Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars (3680 Views)

*** Get Any Of This AUCTION *** NISSAN & VOLKSWAGEN Cars From USA** Very Cheap** / 2011/2012 Volkswagen Cars @ Promo Prices / Registered And Tokumbo Toyota Cars: Very Cheap 08063081186 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by aodiki: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2010
I need someone to tell me how reliable volkswagen car are as compared to Toyota cars, Expecially the Volkswagen Passat and Toyota Camry of '98 - 2000 models.

I will also like peculiar issues with any of them to be pointed out and how these issues can be taken care of or managed in the event that you already have the car.

I am looking forward to educative responses from our highly experienced Nairalanders.

Thanks
Re: Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by mishooo(m): 9:13am On Jul 08, 2010
I guess you'll have more info from those that have used the two at different times. Am using VW and enjoying it but i think Toyota parts are cheaper.
Re: Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by Pappee: 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2010
Well in terms of engine they are equally good, the difference is just that a VW is more sophisticated, and does not tolerate roadsides and quack mechanic. safety, VW is far better. Second hand value, go for toyota. Ruggedity it is VW, but reliability it is Toyota. Parts, it is relative, some VW are very cheap and some are quite expensive, just the same way it is with toyota. presently i drive a VW bora, with friends driving toyota.
Re: Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by Mahmed(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
I will advice you ask a good mechanic or try and study a guide or manual online. Better still, talk to users of these cars.
Re: Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by GOODMAN1: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2010
Check:www.carsurvey.org and deduce for yourself what you want.
Re: Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by aodiki: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
thank you all for your comments. i have learnt many things from all the comments here.
Re: Volkswagen Cars And Toyota Cars by GBT(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
Well in terms of engine they are equally good, the difference is just that a VW is more sophisticated, and does not tolerate roadsides and quack mechanic. safety, VW is far better. Second hand value, go for toyota. Ruggedity it is VW, but reliability it is Toyota. Parts, it is relative, some VW are very cheap and some are quite expensive, just the same way it is with toyota. presently i drive a VW bora, with friends driving toyota.

Pappee HAS SAID IT. I once had a passat 03 V6 very pretty low profile all black exterior and interrior but some drunk dude ran into my wife on the 24th of dec and then i found out how expensively silly priced the parts were. Altenatively which i have found to be the best as there are hardly good/original parts in the market so you can take the pain to order the part and just get a good mechanic to remove and replace the part and please with VW, THE SYSTEM HATE GUESS WORK!
While for Toyota parts, i have found are readily available inthe market and the auto traders all loves to bring in there partsas it moves fasters.

Volkswagen have prettier design when compare with Toyota
Volks dont have good second hand value when compare with Toyota
Volks are rugged
Volks are heavier and have better gizmos
Toyota because of the siimplifier engine system are more reliable
Toyota, Miles to Gallon is the most pocket friendly
Toyota have more hands around the corner that can take on the car, when it breaks down

So it really depend on u as to why you need a car bruv?

(1) (Reply)

97 Honda Accord (bull Dog) / 1996 Honda Accord (bull Dog) Price N540k / Photos: 2009 Toyota Rav 4 Gold Colour ₦3,600,000 (negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.