(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
KanwuliaExtra

He should file for abandonment.
Separated for 3 years?
They are no longer man and wife.
The woman voided the contract.

Have the marriage annulled. . . . The ex-spouse is an UNSOUND MIND. kiss

Thanks
She had frustrated me enough, pleaded enough but to no avail because her mum make it worse. She had lost her Dad
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by Dailyfavour(m): 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
ifyalways

I had tried enough, but she has this ego. Infact am tired, made attempt for children to stay with me but she insisted.
Re: How To Handle Legal But Crisis Rock Marriage by eyinjuege: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
Let the children stay with their mum, and get visitation rights amongst your divorce settlement.
The court can make it clear when you can have the children e.g holidays and maybe one weekend every month or whatever arrangement will be fair.
The marriage is dead already, and you can file for divorce since you've been separated for more than 2 years. You can even claim abandonment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sony Home Theatre(330w) / Widow, Children Rendered Homeless As Brother-in-law Takes Over House / Do You Think Many Women Will Pass This Test?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.