Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? (6259 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / 5 Of The World’s Longest Trucks You Will Never See On Nigerian Roads / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
billy187:
I have wondered about this for quite a while now. Mazda makes some of the finest vehicles for the money (seriously, the interior of any recent model Mazda 6 makes the interiors of similarly aged camrys look like dog puke). I also hear they are extremely fun to drive

I personally prefer the '16 model though, few changes but they make all the difference.

Arguably the best looking family sedan on the market, both interior and exterior are stunning. But then the people that buy cars in this class don't care too much about looks, they want something comfortable, reliable and practical. Plus the 2016 Mazda 6 is just too slow. Only 1 engine option which is 2.5L i4 at 184hp. So people that want a faster v6 or turbo charged are out of luck. Compared to a fully loaded accord and camry of the same year its no match. Also the ride is too harsh. Like too harsh to be a family sedan and too slow to be a sports car.

The 2016 Camry looks bland no doubt, I mean it doesn't even have LED rear lights but I think Toyota did that on a purpose to make people buy the corresponding Lexus. But the Xle still comes with that engine that people have come to love, overall very good family sedan. Accord touring 2016 is very beautiful with LED lights, apple car play and Android auto. Though not as beautiful as the Mazda 6 of the same year but people prefer it over the Mazda for it's simplicity, comfortable ride, great v6 engine and features. I just think Mazda design team are still a bit confused on how to make a family sedan, even hyundai and Kia have stepped up with the sonata and optima and are now selling very well while Mazda struggle.

The 2016 Camry might be bland but Toyota really stepped up in the 2018 model which is breathtaking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
greenhulk:

Arguably the best looking family sedan on the market, both interior and exterior are stunning. But then the people that buy cars in this class don't care too much about looks, they want something comfortable, reliable and practical. Plus the 2016 Mazda 6 is just too slow at 184hp.. compared to a fully loaded accord and camry of the same year its no match. Also the ride is too harsh. Like too harsh to be a family sedan and too slow to be a sports car.

The 2016 Camry looks bland no doubt, I mean it doesn't even have LED rear lights but I think Toyota did that on a purpose to make people buy the corresponding Lexus. But the Xle still comes with that engine that people have come to love, overall very good family sedan. Accord touring 2016 is very beautiful with LED lights, apple car play and Android auto. Though not as beautiful as the Mazda 6 of the same year but people prefer it over the Mazda for it's simplicity, comfortable ride, great v6 engine and features. I just think Mazda design team are still a bit confused on how to make a family sedan, even hyundai and Kia have stepped up with the sonata and optima and are now selling very well while Mazda struggle.

The 2016 Camry might be bland but Toyota really stepped up in the 2018 model which is breathtaking.

Absolutely spot on.
I don't like the new Camry, though. Design is way too aggressive for something that supposedly still drives like just another Camry.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Absolutely spot on.
I don't like the new Camry, though. Design is way too aggressive for something that supposedly still drives like just another Camry.

Hmm, That's the first time I'm liking the look of a Camry. The 07-08 Camry has beautiful exterior but my God I so much hate its interior even on the XLE. 2018 camry XSE is beautiful both outside and inside. Full LED head lights and tail lights with turn signals, panoramic sunroof, 19 inch wheels, head up display 301 horses. I think its the most significant upgrade I've seen on a camry especially the one with the red interior. Too bad no Apple car play and Android auto which is available on the Accord. Also no cooled seats, just heated seats. Heated seats are useless here in Nigeria, what we want are cooled seats.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by radautoworks: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Yes, yes. New-gen Volvos are sexy but their design language hadn't really matured pre-2010. Their cars from that generation just look weird to me. Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus had much better design factors.

Here's the 2008 S60, for example. I just can't get over that snout, haha.

Aww... The snout is cute! The SUVs in the past however were fugly!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
radautoworks:

Aww... The snout is cute! The SUVs in the past however were fugly!

Lol. One man's food. The XC90 has a brilliant rear, then that front just completely fooks up the car's design.
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by diportivo: 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
greenhulk:
Only 1 engine option which is 2.5L i4 at 184hp

I'm guessing this is for the American market tho?

my brother in the UK owns one...and it's the skyactivD variant

car goes off when gear is in neutral and car is idling in traffic

move the stick to one and engine comes on by itself

fuel saver of life grin

if na here motor dey do like dat,kazeem go say make we add relay join grin

13 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2018
diportivo:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by kingreign(m): 5:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
these folks should allow our camry & s60 be o! tongue
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by thebigkendo(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
diportivo:

fuel saver of life grin

grin grin chief kazeem, how u take know?

skyactiv for Mazda is like Ivtec to Honda or vvti to Toyota.. It should be on most modern Mazda engines.. Whether na America or UK.. My guess 'D' will be for diesel
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
diportivo:

fuel saver of life grin

Its the same Skyactiv engine in the North American Mazda 6. Its slow but superb mpg.. 28 city 38 highway.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by sultaan(m): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
For those who want to have fun in a Mazda, there is the Mazdaspeed variant( not sure if they still make them) with turbo engine and there is the Miata which is the best selling roadster in the market
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by radautoworks: 11:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Lol. One man's food. The XC90 has a brilliant rear, then that front just completely fooks up the car's design.

