Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group (17917 Views)

Ohanaeze Cautions Buhari Over Call On US, UK To Proscribe IPOB / Buhari Must Remove Terrorist Tag On IPOB - Group Tells UN / President Buhari Moves To Proscribe Shiites After Protest That Turned Violent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by gidgiddy: 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
bantudra:

we need to first understand what the word proscribe means....ipob was not officialy declared a terrorist group....

if the goverment want to realy hunt ipob down,they would just make a house to house search in south east....

what they barely do right now....

IPOB was proscribed based on the anti-terrorism law. It was based on the allegation of engaging in terrorist activities that the government went to court to have IPOB banned. So any one who argues that the government never officially declared IPOB a terrorist group isn't being truthful.

The question is why would the government be deploying the military against IPOB when IPOB is not armed and not killing people?

Why is it that we have armed groups that are killing like Herdsmen and Niger Delta militants, but government is not proscribing them , rather, government is negotiating with them?

What sort of double standards is that?

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by DivineGebike(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
Who invited this guy
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by technicallyrich(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
bantudra:

you people have nerves to dey call another persons area no mans land....

very disrespectful...if you want respect from others then you must show them respect too....

it just doesnt work that way....
oga in lagos,the people that have ruled it are not even lagosians but although yorubas from ogun,osun etc,which other state can non indigines rule except yorubas.
Very soon other tribes will rule lagos i bet u.
Talking about respect,the oil use to fuel nigeria,is it not from ss and se biafra,why cant oyorubas contribute any thing later they will be forming sufferisticated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by technicallyrich(m): 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
gidgiddy:

IPOB was proscribed based on the anti-terrorism law. It was based on the allegation of engaging in terrorist activities that the government went to court to have IPOB banned. So any one who argues that the government never officially declared IPOB a terrorist group isn't being truthful.

The question is why would the government be deploying the military against IPOB when IPOB is not armed and not killing people?

Why is it that we have armed groups that are killing like Herdsmen and Niger Delta militants, but government is not proscribing them , rather, government is negotiating with them?

these one you are calling niger delta,i hope you know they are your brothers and also biafrans.
I am a niger deltan from ijaw and i am proud to be a biafran.
And even 4igbo states,are in niger delta.
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by Obdk: 11:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
They asked you and you proscribed
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by bantudra: 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
pazienza:

Really?
House arrest search? It then means they would arrest all Igbo youths numbering millions, as most of us are sympathetic to IPOB cause.

then,so be it....
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by bantudra: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
gidgiddy:

when the situation was too hot,the military took over....

but when things calmed down again,the military backed off....you cant be telling the military were to patrol or not.....that makes no sense....

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by gidgiddy: 6:49am On Sep 25, 2018
bantudra:

when the situation was too hot,the military took over....

but when things calmed down again,the military backed off....you cant be telling the military were to patrol or not.....that makes no sense....

What a disgrace!

There are people crying for help all over Benue, Zamfara and Platue as armed killer Herdsmen slaughter people

There are are communities that are crying for help in the Niger Delta as armed militants take over

There are communities in the North East that armed Boko Haram want to finish.

But your government decided that the real problem is unarmed IPOB in the peaceful South East where nobody is being killed?

This is where your clueless government decided to deploy Soldier's? A place nobody is crying for help?
Laughable

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by bantudra: 7:06am On Sep 25, 2018
gidgiddy:

What a disgrace!

There are people crying for help all over Benue, Zamfara and Platue as armed killer Herdsmen slaughter people

There are are communities that are crying for help in the Niger Delta as armed militants take over

There are communities in the North East that armed Boko Haram want to finish.

But your government decided that the real problem is unarmed IPOB in the peaceful South East where nobody is being killed?

This is where your clueless government decided to deploy Soldier's? A place nobody is crying for help?
Laughable

why do you people try to always change the topic when we try to discuss biafra issues....??

lets make something very clear to una:

biafra was a fraud....

it was not you people that drew that map what una declared biafra....
that makes biafra from the start illlegal....

you didnt consult the ethnic tribes in that map back then....you only talked with igbos....and we know more now...delta igbos,tahh..
and you are still trying it till today....

what does a calabar man has to do with igbos...??....

i always laugh when una always mention old eastern region as if its your birthright....
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by MONIKERREVEALER: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
bantudra:

why do you people try to always change the topic when we try to discuss biafra issues....??

lets make something very clear to una:

biafra was a fraud....

it was not you people that drew that map what una declared biafra....
that makes biafra from the start illlegal....

you didnt consult the ethnic tribes in that map back then....you only talked with igbos....and we know more now...delta igbos,tahh..
and you are still trying it till today....

what does a calabar man has to do with igbos...??....

i always laugh when una always mention old eastern region as if its your birthright....

it is your generations that ARE FRAUDS!

see them, na Biafra matter go end all of una.

an ignorant coward like you will pretend not to know that it was elders from the entire then Eastern Region who mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra.

dont worry, we know we ARE your greatest fear. keep hiding behind the skirts of the british and their fulani minions. one day monkey go enter market NEVER to return. disgusting piece of waste!

