Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It (4188 Views)

Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri / Airtel 4.5GB For N200 & 22.5GB For N1,000, Everyone Is Now Eligible- See Steps / MTN Introduces 4.5GB For N1200 For Independence Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by royalic(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hey Guys it’s TECHCOVER again. The one stop tech blog that still serves you latest tech updates.

What’s new is another method to get free Mtn 1.5GB with a simple but amazing trick.

Let get down to the full steps Below

Requirement
1. Mtn Old Sim
2. 4G LTE Sim/Device

If you are using an old Mtn sim you are going to be able to activate it fast and easy on a 4G LTE sim or device.

See How to Activate The 4 LTE Service On Your Mtn Sim /Device

Check Full Procedure Here

SOURCE: http://techcover.ooo/tutorials/how-to-get-1-5gb-on-mtn-for-free-blazing/
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by sulhazan(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
MTN Data na wahala jhor!
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Nbote(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
If you are using an old Mtn sim you are going to be able to activate it fast and easy on a 4G LTE sim or device.
How to Activate The 4 LTE Service On Your Mtn Sim /Device.
Simply text 4G to 131 from your mobile device.

You will receive an SMS telling you if your SIM or device is 4G/LTE ready.
Kindly Visit the nearest MTN store or any phone store near you. be sure the device supports Band 7 (2600MHz).
After successfully activating the 4G/LTE you should receive and SMS saying

“Congratulations! You Have 1.5GB Free Data To Browse On Our 4G Network.
To Enjoy Please Change Your Phone Setting to The 4G LTE Network. Bonus Valid for 30 Days”
And you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by nairaman66(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
Nbote:

How to Activate The 4 LTE Service On Your Mtn Sim /Device.
Simply text 4G to 131 from your mobile device.

You will receive an SMS telling you if your SIM or device is 4G/LTE ready.
Kindly Visit the nearest MTN store or any phone store near you. be sure the device supports Band 7 (2600MHz).
After successfully activating the 4G/LTE you should receive and SMS saying

“Congratulations! You Have 1.5GB Free Data To Browse On Our 4G Network.
To Enjoy Please Change Your Phone Setting to The 4G LTE Network. Bonus Valid for 30 Days”
And you are good to go.

Fake!!
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by jefdr001: 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
There is no way I'm gonna click that
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by yemobrown(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
It's not fake. I just sent 4g to 131 now and they replied my phone is 4g ready but need to visit their store to upgrade my Sim ti enable me enjoy the service.

You don't need to click the link above, just send 4g to 131.

Please let's verify information before classifying them as fake.

If you have a 4g sim and phone, I believe you're good to go.

Cheers!
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Viccur(m): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2018
yemobrown:
It's not fake. I just sent 4g to 131 now and they replied my phone is 4g ready but need to visit their store to upgrade my Sim ti enable me enjoy the service.

You don't need to click the link above, just send 4g to 131.

Please let's verify information before classifying them as fake.

If you have a 4g sim and phone, I believe you're good to go.

Cheers!
Fake
went to their office today, told me to bring my ID card and it would cost me 1k for the upgrade

2 Likes

Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by DopeTech(m): 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
Have been enjoying mine since morning
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by timbros(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Viccur:
Fake
went to their office today, told me to bring my ID card and it would cost me 1k for the upgrade

It's not fake.

I have enjoyed my 1.5gb tey tey. And it cost me 5h to upgrade my sim to 4g. What they do is like doing a welcome back for you. They will give you a new sim which will be your new 4g sim. The 1.5gb is a welcome bonus.

Airtel gives 4gb as a welcome bonus for their 4g sim. I have enjoyed that one too.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Viccur(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
timbros:

It's not fake.

I have enjoyed my 1.5gb tey tey. And it cost me 5h to upgrade my sim to 4g. What they do is like doing a welcome back for you. They will give you a new sim which will be your new 4g sim. The 1.5gb is a welcome bonus.

Airtel gives 4gb as a welcome bonus for their 4g sim. I have enjoyed that one too.
Why is it now tagged 'free' when they know you will pay. It's just like buying a regular data at that cost. And what's even the essence when d 4G network is not widely available? MTN is just stingy
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Nbote(m): 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
D OP is lying about d process. U can only enjoy d free data wen U upgrade ur sim
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by timbros(m): 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2018
Viccur:

Why is it now tagged 'free' when they know you will pay. It's just like buying a regular data at that cost. And what's even the essence when d 4G network is not widely available? MTN is just stingy

So you get your welcome back sim free? It's not like they will configure something in your existing sim to make it 4g. They will actually give you another physical sim card like when you are doing welcome back.

You are not paying for the data. You are paying for the sim. And their 4g dey try...
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Newlifestyle: 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
timbros:

So you get your welcome back sim free? It's not like they will configure something in your existing sim to make it 4g. They will actually give you another physical sim card like when you are doing welcome back.

You are not paying for the data. You are paying for the sim. And their 4g dey try...
i bought a new airtel sim at airtel store thinking it would be 4g pee installed. At 300 naira.

Only to discover it's still a 3g SIM..
But I enjoy the double data features of a new airtel SIM as airtle promised..
I now have a two airtel SIM all 3G stucked..

I will now have to upgrade one to a 4g while leaving the other at 3g.

I also have an mtn SIM which is still stucked to a 3g and my note 4 pro is 4g enabled..
At the weekend, mtn dashed me free 514 me which I used to stream Chelsea West Ham match which finished on the process.

I might as well go update my mtn SIM to 4g to enjoy their freebies..
But my problem is this, the airtel store I went requested for the amount of 700 Naira for the SIM swap. And the funny part is that they told me 4g isn't yet available in Owerri where I stay. They said its gonna be available hopefully from October November [she s not sure yet] although she drives to get it before hand but I refused..

Now to the mtn own, I don't really subscribe my mtn cos they real damn stingy with data. Although their network is second to none but their data is too costly. Unlike airtel that gives me 12_13 GB for 2500..

Now as a brother, what I'll u rather I do?
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by tallskinnyperv(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
Viccur:
Fake
so how is it fake..broke idiot
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Viccur(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
tallskinnyperv:
so how is it fake..broke idiot
I will simply move on cos u won't dare insult me if we met one on one.

1 Like

Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by Gabflex: 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
where did dis 1 see old sim dat is 4G. Stop confusing ursef.
Re: MTN Is Giving Out 1.5GB For Free - See How To Get It by honsule(m): 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
This thread is misleading. I want to have tangible evidence before locking the thread. Here it is. My phone and sim is 4G and I was asked to subscribed. See my screenshot. This thread is hereby locked.

(1)

How To Activate Do Not Disturb (DND) On Glo, MTN, 9mobile And Airtel / How To Returned Picture Hidden In Xhide To Galary / Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.