ROFL

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by radautoworks: 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2018
grin grin
diportivo:

fuel saver of life grin

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by jeraw: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
oga [/s]valarinz[s] VOLVO comman see what they are talking..o
HeavenlyBang:

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by valarinz: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

Higher resell value because of the value we(Nigerian) put on them..and the same value our dealer take to auction site like copart & Co.. Because dealer know whatever price they get them Nigerian will buy them.

Please explain why Mid-size Sedan(Camry) is cheaper then compact Car(corolla).. Only in Nigeria

grin grin grin Crash test?? Most of our Toyota & Honda have already crashed.. So count that out

Savage grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by valarinz: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Yeah, but Volvo's are ugly.

Open a thread, pick your favourite brand and let's play

Let's say you pick Toyota and im obviously on the Volvo side

Now choose the particular year model of any one you want and post pics of both cars and let's compare.

Eg Toyota Camry vs Volvo S60/S80
Toyota corolla vs Volvo S40
Toyota Avalon vs Volvo S90
Toyota rav4 vs Volvo XC40
Toyota Venza vs Volvo XC60
Toyota highlander vs Volvo XC90

If Toyota is not your brand, then choose your brand and let's see

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by thebigkendo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
valarinz:

Now choose the particular year model of any one you want and post pics of both cars and let's compare.

Its about time you show face grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2018
valarinz:

But lets be honest, the first generation XC90 was beautiful when it came out in 2002 but volvo held to that design for too long that it became outdated. Imagine selling the same car for 12 years (2002-2014). By 2008 the design was already outdated, although Volvo did make some refresh but it was basically that same 2002 car they sold until 2014. But I got to give it to them for the 2nd gen.. all that time they took really worth it as the current generation XC90 is the most technologically advanced SUV at the moment.
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
valarinz:

I'm an Aston Martin guy. grin
Still want to compare?
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by valarinz: 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I'm an Aston Martin guy. grin
Still want to compare?

PDP, APC, heavenlybang : no damn difference!!!

I hail thee!!
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by valarinz: 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2018
greenhulk:

But lets be honest, the first generation XC90 was beautiful when it came out in 2002 but volvo held to that design for too long that it became outdated. Imagine selling the same car for 12 years (2002-2014). By 2008 the design was already outdated, although Volvo did make some refresh but it was basically that same 2002 car they sold until 2014. But I got to give it to them for the 2nd gen.. all that time they took really worth it as the current generation XC90 is the most technologically advanced SUV at the moment.

That's a sentiment I also share though.

Reminds me of Peugeot 406
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by kingreign(m): 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2018
Eerrrm well 1st Gen Mercedes Benz ML and 1st Gen BMW X5 Pre LCI were fugly fcuktards of engineering designs undecided
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by Inception(m): 5:57pm On Sep 26, 2018
This thread right now...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by kingreign(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Inception:
This thread right now...
That's the essence of my coming grin
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by mammanbawa: 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2018
sultaan:
It takes 8 years for most new body style to reach Nigeria apart from the usual Camry and Accords that takes about 3 years.

If you doubt let me know if you have seen the new accord

I have seen the new Accord times without number in abuja
Same with the new Camry
Forget about the new w213 e class
Gle and g wagon countless

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by Shagati(m): 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
Inception:
This thread right now...

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by mammanbawa: 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
kingreign:
Eerrrm well 1st Gen Mercedes Benz ML and 1st Gen BMW X5 Pre LCI were fugly fcuktards of engineering designs undecided

To gen honest bro
I so much hate that stupid ML
The x5 with quad tips fine small
And that useless A class that looks like deformed soap

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by diportivo: 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
in the history of derailment

this one holds its own undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by 9icetoo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
diportivo:
in the history of derailment

this one holds its own undecided
grin grin
Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by donstefano8(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2020
I buy my Volvo 1.3-1.5m you buy your corolla 1.8m,
I later sell my volvo 700 - 800k, you sell your corolla 1.15 - 1.3m.

The extra money 300 - 400k change from not buying the corolla would have yielded me some extra money too.
Not forgetting the fact that I can park my non-comprehensively insured volvo on any street corner & sleep with both eyes closed grin grin grin grin

Modified[/quote]

Thank you for this, me I want to sleep with my eyes closed abeg, I can't come and kill myself

Volvo S60R momentum

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The 2014 Mazda 6 Not On Nigerian Roads? by diportivo: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2020
donstefano8:

I buy my Volvo 1.3-1.5m you buy your corolla 1.8m,
I later sell my volvo 700 - 800k, you sell your corolla 1.15 - 1.3m.

The extra money 300 - 400k change from not buying the corolla would have yielded me some extra money too.
Not forgetting the fact that I can park my non-comprehensively insured volvo on any street corner & sleep with both eyes closed grin grin grin grin

Modified

Thank you for this, me I want to sleep with my eyes closed abeg, I can't come and kill myself

Volvo S60R momentum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver's License Option Of 5years Aproved By Boboye And Now Being Implemented / Where Is The Engine Number Of Toyota Matrix Located? / Honda CR-V Vs Toyota RAV4 (2008-2010)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.