1 Like

Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by bantudra: 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
MONIKERREVEALER:

it is your generations that ARE FRAUDS!

see them, na Biafra matter go end all of una.

an ignorant coward like you will pretend not to know that it was elders from the entire then Eastern Region who mandated Ojukwu to declare Biafra.

dont worry, we know we ARE your greatest fear. keep hiding behind the skirts of the british and their fulani minions. one day monkey go enter market NEVER to return. disgusting piece of waste!

nonesense...you asked only igbo elders....and dont bring that delta igbo nonesense up....it doesnt work on me....

and must you always insult to say something....??

my point is,you didnt draw that map of old eastern region yourself....that makes declaration of biafra back then automaticaly illegal....
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by MONIKERREVEALER: 1:48am On Sep 26, 2018
bantudra:

nonesense...you asked only igbo elders....and dont bring that delta igbo nonesense up....it doesnt work on me....

and must you always insult to say something....??

my point is,you didnt draw that map of old eastern region yourself....that makes declaration of biafra back then automaticaly illegal....

so, who drew the map of your masters, the brutish? your papa? go and ask them who gave them the authority to draw their OWN map nah. abi you no fit? I told you that you are a waste. just the truth.
see who is accusing someone of insultive language. calling a people a fraud. get away stranger, Ive got serious things going on.
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by bantudra: 9:01am On Sep 26, 2018
MONIKERREVEALER:

so, who drew the map of your masters, the brutish? your papa? go and ask them who gave them the authority to draw their OWN map nah. abi you no fit? I told you that you are a waste. just the truth.
see who is accusing someone of insultive language. calling a people a fraud. get away stranger, Ive got serious things going on.

remember that british (those moroons) drew only northern and southern region before leaving....

it was nigerian goverment that separated west from east....

you didnt draw anything....their were already igbos leaving all over the place....

what you people did was illegal....saying that all none igbo speakin tribes agreed to biafra is a lie....

thats why many fought and sabotaged your illegal biafra back then....and dont forget,many were not that educated to understand what was going on back then....

when you think we will listen to mix tribes people like dokubo today then you are realy asking for trouble....
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by Yyeske(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2018
Malawian:

Yyeske don Migrate grin grin
You again
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by Malawian(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2018
Yyeske:
You again
Yeske, abeg help me go Oraukwu go find out if Obiano do repair the road wey him spoil for Ibenabo. I wan falll in this Xmas. That man (Paddy or so) wey dey do manual drycleaner for my daddy house (opp. your former compound) i hear say that him first daughter don ripe. wink wink
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by Yyeske(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2018
Malawian:

Yeske, abeg help me go Oraukwu go find out if Obiano do repair the road wey him spoil for Ibenabo. I wan falll in this Xmas. That man (Paddy or so) wey dey do manual drycleaner for my daddy house (opp. your former compound) i hear say that him first daughter don ripe. wink wink
Hmmm, I don't have your time not you tell me how St Anthony's road links up with St Jude at Nkpor.
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by Malawian(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2018
Yyeske:
Hmmm, I don't have your time not you tell me how St Anthony's road links up with St Jude at Nkpor.

You know how we roll nah. I go get your location when i fall in. All they people for that end, shey nobody sabi where you pack go? KpataKpata, your name first, i don forget am tay tay.
Re: South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group by Emycord: 11:11am On Sep 26, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Lies form pit of hell.
The proscription came from Fed govt led by muhammed buhari.
SE governors were playing "seek and hide" game on the issue concerning Ipob because they didn't want to do or say something that Will offend Buhari whom they all see as a dictator that might sabotage their second term bid. At the same time, SE governors avoided in engaging or saying things that would offend the people that voted them in. This is why after 3 days of proscription of IPOB,Okezie Ikeazu spoke on behalf of Igbo governors and said they never supported the proscription. Probably because of bashing and lampooning of Nig govt by Int communities.

SE governors were between the devil and red sea.
Those that were clamoring for IPOB to be declared terrorist organization were arewa youths. The news is all over the media. They also did protest about it.
you nailed it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Story Behind The Death Sentence Of An Oba(alaaye Of Efon-alaaye) In 1949. / Saraki Swears In Ademola Adeleke As Osun-West Senator / CAN President Visits Senator Dino Melaye (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.