Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,343 members, 7,957,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari (736 Views)

Supporters Of A Northern Muslim As Senate President Don't Love Nigeria - Jibrin / Julius Abure: Peter Obi Will Choose A Northern Muslim as Vice President / FFK: Babatunde Fowler Is Out, Replaced By A Northern Muslim, Just As I Predicted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by ProjectNaija(m): 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
Dr. Farooq Kperogi, one of Buhari's harshest and most consistent critics, wrote the following:

"Now, Islamic clerics in the North preach that Buhari is divinely ordained to be President and that criticism of his policies amounts to blasphemy. That’s why northern Muslim critics of Buhari like me are seen as heretics—or, worse, not even Muslim at all. I recall a northern Nigerian university teacher and foreign-based PhD student exclaiming “SubhaanAllaah!” when I first shared my criticism of Buhari with him during a WhatsApp chat. He was so distraught you would think I committed blasphemy. Given the oversized influence of Islamic clerics in shaping public opinion in Muslim northern Nigeria, no amount of logic, evidence-based reasoning, economic hardship, etc. will make the littlest dent on Buhari’s popularity in the Muslim North.”

I am at a loss for words.

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2017/04/why-president-buhari-is-wildly-popular.html?m=1
CC lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Shelumiel: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2018
I shall ask you question: would you vote for Kafir instead?
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by goodnessme1(f): 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
who are the kafir
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by hucienda: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2018
OP, source?
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by ProjectNaija(m): 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2018
Shelumiel:

And you expect the so called kafirs to vote for the retrogressive dullard?

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by ProjectNaija(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by FarahAideed: 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2018
If the like the should use Mecca to promote him the failure must be sent packing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by hucienda: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
ProjectNaija:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2017/04/why-president-buhari-is-wildly-popular.html?m=1

Okay. Thanks, OP.

No surprises there.

The main surprise is his support in parts of the South.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by mrbaba18(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hausa Muslims nd Der way i just pity d yoruba ppl been deceived

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Shelumiel: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
ProjectNaija:

And you expect the so called kafirs to vote for the retrogressive dullard?
Well, no . But you and I both know that Muslims in general (especially those from northern Nigeria) would rather vote for the "retrogressive dullard", than vote for any right thinking Kafir.
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Adekdammy: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2018
Shelumiel:

And your Buhari will still needs the vote of the kafirs? It's now obvious most of you suporting pmb are doing so cos of religion despite his glaring failures.

Shame on u.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Shelumiel: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2018
Adekdammy:

And your Buhari will still needs the vote of the kafirs? It's now obvious most of you suporting pmb are doing so cos of religion despite his glaring failures.

Shame on u.
You are entitled to your own opinion.
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Jokerman(m): 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2018
Lol... we already know that's what it would amount to, and seeing that 80% of the northern electorates are illiterates, they would easily be swayed coupled with the Nigerian fickle mind....

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by ProjectNaija(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2018
Jokerman:
Lol... we already know that's what it would amount to, and seeing that 80% of the northern electorates are illiterates, they would easily be swayed coupled with the Nigerian fickle mind....

That's why it is necessary to use a popular and influencial northern Muslim like Kwankwaso against him to divide their votes so we can kick the tyrant out once and for all.
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Jokerman(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
ProjectNaija:

That's why it is necessary to use a popular and influencial northern Muslim like Kwankwaso against him to divide their votes so we can kick the tyrant out once and for all.

I swear... my own would be Kwankwaso/Peter Obi...
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by ProjectNaija(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
hucienda:

Okay. Thanks, OP.

No surprises there.

The main surprise is his support in parts of the South.

His support from the south west is by those who have sold their brains to Tinubu for peanuts.
Re: Northern Muslim Clerics Are Using Islam To Promote Buhari by Kingspin(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2018
Must a religion be useless for life especially in Nigeria

Can't somebody teach them how they can move to the moon?

(1) (Reply)

Ambode’s 2nd Term Ambition Suffers Another Blow / Chief Bolaji Ayorinde(san)wins Oyo Sdp Guber Ticket / Why Taminu Turaki Stepped Down For Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.