Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Russia's Alexander Povetkin In Seventh Round - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Russia's Alexander Povetkin In Seventh Round (434 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Russia's Alexander Povetkin In Seventh Round by agadam(m): 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
Anthony Joshua knocks out Russia's Alexander Povetkin in seventh round
Joshua retains WBA, IBF and WBO world heavyweight titles at Wembley
Briton wins 22nd professional fight with his 21st knockout
Povetkin had never been stopped before....
'There is a lot of pressure'
Anthony Joshua says: "Alexander Povetkin is a very tough challenger he proved that tonight. I came here to have fun, do what I have done in the gym, he was strong to the head but weak to the body it could have taken seven, nine or 12 rounds to get him out of there.

"Tonight is out of the way let's figure out what's happening on April 13. Let's put a vote out there.

"There are no mandatory challengers? Who do we want to fight? Anyone is welcome. The sport is about what the fans want, but some times we have to face the mandatories."

Asked why the fight against Deontay Wilder did not happen, Joshua adds: "We both did a lot of talking, I'm here now, I had a good fight, have my knockout streak back.

"There is a lot of pressure the whole country is rooting for us. The energy in here spurs you on and you do feel that pressure, I'm not going to lie. A few years ago maybe I wouldn't have won the fight."

Re: Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Russia's Alexander Povetkin In Seventh Round by Neminc: 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
Congrats to Anthony Joshua, now it's time to face Wilder
Re: Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Russia's Alexander Povetkin In Seventh Round by agadam(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2018
Neminc:
Congrats to Anthony Joshua, now it's time to face Wilder

He is gonna knock him out

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Defend World Titles / BREAKING: Juventus Shares Lose 5% Amid CR7 Rape Accusations / Vidal Unhappy With Lack Of Playing Time At Barca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.