Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) (2726 Views)

A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:12am On Sep 23, 2018
Home to approximately 8 million people, with so many diversified culture, London is absolutely a wonderful and beautiful place to be. The city is, besides the capital and the largest city of the United Kingdom, also the political, economic and cultural center of that country. It also fulfills an important function in various fields in Europe and the world: London is considered one of the four traditional cities of the alpha world , together with Paris , Tokyo and New York. Enough of the introductions, Join me as we take a stroll through the city of London.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2018
Our first destination is the Heathrow Airport

London Heathrow Airport is a British airport . It is the largest airport in Europe and also the airport with the most connections to other airports. At world level, this is the fourth airport in 2011 in terms of persons handled, after Atlanta / Hartsfield , Beijing / Capital , and Chicago / O'Hare . But due to the large number of international connections, Heathrow has the world's largest number of international passenger services. It is the home of British societiesBritish Airways and Virgin Atlantic Airways .

Source: Wikipedia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2018
Buckingham Palace is the official residence of the British monarch in London . When the queen is present, the royal standard flies at the middle pavilion; if she is not there, the Union Jack will be hoisted. More than 300 people work daily at the royal court.
Buckingham Palace is arguably one of the most popular Palaces in the world. It's the official residence of the Queen, Queen Elizabeth II...

1 Like

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:14am On Sep 23, 2018
Tower of London and London Bridge

London Bridge is one of the most famous bridges over the Thames in London . This fame comes from the fact that it is the oldest river crossing in the city and that it occurs in a well-known English nursery rhyme , London bridge is falling down . The bridge is sometimes confused with the Tower Bridge . However, the current London Bridge is a more modern bridge from 1973.

The Tower of London

The Tower of London , usually known as the Tower, is a London building complex located on the River Thames . Over the centuries it has served as a fort, royal palace, state prison, coin, garrison, museum and arsenal. The nearby Tower Bridge gets its name from this complex, which since 1988 on the World Heritage List of UNESCO stands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2018
Big Ben
Big Ben is the nickname of the big clock hanging in the bell tower of the Palace of Westminster in London . The Big Ben is both a bell and a bell. The clock is one of the heaviest in the world. Around the clock is the inscription This bell was cast by George Mears or Whitechapel for the clock of the Houses of Parliament under the direction of Edmund Becket Denison QC in the 21st year of the reign of Queen Victoria in the year of our Lord MDCCCLVIII .

Often the timepiece and even the whole tower are called Big Ben.

Big Ben is named after the politician Benjamin Hall (1802-1867) who initiated the construction of the tower and was called Big Ben because of his tall figure. The big clock was installed in 1858. On May 31, 1859, the clock began to tick. The bells rang for the first time on July 11, 1859.

1 Like

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2018
London streets and Traffics

1 Like

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2018
Shopping malls

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2018
Comments will be well appreciated. Watch out for my next article on New York, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, Sydney, E t c.

Justwise , Explorers , Lalasticlala , Mynd44

Feel free to add your pictures.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by banom(m): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
I love this. Am beginning to pick interest in visiting London.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by ogunmourinho(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
how much is visa from Lagos to london
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by GdexFolami(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
Let me park here grin
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by queengift(f): 6:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
wowww so beautiful, can Nigeria be like this
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by queengift(f): 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
ogunmourinho:
how much is visa from Lagos to london

Visa or Flight?
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by eluquenson(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2018
London, Ilu oba.

Life's beautiful over there.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by MrBigiman: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
Visiting there in few weeks by Gods grace and mercies. I hope to remind u guys wen I do.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by meobizy(f): 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
I've seen most of these upclose and let me tell you it's worth the visit.
When I entered Heathrow I was baffled, the only caucasians present were the airport attendants. Everyone else was Indian or Chinese. Indians and Pakistanis have found many loopholes to exploit to bring their relatives to England.
If someone is sent back home from the airport just know you didn't experience England. You visited either China, India or Pakistan.
Almost anytime you step out the aroma of cooked chicken and coffee rents the air. Man go just dey hunger for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2018
MrBigiman:
Visiting there in few weeks by Gods grace and mercies. I hope to remind u guys wen I do.
Remember to share us the pictures and experience. Safe trips.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2018
queengift:
wowww so beautiful, can Nigeria be like this
Nigeria grin grin grin Maybe after the death of all these greedy politicians.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Ayindesegun10(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
People should comment na
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by 2ng2ng(m): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nice pictures .....following
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by KendrickAyomide: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
God help us explore the world

1 Like

Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Emmyy1: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
Neat and beautiful city, nice pictures.
Re: Let's Travel To London, United Kingdom. (pics Included) by Cousin9999: 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
Don't leave out pics of the "endz."

(1) (Reply)

Saskatchewan Polytechnic Student.....connect / What Is The Safest Way To Travel To Enugu Now The Airport Is Closed? / Why Do Nigerians Don't Help Themselves In Overseas Like Other Country Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.